Home
Shift 2 Unleashed News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The Driver’s Battle is On!

They’re sexier, faster, fiercer, and, this March, the green light will unleash the cars, tracks, and competitors of 2011’s premier racing title. SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED™, the latest entry in the critically acclaimed Need for Speed™ simulation series, races onto retail shelves in Europe on March 25 and North America on March 29.

Players can secure their spot on the starting grid by pre-ordering the SHIFT2 UNLEASHED Limited Version to get exclusive access to the Nissan Silvia spec.R Aero (S15), the Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, and the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 and 40 career events. These include Single-Type race events where a driver’s skill is pushed to the limits as each player competes in the same make of car; Old vs. New Challenge events in which classic cars go head-to-head against their modern counterparts; and Manufacturer Showdown events that pits some of the most iconic car rivalries against each other in an all-out-battle to prove which car is the best..

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED pushes the revolutionary true driver’s experience to the next gear with an all-new rendering engine and graphics overhaul, innovative helmet camera, night racing, and authentic degradation of tracks and cars.

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED takes the innovative rivalry-generating Autolog technology pioneered by Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and connects friends, and competitors, together in head-to-head races and player statistic match-ups to add new layers of depth and detail to the intricate customization and tuning of the simulation series.

Developed by the award-winning Slightly Mad Studios, SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC.

Game: Shift 2 UnleashedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Shift 2 Unleashed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DickDalewood @ 01/13/11 11:29 PM
That trailer was SICK. Really looking forward to this! Thanks Steve.

# 2 elit3nemesis @ 01/14/11 12:50 AM
ehh........

# 3 JMD @ 01/14/11 08:12 AM
I'm in. Still playing Shift, can't wait for this one.

# 4 LucianoJJ @ 01/14/11 11:25 AM
Was that Bathurst at night? I fell for the first Shift. I got rid of it relatively quickly. I believe I will give Shift 2 a try. If the handling is improved I may play it more than GT5. I predict this is going to be far more exciting than GT5, far more accessible than F1 2010. Shift may have been flawed, but it really charged up the adrenaline. Whoa, here we go again.

# 5 TracerBullet @ 01/14/11 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
That trailer was SICK. Really looking forward to this! Thanks Steve.
Agreed. I love the sense of speed this game gives you and the feeling that you are actually racing, not just driving.

# 6 JMD @ 01/15/11 07:52 AM
Yikes, I just read about the delay on Nascar 11 , now both Shift 2 and that game are out on the same day.

# 7 cbrigante2 @ 01/16/11 10:43 AM
The first shift was missing two things I think that kept it from being a great game. A quality physics engine...or at least a somewhat realistic driving model, and better multiplayer setup. The multiplayer was very limited (much like the almost great game Grid as well).

I hate being in a position of begging EA here, but please, for the love of all things holy...fix these two things...and I'd love this game.

# 8 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/16/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrigante2
The first shift was missing two things I think that kept it from being a great game. A quality physics engine...or at least a somewhat realistic driving model, and better multiplayer setup. The multiplayer was very limited (much like the almost great game Grid as well).

I hate being in a position of begging EA here, but please, for the love of all things holy...fix these two things...and I'd love this game.
I too hope they fix those two things, considering the mud slinging they tried to do towards GT5.

You do not have anything close to a sim engine, but you want to criticize a sim. I am very eager to find out more info as well, but considering how close it is coming out from it's initial announcement, I will not hold my breath on the physics aspect.

Will the age be fun, I am sure it will, but will it be a sim on the level of GT5 with the mud slinging they did. I doubt it.

# 9 JMD @ 01/17/11 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker

Personally, I'm ore excited about Slightly Mad working on PGR, as I prefer the arcade/sim balance of that series. I thought Shift was the best game of that type since PGR 2. The fun I have had with Shift will lead me to picking up the sequel this game and selling Forza, which I rarely play.
WHAT??? Someone is bringing back the PGR Series???? Any links to info?

# 10 DickDalewood @ 01/17/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Here's another video of Shift 2 I found:

That cockpit view is just absolutely incredible.

# 11 DaveDQ @ 01/17/11 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
That cockpit view is just absolutely incredible.
I've never played Shift but something about that view gives it a real gritty, sense of speed look.

# 12 chadskee @ 01/17/11 02:45 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to this as I see it being a bit like GRID. Looks like it could be possibly even more towards the SIM end of the spectrum but that's fine by me. I loved the SIM style gameplay combined with arcade elements in GRID and the AI that made the races feel more alive.

More exclusive pre-order BS though. I guess I should just get used to it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.