Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Check out some of the new MLB 2K11 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/06/11 03:25 PM
Where is that first base umpire looking? No wonder they miss plays IRL.

# 2 jeffy777 @ 01/06/11 03:46 PM
At least it looks like throws can go offline this year, so that's good news.

# 3 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/06/11 03:55 PM
meh.... Hopefully this means were getting a preview from IGN

# 4 TerryP @ 01/06/11 03:57 PM
Can't really tell from 2 screenshots, but it appears the gloves may not have that inflatable look anymore.

# 5 Jamin23 @ 01/06/11 04:01 PM
I see the 2D crowd is back. That's unacceptable.

# 6 CincinnatiRedlegs @ 01/06/11 04:08 PM
Call me greedy, but I'm hoping we see some more info than just these two screenshots today.

# 7 mrsalsays @ 01/06/11 06:02 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=89397568958

In all honesty, im probably done with this franchise, i always get excited around this time and then i am ALWAYS let down. The textures are meh and the only graphical difference i see from last year is in the lighting slightly. They really needed to work on the stadium lighting and the crowd lighting with the shade etc.. The one positive thing i can tell if the first baseman is actually jumping for the ball..

MEH

# 8 ChampN252 @ 01/06/11 06:08 PM
I'm liking the pics. Now we need game play details.

# 9 ChampN252 @ 01/06/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalsays
They had to have given up. Honestly
Not impressed? I not sure what to think. 2K10 was my first b-ball game.

# 10 ChampN252 @ 01/06/11 06:27 PM
you make it sound sad when you out it like that

# 11 mrsalsays @ 01/06/11 06:50 PM
Because it is sad dude.
Im 23 years old and i sit here every january like a 10 year old on xmas morning waiting for information.. and i get let down like clockwork because the game is the same bs exuse every year. How do you downgrade graphically for 3 years to not even upgrade in the gameplay dept.. they say the ball physics this and the ball physics that.. tell me when you hit the ball, does it truly feel like youre controlling it? not to me, thats for sure. They basically downgraded their game for 3 straight years. Last year was the only semi playable game in my opinion and even after playing that for a few seasons.. teh franchise was completely broken and the gameplay became somewhat even predictable. The hits feel like you dont have control, you constantly smash opposite field homeruns, it doesnt feel true to life, nothing about this game does. Seriously.

Im never a negtative person but this is really the last straw. I know its only a screenshot but i really dont care what they do to the gameplay this year because its not going to save it.

The anchor has been dropped and the ship is sinking.

# 12 spankdatazz22 @ 01/06/11 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fanatic
The guy is just saying what is painfully obvious anymore. This game is not aiming for superbness. 2K's people themselves have said they're basically looking forward to getting rid of the exclusivity license, so.. why even bother sticking up for this game anymore ?
Hard as it is for some of you to believe, some of us are looking forward to the game. Without the need for those "this game is a waste of time" "PS3/The Show rulez!" comments - ON THE FIRST DROP OF INFORMATION. There's no need for people to be so transparent, or so insecure. They released a short trailer and some high res vids, and nothing but complaints about 2D crowds and comments about issues with the previous year's game. I just don't see this incessant need by some to label the game as horrible when I don't see any information that was released meriting that level of animosity. Normally I'd try not to comment on people going out of their way because I know the mods will deal with it eventually - but it's annoying to see year in and year out.

# 13 jeffy777 @ 01/06/11 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fanatic
This game is not aiming for superbness. 2K's people themselves have said they're basically looking forward to getting rid of the exclusivity license, so.. why even bother sticking up for this game anymore ?
If that's the case, then why even bother posting here?

There are some of us who are actually looking forward to this game. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but it would be nice if we could post in peace without people constantly saying things such as there's no point in buying this if we own a PS3 or that there's no point in saying anything positive about this game. It's annoying for the rest of us who are open minded and think that 2K just might be improving this series like they did last year.

# 14 SoxFan01605 @ 01/06/11 10:38 PM
Unimpressed with the screens. Textures on uniforms and equipment still seem to be an issue there, but to be honest they're about what I'd expect. Not too concerned with the visuals personally though (and they're not bad...just underwhelming)...the game could look like a PS2/XBOX game for all I care if they can finally get a handle on the gameplay and AI.

Plus, I thought 2K10 looked better on my PC than any pics I saw, it was just animations that killed it. If they have smoothed out the animations, the visuals might just "pop" a bit more than they do in these pics.

# 15 jeffy777 @ 01/06/11 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Unimpressed with the screens. Textures on uniforms and equipment still seem to be an issue there, but to be honest they're about what I'd expect. Not too concerned with the visuals personally though (and they're not bad...just underwhelming)...the game could look like a PS2/XBOX game for all I care if they can finally get a handle on the gameplay and AI.

Plus, I thought 2K10 looked better on my PC than any pics I saw, it was just animations that killed it. If they have smoothed out the animations, the visuals might just "pop" a bit more than they do in these pics.
Agreed. The animations are what I hope they focused on this year. So far, they do look pretty good in the trailer.

And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about the gameplay and AI too.

# 16 SoxFan01605 @ 01/06/11 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Agreed. The animations are what I hope they focused on this year. So far, they do look pretty good in the trailer.
Yup...just saw the trailer (posted in here before I saw that). I'm a little more hopeful that finally some progress was made there. Looking forward to gameplay videos in the coming weeks.

# 17 ChampN252 @ 01/06/11 10:54 PM
Quote:
Yup...just saw the trailer (posted in here before I saw that). I'm a little more hopeful that finally some progress was made there. Looking forward to gameplay videos in the coming weeks.
exactly, I'm not seeing all the complaints. This game looks a lot better and smoother. Just gotta hear about game play now.

# 18 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/06/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777

And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about the gameplay and AI too.
Quote:
I am just going to keep an open mind, because even last year, the trailer in the same style presentation, showed what seemed to be "improved" animations, and it did not translate in the game when we had our hands on it. And I still remember all the complaints that ensued right after.

Last years:

# 19 SoxFan01605 @ 01/06/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I am just going to keep an open mind, because even last year, the trailer in the same style presentation, showed what seemed to be "improved" animations, and it did not translate in the game when we had our hands on it. And I still remember all the complaints that ensued right after.
Well, there were animation improvements in 2K10...it was clear if you compared it to 2K9. There just weren't enough because the game's been behind the eight ball in that area for awhile.

As far as 2K10 to 2K11 goes, it's too early to tell the degree, but for example, as soon as the 2K10 one speeds up, you see a lot of the same goofy stuff that has plagued this series (choppy running, stutters/hitches, etc). I feel like the animations in the 2K11 trailer just seemed more fluid than this one at regular speed.

Like I said though, looking forward to gameplay videos. Actual gameplay will tell a better story regardless. We'll see.

# 20 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/06/11 11:28 PM
Agreed. A trailer will always hand select the most pristine moments, last years case in point.

Soon, another couple weeks and a flood should happen.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.