Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

OS Radio is returning to the internet airwaves tomorrow night for a special edition of the show! Join myself (Chris Sanner) and Christian McLeod as we welcome on EA Sports' (and a member of the NCAA Football team) Ben Haumiller to discuss NCAA Football in both the real and digital formats. We'll predict some bowl games and try to get Ben to give us the master plan for NCAA Football 12, although we suspect he'll be able to withstand Christian's charm for the hour we'll have him on.

What: OS Radio Show

When: 9pm EST Tonight!!

Where: We will be live both on OS and on BlogTalkRadio!

Hosts: Our Executive Editor Chris Sanner as well as OS Staff Writer Christian McLeod.

Guest: NCAA Football 11 Developer/Team Member Ben Haumiller

Listen Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/operationsports
Listen live in the top right hand corner.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BenGerman @ 12/14/10 06:34 PM
Excited for this. Hope to hear some good things about NCAA 12.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 12/14/10 09:04 PM
Online NOW!

# 3 canes21 @ 12/14/10 09:10 PM
Anything about 12 going to come up or has came up?

# 4 Steve_OS @ 12/14/10 09:11 PM
Discussing what happens during the offseason... Basically, there is no offseason, for the team.

# 5 khaliib @ 12/14/10 09:44 PM
Well, I caught it with 20 min remaining right at the Open Editor question.
And like I thought, an Open Editor is a "No-Go" for 2012. As usual, we got the "Possibly in the future" blurp.

I don't understand why OS would waste this opportunity to share community questions with a Dev, by spending the time discussing their Bowl Predictions.

C'mon OS, with so many questions from gamers on here pertaining to the game and the lack of interaction thus far by NCAA with the community, 10-15 crucial minutes are wasted at the end talking about nothing pertinent to the game.

We need someone else to develope a College Football Game. We are just at that point!!!
I wonder what will be the latest Gimmick thrown our way this year?

Just Wow!!!
What about the Game?

# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/14/10 09:56 PM
Well my sound just completely went out......

But anyway here is the rundown:

No offseason for them, they started on NCAA 12 back in June.

They have been reading my thread, testing whether or not if lowering PRC causes other problems in other areas of the game. Stability testing basically.

Some schools don't have their pro uniforms or alternate uniforms in the game because of the school itself ask them not to put it in.

70 man roster is due to disc space issue

Smallers schools aren't in the game anymore due to disc space issue

They pretty much are already set on what they want in NCAA 12, they known that since June or May, since that is when they started working on NCAA 12

Madden & NCAA share a lot of stuff but both cater towards their audience. He said Madden audience is more hardcore.....So I guess NCAA audience is more casual ???

Developers play on All American 6 to 7 minutes, default sliders, normal speed, default speed threshold. That is what they play on and test the game on.

Another patch or tuner for NCAA 11 not going to happen more then likely.

# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/14/10 10:02 PM
Oh yeah NCAA players aren't allowed to have individual player tendancies a la NBA 2k11....So that is not going to happen.

Dynasty mode is their main focus for NCAA 12, which was their main focus for NCAA 11, NCAA 10 and NCAA 09 as well. That mode is their cash cow basically.

Working on having Online Dynasty completely server based sometime in the future. (My take probably around NCAA 13 or NCAA 14)

Time constraints....
Disc constraints.....

Don't know what happened to the show, it completely cut off at 9:40pm, I couldn't hear anybody at all and the room just completely froze.

# 8 illwill10 @ 12/14/10 10:12 PM
i can understand the inability of individual player tendencies. how about coach tendencies.
What are ways that they can free up disc space?
it seem as disc space is the main reason why alot of key features is missing from the game.

# 9 Special27K @ 12/14/10 10:14 PM
Was the radio show like recorded and uploaded as an mp3?

# 10 Bumble14 @ 12/14/10 10:19 PM
The full show is up on the link above as a mp3. Not sure what happened guys- sorry.

Also, please realize that there is a lot that Ben is not able to talk about with regards to 12. I talk with him pretty frequently, so as soon as information on 12 is released that can be shared Operation Sports will be the first to know :-)

# 11 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/14/10 10:19 PM
it was live

# 12 jfsolo @ 12/14/10 10:54 PM
Dynasty mode as the main focus is what I always want to hear. Their design decisions for NCAA 11, IMO, were solid. The issues for me were about the implementation of A.I. and ratings .

# 13 illwill10 @ 12/14/10 11:06 PM
As it sounds, dynasty will be vastly improved. They are heading in the right direction. As along as they continue improving career modes they will become an elite game.

# 14 Burner_22 @ 12/14/10 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Oh yeah NCAA players aren't allowed to have individual player tendancies a la NBA 2k11....So that is not going to happen.

Dynasty mode is their main focus for NCAA 12, which was their main focus for NCAA 11, NCAA 10 and NCAA 09 as well. That mode is their cash cow basically.

Working on having Online Dynasty completely server based sometime in the future. (My take probably around NCAA 13 or NCAA 14)

Time constraints....
Disc constraints.....

Don't know what happened to the show, it completely cut off at 9:40pm, I couldn't hear anybody at all and the room just completely froze.
I wouldve loved to hear an explanation as to why they released a football game where Play Action doesnt work.

# 15 khaliib @ 12/15/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Did they explain why such a limitation is placed on their game?

Also, this whole interaction with the community must be Marketing strategy to hook gamers, because if work is started during the season. Then they can't talk about the work after the season. Then talk about what's finalized during pre-season.
Then when/where are the gamer's desires discussed/included for next years release using this model?

The issue is not so much about the lack of info being released early, but that Gamer satisfaction is stated as being at the forefront when producing a game. Yet, they never, "Never", "NEVER" address most of the gameplay issues the community discovers, as it pertains to the next years release. There are still '08 issues occuring in the game 4 years later.

I can't believe he threw the Open Editor Community Suggestion in the "Down the Line" trash can so easily.
Every year the default rosters and in-game generated players ratings are so awful that they hinder gameplay greatly.
Even a simple global ratings editor like the one in NBA Live 10, would go a long way in the customer satisfaction department
(Your "Wrong" for requiring your gamers to edit Player-by-Player ratings for 120 schools to help improve your game)
(At least allow us to global edit Team-by-Team)
).

With the standard they've created with 2k11 basketball , I couldn't imagine what a College Football Game by 2k would look/play like without the limitations EA seems to always have placed upon them.

I know, I know.
"It's still way too early, so relax!"

Instead of hearing the usual "What we've done is....."

It would be nice to hear "What the community has asked for, is now...."

# 16 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/15/10 01:35 AM
I am just assuming NCAA regulations that the player can't too closely resemble one particular person in college. So it might be that legal issue.

So from that standpoint if NCAA never going to get it, then Madden more then likely won't ever get it either. Since now they only make things that the other game can get either at the same time or the following year. It is cross coded and cross shared that way.

Ben said it himself. Somethings are exclusive to Madden for a year or two and somethings are exclusive to NCAA for a year or two, but in the end both going to end up using it. Therefore they don't ever make any thing that the other can't use the folllowing year.

With that in mind, I am ASSUMING in NCAA 12 they going to have more passer attributes like Madden has, you know the whole throw on the run, play action effectiveness, short throw accuracy, medium accuracy and deep throw accuracy.

That don't mean a hill of beans though if the AI still don't scramble and they can't operate the spread offense correctly.

# 17 illwill10 @ 12/15/10 01:48 AM
i am not trying to be negative, BUT it seems as if EA football is the only sports game where one of the consistent excuses for years have been issues of disc space and not alot of staff. I know art and audio take up alot of space, but it seems like last gen had more disc space.

# 18 Solidice @ 12/15/10 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
i am not trying to be negative, BUT it seems as if EA football is the only sports game where one of the consistent excuses for years have been issues of disc space and not alot of staff. I know art and audio take up alot of space, but it seems like last gen had more disc space.
the art/audio/videos didn't take up as much space in last-gen. it was lower resolution/quality back then.

# 19 gofresno @ 12/15/10 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Not trying to defend them, but I don't think any other sports game has to hold 120 teams with 70 man rosters, including all their stadiums in-depth + some bowl stadiums.

# 20 khaliib @ 12/15/10 04:12 AM
Quote:
I am just assuming NCAA regulations that the player can't too closely resemble one particular person in college. So it might be that legal issue.
I'm interning with a football program at a Major college. There's nothing established NCAA wise that deals with the likeness of a College Athlete. NCAA does not own the rights to the athletes, it only oversees the mandates established to protect "Amateurism" only. As a recruiter, it is a very touchy subject, but this issue has nothing to do with inclusion into a video game.

Also, if such was true, the NCAA could claim that the playbooks and Team Tendencies/Offenses encroach on the likeness of teams which are under the umbrella of their organization.
(Funny how they can include TEAM Tendencies, but not Position Tendencies. Just another one of those strange limitations that EA seems to have)

This is there choice for whatever the reason may be, but there is no standing to prevent ratings being established to have a fictional individual perform a certain way on a football video game. It's no different than how they classify QB's as Scrambling (your favorite subject) vs Pocket Passer or Run/Pass Block OL etc...

Again, it's their choice not to include, eventhough the community wants it and can use it to make the gaming experience better.

It's not too far fetched to think we will get Madden 11 with a NCAA jersey over it. To me, it's designed more to fit the College game.

I really believe the foundation which their game is built on, is just maxed out and EA just doesn't have the "Tot-tas" to create of a new foundation/engine.
That's why we still see the foundational pre-canned/chaining/looping going on.

oh, well
Back to an all-nighter for Biomechanics final tomorrow

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.