Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Entiae @ 03/05/11 11:36 AM
It's a beautiful game.
I remember the wall being blue at Citi Field a few years ago. It looks so much better now.

# 2 Cane_Mutiny @ 03/05/11 12:37 PM
It's unbelievable that they still can't get the crowd right at Sun Life Stadium...

# 3 ScubaXsniper @ 03/05/11 01:18 PM
@Cane_Mutiny - I was thinking the same thing. The lower decks have the same amount of people as the upper decks. Usually it's 3/4 full lower deck, and maybe like 20 people sitting up top. Haha.

# 4 wrigleyville33 @ 03/05/11 01:19 PM
they can't because the MLB won't allow a negative representation of the Marlins.

# 5 ScubaXsniper @ 03/05/11 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
they can't because the MLB won't allow a negative representation of the Marlins.
I suppose that would make sense.

# 6 Jgainsey @ 03/05/11 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
I guess that kind of makes sense...

I dunno, it's not like they have to make the attendance as bad as it is in real life. I think a good compromise would be to have zero fans in the upper ring, while having the lower levels mostly full. The only time the upper level should have fans is when the Marlins make the playoffs.

It's a pretty minor problem at the most, but it's definitely the type of thing that reminds you you're playing a video game, so to speak.

# 7 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/05/11 04:53 PM
The removal of fans in the closed upper deck section is a large undertaking with programming I was told. So maybe next year.

# 8 JayD @ 03/05/11 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The removal of fans in the closed upper deck section is a large undertaking with programming I was told. So maybe next year.
I believe the Marlins are moving into their new stadium next year so no problem for 12. I think the best feature of the new stadium is there will be around 37,000 capacity and yet it will still probably be empty, lol.

# 9 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/05/11 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I believe the Marlins are moving into their new stadium next year so no problem for next year.

True with that as well.

# 10 JayD @ 03/05/11 05:04 PM
Oh and thats a pretty damn good rendering for SCEA to use for the stadium.

# 11 Cane_Mutiny @ 03/06/11 08:18 PM
The problem is that the Marlins don't generally sell tickets in most of the upper deck sections - the official capacity is like 37,000. But in the game, when the attendance is 37,000, the whole stadium is packed (which would actually be like 70,000+). It's just annoying to see the outfield upper deck seats full when those seats have never been sold for baseball outside of the playoffs (the sight lines are horrendous from up there, that's where I sat during the '03 playoffs).

It's not like the game "protects" the Marlins anyway - the announced attendance in-game is never very high besides on opening week or if they're playing very well. It just renders where the people would be sitting incorrectly.

# 12 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/06/11 08:49 PM
It is a coding and programming issue on how people are applied in the stadiums. Thus they could not fix it in time.

Their new ballpark is next year. So they need not worry about the football capacity anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.