Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

What you’ll see is around 10 minutes of gameplay at Miller Park (which has actually been changed since this video was shot.) This is as close to direct-feed that we could get, so the quality is a bit less than perfect. Also, the audio was removed completely as all you could hear was us idiots talking in the background. This is NOT FINAL CODE, and was actually changing throughout the week that we were there. Some things to focus on are the updated player models (no more T-Rex) and the analog controls.

(The team has given permission for me to post this video)

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Knight165 @ 01/18/11 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
LMAO! I need to find the "Before and After" shots
Yeah...that was a Weight Watchers commercial in the making there!

M.K.
Knight165

# 22 PSNation @ 01/18/11 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
PSNation,

How did you find the new analog pitching as opposed to the meter. Easier or Harder to hit your spots? Did you find you were issuing more or fewer walks. I have always found that my walk totals while pitching have always been really low compare to the rest of the league and I try to pitch as realistically as possible. Thanks.
I'd say that the analog is much more consistent, but it does require a lot of concentration. I think that the analog pitching feels the most natural, and honestly, I was pretty worried about it until I started playing with the analog. ow it's the only pitching mechanic that I want to use.

# 23 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 01/18/11 11:47 PM
Quote:
- I'll try to put another video together soon, but we're preparing for our live show this weekend, so my free time is rare this week, and each of the videos needs to be approved by the team before I can post any.
Looking forward to both.. Can you make some type of announcement so I can tune in.. Your MLB11 podcast was entertaining & informative to say the least. Your fanbase has just grown 1 more stronger..

# 24 The Kid 24 @ 01/18/11 11:48 PM
Wow... Some of the Brewers stances were off ... From what I saw I hope those won't be the final stances for Weeks, Hart, Braun and McGehee... And I also hope that YoGa's delivery will be fixed

# 25 wrelax13 @ 01/18/11 11:50 PM
Is there a link to the video? Cant seem to view it

# 26 Knight165 @ 01/18/11 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
PSNation

"Hitting was via analog, the PCI was there to help me with my timing (shrinks if your timing is off etc)"

Looks like you had major shrinkage while batting with Fielder!
Haha!...
Santana schooled him there! (yep...that's 1-2-3!)

M.K.
Knight165

# 27 PSNation @ 01/19/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Milwaukee 28
Wow... Some of the Brewers stances were off ... From what I saw I hope those won't be the final stances for Weeks, Hart, Braun and McGehee... And I also hope that YoGa's delivery will be fixed
First, stances were still being worked-on.

Second- great news, the stadium announcer pronounces McGhee's name properly now

# 28 PSNation @ 01/19/11 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha!...
Santana schooled him there! (yep...that's 1-2-3!)

M.K.
Knight165
Shut your whore mouth

Yeahhhhh, I'm a crappy hitter in that one.

# 29 Knight165 @ 01/19/11 12:16 AM
Quote:
Shut your whore mouth

Yeahhhhh, I'm a crappy hitter in that one.
Haha...
Listened to the cast...you sounded zonked...
Good listen though!

M.K.
Knight165

# 30 PSNation @ 01/19/11 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha...
Listened to the cast...you sounded zonked...
Good listen though!

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, I stayed at my Parents' when I got back, since it was another 2 hours home for me. My mom said that I sat on the couch and just started talking gibberish. I was no better the night we recorded either, since I got my *** kicked at work that Friday.

It was all worth it

# 31 Knight165 @ 01/19/11 12:28 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I stayed at my Parents' when I got back, since it was another 2 hours home for me. My mom said that I sat on the couch and just started talking gibberish. I was no better the night we recorded either, since I got my *** kicked at work that Friday.

It was all worth it
It was a very good time.
...and you're right on target with your props to the dev team but especially Ramone. TOP NOTCH guy....can't say enough about him.
(you too Kolbe! )

M.K.
Knight165

# 32 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I'm not liking how Braun beats out a smash to short. The problem is the shortstop kinda hot-dogged it and the throw was late. I've seen this animation too many times in previous years.

Fielder's batting stance looks a bit off as well.

Otherwise, it looks to be a decent game.

10char

# 33 nemesis04 @ 01/19/11 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

10char
I can do it in less then that!

# 34 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 12:45 AM
Quote:
LMAO! I need to find the "Before and After" shots
Do it... Do it...

We talked about it

# 35 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I can do it in less then that!
Indeed...

Speaking of "zonked"... I can ever avoid an issue...

We get off the plane in Jersey... and guess what guys, my flight was delayed an hour... okay, then another hour, then 3 hours

I guess they did not want to use that plane after inspection, so I had to wait for the ones that left for Albany to come back and take me where I needed to go.

I get back, and my GF's mother picked me up since it ran too late and my GF had to work, and she asked if I wanted to go out for lunch, and of course, I was speaking gibberish too, so she dropped me off at home

And yes, well worth it. Ramone is definitely pure class, as per usual, and of course you guys all rocked again.

Was cool meeting Glen, he fit right in with our sarcasm.

Thanks for the video, makes me jones even more!!!

# 36 Skyboxer @ 01/19/11 01:00 AM
I received and extra weeks vacation this year thats just waiting on The Show.....
Not saying I'm using the whole week for it but not saying i'm not either.
So many things i can't wait to try...3D, analog pitching, true zone hitting ....
I also plan to take a tour of every stadium.....
Already have my stuff ready to get my sliders done...
Just.need.the.game......

Guess i really should be deciding on a tv......

# 37 drtrix @ 01/19/11 01:03 AM
Night and day between 10 and 11! Player models look fantastic. The one thing that struck out at me after watching the video was that the jersey sleeves for all players look too long and baggy, Jayson Werth style. I never noticed that in prior years. Is this due to the new player models? Most players IRL have their sleeves cut above the elbow with a tighter tailored look.

# 38 ripwalk @ 01/19/11 01:08 AM
One thing I thought was quite cool was in the Prince Fielder at bat. He threw three straight outside sliders, and the human batter swung weakly at all three ... Is that some sort adaptive pitching intelligence? I don't necessarily remember seeing that sort of thing in MLB 10, where a CPU pitcher would consistently target an area the opponent is weak .... Maybe it was, but I don't recall. Thoughts?

# 39 BatsareBugs @ 01/19/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
One thing I thought was quite cool was in the Prince Fielder at bat. He threw three straight outside sliders, and the human batter swung weakly at all three ... Is that some sort adaptive pitching intelligence? I don't necessarily remember seeing that sort of thing in MLB 10, where a CPU pitcher would consistently target an area the opponent is weak .... Maybe it was, but I don't recall. Thoughts?
For MLB '11, I don't know, but I think I can speak on this based on my experience in MLB '10 for MLB '10. In franchise mode, at the beginning of the game the CPU does not know what location you're sitting dead red on. Most of the time I guess low in the zone because I have trouble picking up low pitches. However, after the first 12 batters, the CPU would begin either start hammering high in the strike zone or away if I have had some moderate success, as in "hmm, this guy is hitting pitches down in the zone or laying off the ones well below the zone."

In RTTS it is a different story since each game is different.

# 40 WhiteM5 @ 01/19/11 01:53 AM
Agree with most that the game is looking fantastic. The models look good, and the fluidity was great to see.

The implementation of the analog pitching looks better than I thought. Seems to be a challenge without being a nuisance. Good work devs.

My only gripe will be not enough playable fielding cams to show off the works of art of this game...the stadiums! A nice second deck cam would have really showed off that deep fly off the wall and added some drama as to whether it was going to make it over the wall. I make the same gripe every year, so don't take it personal devs...I'm what you call a captured audience...I buy the game every year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.