Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Mauer Mondays continue at Gamestop with another MLB 11 The Show video. This one is a gameplay clip between the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Clarke_311 @ 02/21/11 06:35 PM
That video was beautiful, thanks for finding it!! Loving the player models and lighting, looks absoluely gorgeous!! Dissapointed to see the commentary is relatively the same (at one point I heard Karros saying the exact same line as Hudler did about picking up his fielder after an error), but other than that, the video was excellent.

# 2 The Bimmer @ 02/21/11 06:35 PM
Nice video, definitely can see the cleaner look, and new player models. Other than that looks like 10 to me. ( that is probably a good thing not bad). Agree with above post Karros said almost the exact things as Rex.

# 3 JermaineDye05 @ 02/21/11 06:42 PM
The bounces look much better.

# 4 Sco291 @ 02/21/11 06:46 PM
Oh lord...the commentary needs an overhaul for sure. WAY too robotic. Still fresh to hear Karros in there for sure though, but like others have said he repeats basically the same stuff. Huh.

The Lighting.
Boy oh boy was the lighting a HUGE improvement...that cloud coverage and shadows...not to mention I liked how Matt mentioned the chance of a thunderstorm later in the evening. That was cool to hear. I agree too that the pitching motions look a lot better with release point, looks even nice because of the awesome player models.

Grass looked good, field depth looked much improved too.

# 5 deucepoppi17 @ 02/21/11 06:48 PM
Wow. Looks just like 10.......and fielding still looks horrible.

# 6 Blzer @ 02/21/11 06:52 PM
So many great things to say about this video! Unfortunately came the bad with the game's settings used and the video splicing. The crowd was practically inaudible as the commentary volume was mostly the only thing that was raised (which I have to admit is pretty disappointing, even when Vasgersian speaks by himself as there's no consistency from line to line). They didn't seem to use much of the real time presentation either, one of my favorite new aspects of the game last year

The ball physics are vastly improved! I love how the throw home was on a line and depended on the hop instead of flying up in the air, and the CPU ambitiously went for a ball that they could not get to. It looks like you're able to get more sweet spot on the bat with pitches on the border of the plate which is awesome, and it was very cool to see a 4:00 start time (I'm assuming this, of course). Pujols' stance is much, much improved as well, and I am going to have a fun time with the pitching cameras and all of the other customizable cameras!

The video splicing and the audio balances made parts of this video partly a pain to watch though. There were some "stiff" and "stale" moments in this bit that I can't quite put my finger on as well, but the good always outweighs the bad here!

I would like to see more on right-stick batting and fielding though. It's tough to get a grasp on that until we get the demo obviously, so I just hope it's all for the best!

# 7 countryboy @ 02/21/11 06:57 PM
that is the WORST!!!! video I have ever seen. There is nothing good about that video, nothing.

# 8 bcruise @ 02/21/11 07:00 PM
I had a feeling we were getting set up for another heartbreaker in the 9th courtesy of Pujols...Marmol making him (or rather whoever was on the sticks) look bad this time though!

Spoiler

I love hearing the crowd get loud for the final out - that's been in the game for years but I never get enough of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
that is the WORST!!!! video I have ever seen. There is nothing good about that video, nothing.
Haha...aw come on, let us have one once in a while.

# 9 countryboy @ 02/21/11 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am sure you love that last play of the game.
that video was terrible. I may not get the game now.

# 10 DickDalewood @ 02/21/11 07:02 PM
Quote:

I tell ya CB, I don't get why people expect to see something so vastly different considerig how good this game already was. The fact that they can can even improve the visuals at all is amazing in itself... not to mention the addition of rain and an entirely new control scheme. Apparently that is easy stuff to do and Hoyle only take about a day or two to implement

# 11 Doormat @ 02/21/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Please tell me you're joking

# 12 woz411 @ 02/21/11 07:06 PM
what else did this game need? new pitching/hitting, rain, etc

this isn't like the 2k series that needed a lot of improvements, the only thing that they could improve on is a new cover, because pretty much everything else they do the best of any sports games....

the only thing i wish they could do, is a virtual reality the show, where i put a helmet on and i am batting in Fenway against joba the hut, then promptly hit a walk off

# 13 Doormat @ 02/21/11 07:07 PM
Ah that's why
Quote:
He is a Cards fan. He is loving the game, just not the outcome.

# 14 Sco291 @ 02/21/11 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
what else did this game need? new pitching/hitting, rain, etc

this isn't like the 2k series that needed a lot of improvements, the only thing that they could improve on is a new cover, because pretty much everything else they do the best of any sports games....

the only thing i wish they could do, is a virtual reality the show, where i put a helmet on and i am batting in Fenway against joba the hut, then promptly hit a walk off
Um how about commentary?

# 15 woz411 @ 02/21/11 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Um how about commentary?

thats pretty much the only thing....

# 16 countryboy @ 02/21/11 07:10 PM
Quote:
He is a Cards fan. He is loving the game, just not the outcome.
party pooper

# 17 Clarke_311 @ 02/21/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
It's okay, you'll only have to live with that Pujols guy for one more season.

# 18 Doormat @ 02/21/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
It's okay, you'll only have to live with that Pujols guy for one more season.
Can't say that...yet

# 19 Heroesandvillains @ 02/21/11 07:13 PM
I have to say, this is the first video where the improved lighting really stands out to me. The player models also have me salivating a bit. Good stuff.

The problem, for me, with a video is how 'un-baseball' it feels to watch. To sort of piggyback off of Blzer for a sec...the editing is atrocious. From the sound, all the way to the choice of fast forwarding at-bats in order to get to the action play...2 or 3 unedited innings, versus 9 innings spliced together, would be a lot more fluid and pleasing, allowing this games strengths to shine. After all, The Show is a series ripe with small nuances and the undeniable 'baseball feel.' Button mashing through animations and splicing/shortening at-bats doesn't do the greatest series I have ever played any justice whatsoever.

Rant aside...I LOVE the missed play in the outfield! Been waiting on that (a miss without a dive involved) for YEARS!!!

# 20 vinny_b @ 02/21/11 07:16 PM
is this a vidgame or WGN ?

not bad.

_

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.