Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

According to Playstation.Blog, Gran Turismo 5 has a confirmed release date set for November 24th.

Quote:
"The date is locked in: Gran Turismo 5 will go on sale throughout North America on Wednesday, November 24th.

That means you’ll be experiencing over 1,000 cars, including karts and select NASCAR cars, scores of tracks, the all-new Course Maker, a dynamic weather system, a robust online community, and everything else Gran Turismo 5 has to offer in less than two weeks.

Along with confirming the November 24th date, Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program! When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 42 @ 11/12/10 09:39 AM

# 2 ps3veron @ 11/12/10 09:49 AM
Serious? Really? Can't waaaait!

# 3 King10Sooted @ 11/12/10 10:25 AM
Hopefully it actually releases this time. I have been waiting so long Im really not even that excited anymore though.

# 4 Whitesox @ 11/12/10 10:41 AM
Yes! Can't wait to get some online in with other OS members.

# 5 CC @ 11/12/10 10:43 AM
It's about time. I don't think there is any way they can push it back again seeing as they announced today that it is releasing in less than two weeks.

# 6 Earl1963 @ 11/12/10 11:11 AM
Yes! It's finally coming out. Can't wait for November 24th 2011.

# 7 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/12/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Times infinity and beyond!

You best hook up with me and race online Brett!

# 8 SqueakyD @ 11/12/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Yes! It's finally coming out. Can't wait for November 24th 2011.

Can finally dust off my Logitech wheel.

# 9 rspencer86 @ 11/12/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyD
Can finally dust off purchase my Logitech wheel.
Let the hunt begin...

# 10 CaptainZombie @ 11/12/10 01:12 PM
About time. LOL! So in 1.5 weeks, we will finally get to try this out. I thought we had a real race going here to see if the Cubs win the WS or GT5 will get released. LOL!

# 11 SqueakyD @ 11/12/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
About time. LOL! So in 1.5 weeks, we will finally get to try this out. I thought we had a real race going here to see if the Cubs win the WS or GT5 will get released. LOL!
Don't you know? Mr. Yamauchi says the Cubs WS rings are being stamped as we speak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Let the hunt begin...
You know, I kind of regret buying the wheel (Driving Force GT) upon release a couple years ago. I bought it specifically to use for GT5, so it had been sitting around until then. I'm pretty sure it's way cheaper now.

# 12 rspencer86 @ 11/12/10 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyD
You know, I kind of regret buying the wheel (Driving Force GT) upon release a couple years ago. I bought it specifically to use for GT5, so it had been sitting around until then. I'm pretty sure it's way cheaper now.
Do you think the Driving Force GT is a good balance for people like me who like racing games but aren't super-hardcore about it? I mean, I'm not going to spend $300 on a wheel.

# 13 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/12/10 01:54 PM
Quote:
Do you think the Driving Force GT is a good balance for people like me who like racing games but aren't super-hardcore about it? I mean, I'm not going to spend $300 on a wheel.
Absolutely. You can get them with deals online for around $70 if you look. And I am sure there will be a lot of deals on Amazon and Newegg, etc when this game hits.

Playing racing games with a wheel will open a whole new level of fun for you. You will never use a controller again after... and quite frankly, in a sim inspired racing game, a wheel is clearly a must. The controller just can not replicate it fully.

# 14 SqueakyD @ 11/12/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I consider myself in that group... The DFGT is half the price compared to the approx $300 G27, which I consider the wheel for the super-hardcore... You'll be missing a clutch and the H pattern stick shift in the DFGT, but to save $150+ I can deal with that.

I played a bit of Prologue with the wheel... With a bit of track memorization, the game is definitely much more fun.

# 15 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/12/10 02:12 PM
Right now Amazong as the GT with a $30 rebate, so will end up costing just $99.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayS...=operasport-20

But I did see it go on sale on these sites last year for $70, and also seen the G27 on sale around that time for $200 range.

Wait a hair more towards the holidays, and they usually dip in price.

# 16 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/14/10 12:14 AM
Well I changed my order on Amazon.com and made it "release date delivery", and they only charged me .99 cents!

Not bad!

I also had a $20 off coupon for another game I pre-ordered back in July, so I will be getting the CE for $80. Not bad!

# 17 CaptainZombie @ 11/14/10 07:05 PM
This is hilarious:

# 18 countryboy @ 11/14/10 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
This is hilarious:

I knew Microsoft was somehow behind the delay. Bastards.

# 19 Flawless @ 11/15/10 03:51 PM
This is an awesome fan made trailer.

Photo mode examples:

# 20 arsenal123gunners @ 11/15/10 04:23 PM
What is the black car in the picture in the first post

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.