Home
Tiger 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out some of the demo screenshots, right here.

USA Today's Game Hunters have just revealed the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 demo release date and details. Both the 360 and PS3 demo will release on March 8th. The PS3 version will support the Move, although it doesn't mention whether the new "First Person" view will be part of the demo package.

Other items of note:

Quote:
"Players can play the first five holes at TPC San Antonio Oaks Course -- a new addition to the game -- in a "Road to the Masters" mode. By completing those holes, players can bypass the EA Sports Amateur Tour in the retail version of the game and go straight to the Nationwide Tour. Players who share the demo get additional experience points, too."

More Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 demo information can be found at the official blog.

Quote:
"Take the journey to golf’s annual springtime tradition at Augusta National Golf Club in the upcoming demo of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, starting March 8 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Feel the pressure of closing in on becoming a Masters champion and wearing the Green Jacket for the first time as you approach the tee box on the course’s famous closing hole during the final round of the tournament. In the “Play Now” setting, gamers will live that **** moment and have their first opportunity to play Augusta National’s par-4 18th.

See the distinct Masters experience and hear the all-familiar voice of long-time Masters announcer Jim Nantz throughout the demo. Nantz sets the stage as Tiger Woods charges up the leaderboard in chase of his fifth Green Jacket. Take control of Tiger Woods on the final hole and attempt to be crowned Masters champion, while the all-new commentary team of Nantz, and the always entertaining David Feherty, call the action.

In “Road to the Masters” mode, play holes 1-5 at TPC San Antonio Oaks Course - an all-new course to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise. In addition, once you complete the five holes gamers will be granted the ability in the full retail version* to bypass the EA SPORTS Amateur Tour and proceed straight to the Nationwide Tour in your career.

The PlayStation 3 version of the demo will support the PlayStation Move controller to fully replicate an authentic golf swing. Looking for an even more immersive golf interaction? The demo can also be played in True View mode – a first person vantage point. Additional information about the Masters Tournament, the all-new career mode, Caddie/Course Mastery, new golfers and courses, and a host of other new features are detailed in the demo. Share the demo with friends to earn additional XP.

The Masters editionwill go on sale in North America on March 29 and worldwide on April 1, available on the Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles, with support of the PlayStation Move controller. 16 beautiful championship courses are featured on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game while the Wii edition will include 24 courses. The Masters and five additional courses will also be included in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 Collector’s Edition, developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3 system. In addition, over 20 golfers are available to choose from, including Bubba Watson (2011 Farmers Insurance Open champion), Zach Johnson (2007 Masters champion) and Rickie Fowler (2010 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year)."

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The MastersReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sroz39 @ 02/22/11 02:07 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks they would have been better served having you play Amen Corner in the demo instead of this. I imagine Augusta would have none of that though.

# 2 callmetaternuts @ 02/22/11 02:24 PM
If you play demo and complete first 5 holes, do you have to skip Am Tour?

# 3 OnlookerDelay @ 02/22/11 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I bet you'll have the option to skip it, for those who want to play through it in spite of having earned the skip privilege in the demo.

# 4 seriousluboy83 @ 02/22/11 05:01 PM
can't wait!!!-bart scott voice

# 5 OnlookerDelay @ 02/22/11 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I went back and watched the video again... Mike clearly says that you'll earn the chance to go straight to the Amateur Tour by completing the 5 hole challenge in the demo. What you're bypassing is the 9 hole, EA Tiburon Classic, if that's the case.

# 6 jestep123 @ 02/22/11 06:22 PM
This one is on preorder with MLB 11. Of all the great games this month, those aret he two I chose. I think I made the two best selections...of course.

One question, if The Masters is in does that mean the US Open and Ryder Cup are out?

# 7 OnlookerDelay @ 02/22/11 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep123
One question, if The Masters is in does that mean the US Open and Ryder Cup are out?
The President's Cup is in this game instead of the Ryder Cup.

# 8 jestep123 @ 02/22/11 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
The President's Cup is in this game instead of the Ryder Cup.

Sorry, I love Golf video games but I dont follow it that much and I am disabled so I cant play it. What is the President's Cup?

# 9 OnlookerDelay @ 02/22/11 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep123
Sorry, I love Golf video games but I dont follow it that much and I am disabled so I cant play it. What is the President's Cup?
It's team format competition that's very much like the Ryder Cup. I think it will fill the void that was left by the Ryder Cup, IOW.

# 10 DivotMaker @ 02/23/11 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks they would have been better served having you play Amen Corner in the demo instead of this. I imagine Augusta would have none of that though.
Augusta National has bee very involved in the development of this game, so I think your last comment is a stretch at best....

# 11 sroz39 @ 02/24/11 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Augusta National has bee very involved in the development of this game, so I think your last comment is a stretch at best....
And I was simply hypothesizing, based on not-so-distant history, that Augusta wouldn't want to "cheapen" the inclusion of their course by including only a PART of it in a demo. Kind of an all-or-nothing deal. It wasn't that long ago that we only saw 3 hours of TV coverage of The Masters per round. You see as much of Augusta as they want you to see. For me to suggest this might extend to a demo of a video game is hardly a stretch at all.

If the option WAS available to EA to use Augusta, then its piss-poor decision-making on their part not to include Augusta as the course to play in the demo.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

# 12 K_GUN @ 02/24/11 10:37 PM
does anybody have a complete course listing..inc DLC?

# 13 cdawg44 @ 03/01/11 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
does anybody have a complete course listing..inc DLC?
EA confirms there will 16 Championship courses on the disc plus DLC.
[edit] Verified courses as of 02/16/11

* United States Augusta National Golf Club
* Scotland St Andrews
* United States Atlanta Athletic Club
* United States Pebble Beach
* United States TPC San Antonio
* Australia Royal Melbourne Golf Club
* United States TPC Sawgrass
* Scotland Turnberry - DLC
* United States East Lake Golf Club
* United States Liberty National
* United States TPC Scottsdale
* United States Greenbrier
* United States Whistling Straits
* Wales Celtic Manor
* United States Bethpage - DLC
That is 13 on the disc so far with 2 downloadable courses. I know for my PS3 reserve at Gamestop I got Turnberry and for XBOX 360 they are getting Bethpage Black.

Also I had a couple of questions. If you paid to download courses for Tiger Woods 11, will those courses be able to be used in Tiger Woods 12? Also I wonder if anyone knows if Congressional will be in the game since the game has the USGA and Us open licenses still.

# 14 DivotMaker @ 03/01/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Also I had a couple of questions. If you paid to download courses for Tiger Woods 11, will those courses be able to be used in Tiger Woods 12? Also I wonder if anyone knows if Congressional will be in the game since the game has the USGA and Us open licenses still.
No to question #1 AFAIK.

No word on Congressional yet....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.