Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Amazon is at it again, leaking out the first info on http://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Football-...=operasport-20.

Quote:
"NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship."

Hat tip to Pastapadre.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 khaliib @ 03/02/11 02:45 AM
Whatever happened to the "All New" Teambuilder feature?

That inclusion sanked faster than the Titanic!!!

# 62 FedExPope @ 03/02/11 04:53 AM
Probably been said once or twice but here's my thoughts:

After playing NBA 2K11, I don't think there's anything that EA can do, at least not in their '12 games, that can match it. That said, doesn't mean it can't be a good game in its own right. Maybe even a great game. As for the description, it seems like you could take it one or two ways: they're going to put more work into the RtG mode, or whatever they will decide to call it, or that they're simply going to make it more authentic. They can take cues from two basketball games: NBA 2K11's announcer booth work, and NCAA Basketball 10's full CBS/ESPN integration. Seeing as EA sports made the latter, I'd say that SEC games played in the day time could be given full CBS presentation without any copyright problems. As for the announcer booth work, part of the problem is they can't talk about individual players realistically, something NBA 2K11 makes good use of. They can make general statements ('this freshman QB for the Gators is hoping to make an immediate impact on the field' when you see the highly rated Freshman QB on the Gators) and they can't talk about the past (i.e. Garret Gilbert of UT and John Brantley of UF's massive struggles in 2010.) What would be nice would be if we could get at least the head coaches, complete with their real life w/l record. Because it really bothers me to read, "Congratulations on being named head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions!" and my career record being 0-0. It really does. Plus, they could then talk about the coaches in the game, which would help the fact they can't talk about players very specifically.

But when it comes down to what I REALLY want, I want this: good AI, and realistic animations. And the three different QB accuracy ratings

# 63 Scrapps @ 03/02/11 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_JP_VHS_xX
Hopefully the new in-game presentation includes scores from other games that are going on across the country during your game! They had this on like '02 and '03 i think so i really dont know how its possible to not be able to include this feature on much more powerful engines or whatever.
Agreed. That would be very cool.

# 64 Patpoose123 @ 03/02/11 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan3
Ok Smart guy. Get your expectations high for this game and then when it comes out, i bet you will be one of the cry babies complaining about this and that. Because you expected the game to be just soooo awesome. And if you lowered your expectations, then you will probably be somewhat satisfied with the game.
I haven't cried once about this game. It has its gaping flaws but I still play this game and I have fun doing it. Your logic is completely flawed. Keep having low expectations in life and see how far it gets you.

# 65 The Gunslinger @ 03/02/11 10:50 AM
Since EA already has the license agreements with ESPN and (I still assume) CBS, then why not utilize them to their full extent? For example, categorize games as being played on either ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPN on ABC, SEC on ESPN, Big East Network, College Gameday game of the week, CBS, CBS College Sports Network, etc. Go all out. If they already have the licenses, then added costs shouldn't be a problem.

# 66 SemperVictoria @ 03/02/11 11:15 AM
Not to know what has been transacted in former times is to be always a child. -- Cicero

I ceased being a child long ago with EA.

# 67 huntt26 @ 03/02/11 11:21 AM
I'd say it's a given that there will be new commentary this year. I don't think there will be anything like multiple broadcast crews though. Just a new crew on ESPN.

# 68 davel @ 03/02/11 11:23 AM
hopefully they have broadcast cam in this year

# 69 SageInfinite @ 03/02/11 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
CHURCH.

Presentation is more than just overlays (although they still struggle with these in Madden 11) and ESPN wipes. It's commentary, camera angles, and a host of other aspects that complete the package. We'll see.
Exactly. I hope Tiburon/EA gets it this year, but I doubt it. We need replay analysis with proper angles and timing. Pre and post play also needs alot of work. EA hasn't got the angles close to right since last gen.

# 70 TrojanMan3 @ 03/02/11 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patpoose123
I haven't cried once about this game. It has its gaping flaws but I still play this game and I have fun doing it. Your logic is completely flawed. Keep having low expectations in life and see how far it gets you.
I dont have low expectations for this game. I enjoy NCAA Football. Im telling others to quit having high expectations because everyone always winds up complaining. And dont try to tell me about expectations in life homie. Im in college now doing big things so watch what you say about someones personal life

# 71 Hova57 @ 03/02/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
OS is about to make so many assumptions on so little information.
9 pages later

# 72 TracerBullet @ 03/02/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Whatever happened to the "All New" Teambuilder feature?

That inclusion sanked faster than the Titanic!!!
??? What are you talking about?

# 73 AndrewGW88 @ 03/02/11 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
9 pages later
10 pages later....

# 74 khaliib @ 03/02/11 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
??? What are you talking about?
I'm talking about how things are thrown in then they fall by the wayside.

This was an '09 feature that had no effort put into it for '10. That's the history with EA's New features.

Nothing was done to improve/expand it's inclusion in the game.

Just like the "All New" Tuner Splash, they promoted it, they implemented it poorly, it didn't improve the game as thought, then they left the community High-N-Dry.

That's what I meant.

# 75 NDAlum @ 03/02/11 06:54 PM
Well for ND this will be cool...the celebration part

Can we please get some better touchdown animations!?!?!?! I hope that was included

# 76 Patpoose123 @ 03/03/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan3
I dont have low expectations for this game. I enjoy NCAA Football. Im telling others to quit having high expectations because everyone always winds up complaining. And dont try to tell me about expectations in life homie. Im in college now doing big things so watch what you say about someones personal life
College? NOW WAY BRO?!?!!? I am in college as well. Just stop talking, you are making yourself look like an idiot. Who cares if everyone complains? You realize those complaints are what shapes next years game and the years after that? Yeah, it gets old but it keeps the developers from just re skinning it and telling us its a new game (not like that haven't done that before). Just because you are sick of people complaining is a horrible excuse to tell people to have lower expectations.

# 77 cOWASs68 @ 03/03/11 01:48 AM
Can I get 11...??? 11???!

# 78 prowler @ 03/03/11 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I'm talking about how things are thrown in then they fall by the wayside.

This was an '09 feature that had no effort put into it for '10. That's the history with EA's New features.

Nothing was done to improve/expand it's inclusion in the game.

Just like the "All New" Tuner Splash, they promoted it, they implemented it poorly, it didn't improve the game as thought, then they left the community High-N-Dry.

That's what I meant.
Teambuilder was implemented in NCAA10 but your point still stands, it was virtually untouched in '11. Online Dynasty was the big feature in 09 that saw no real upgrades in '10 (or 11 unless you count storybuilder).

# 79 d11king @ 03/03/11 04:46 AM
I returned my NCAA the day after it came out, (it seemed like the same exact game as 2010) so I'm definitely no expert, but for EA to say theyre having major improvements on presentation, is not really luring me back into the game as I was hoping the first thing they'd fix is the gameplay.

EA needs to give it a rest. Let 2K do basketball and football. And EA can do hockey and baseball. Fair enough

# 80 jeremym480 @ 03/03/11 05:25 PM
The entertainment value of some of the post in this thread is top notch. Well done

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.