Home
Madden 12 News Post

Phil Frazier, Executive Producer for Madden NFL 12, has just announced that a teaser video will be released early next week with several new features to be shown.

What features are you hoping to see?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ch46647 @ 03/16/11 07:49 AM
Most of my wishes are gameplay related:

1. New physics engine (Or atleast have a TON more animations and make weight a factor)

2. Consecutive hit tackling

3. Complete re-vamp on defense (DL interactions, DE's running a true arc, DB/WR interactions, removal of suction blocking, much better AI in pass coverage including the flats)

4. Better running animations

5. Route based passing and better passing in general (trajectory, ball speed, ability to put touch on the pass, etc..)

6. Hundred of new animations that touch every part of the game (Running, tackling, blocking, hitstick, catching, DL animations, physical DB animations, physical WR animations, LB shed block animations, ball carrier moves, post whistle animations, pre-snap animations) NEW ANIMATIONS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED IN THIS GAME

These are just a few of the things I would like to see in the gameplay department.

# 22 djordan @ 03/16/11 09:51 AM
I hope we have true gang tackling, better overall animations that are smooth, and PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD AUDIBLE SYSTEM. In 2 player games there is no need to audible since your opponent will see what play you are changing too.

# 23 moose616 @ 03/16/11 12:26 PM
Lockout mode! Haha

# 24 darknmild @ 03/16/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Er... wasn't that basically exactly what was said about Madden 11? "Oh, no we can't do all the changes to franchise mode we would like to make this year, but wait for next year!"
yep exactly so i think franchise will be a great mode this year... if they stay true to their word

# 25 SageInfinite @ 03/16/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

1. New physics engine (Or atleast have a TON more animations and make weight a factor)

3. Complete re-vamp on defense (DL interactions, DE's running a true arc, DB/WR interactions, removal of suction blocking, much better AI in pass coverage including the flats)

5. Route based passing and better passing in general (trajectory, ball speed, ability to put touch on the pass, etc..)

6. Hundred of new animations that touch every part of the game (Running, tackling, blocking, hitstick, catching, DL animations, physical DB animations, physical WR animations, LB shed block animations, ball carrier moves, post whistle animations, pre-snap animations) NEW ANIMATIONS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED IN THIS GAME

These are just a few of the things I would like to see in the gameplay department.
Good list

# 26 bigsmallwood @ 03/16/11 01:33 PM
Not excited by anything until I see a HUGE change in gameplay/animations, and real features, not made up ones. I think that at this point I am not looking to hear what is not possible in a one-three year dev cycle (see the difference between NBA 2K11 and NBA 2K10) This is Maddens year to put to rest several negative connotations about their developers and the game itself.

# 27 RGiles36 @ 03/16/11 02:13 PM
People have lofty expectations for a teaser video...

I imagine it'll be some gameplay footage if it's like the teaser vids of years past. In the midst of the vid, I think we'll see a few equipment additions, some new animations, the new NCAA lighting, and perhaps an enhancement to Gameflow.

# 28 dannyisastud @ 03/16/11 02:40 PM
New franchise or no buy

# 29 realone504 @ 03/16/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Not excited by anything until I see a HUGE change in gameplay/animations, and real features, not made up ones. I think that at this point I am not looking to hear what is not possible in a one-three year dev cycle (see the difference between NBA 2K11 and NBA 2K10) This is Maddens year to put to rest several negative connotations about their developers and the game itself.
all they have to do is put madden 03-05 togeather give it more real features an u have almost a perfact game
remember "a football video game will never be perfact , bcuz the nfl is constantly changing" - John Madden or somethin like dat

# 30 coogrfan @ 03/16/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realone504
all they have to do is put madden 03-05 togeather give it more real features an u have almost a perfact game
remember "a football video game will never be perfact , bcuz the nfl is constantly changing" - John Madden or somethin like dat
I weep for the future.

# 31 TDKing @ 03/16/11 05:25 PM
I don't care about anything they have to say till they announce that Online Franchise is truly a Total Franchise mode!! They need to fix the lie of 2 years ago FIRST... imo. server side patches... i won't forget. ... If the word lie offends some of the thin skinned folks than sub in the word "misled".

# 32 TDKing @ 03/16/11 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
People have lofty expectations for a teaser video...

I imagine it'll be some gameplay footage if it's like the teaser vids of years past. In the midst of the vid, I think we'll see a few equipment additions, some new animations, the new NCAA lighting, and perhaps an enhancement to Gameflow.
Lighting don't they upgrade this every year ? One year the game is dark the next year its brighter then dark the bright the next.

# 33 Tsuki @ 03/16/11 06:08 PM
Real-Time Physics

nuff said....

# 34 BlackJack_Williams @ 03/16/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

I like it. I was just going to say new physics engine but you went above and beyond.

# 35 ipman @ 03/16/11 07:34 PM
Complete re-vamp on defense (DL interactions, DE's running a true arc, DB/WR interactions, removal of suction blocking, much better AI in pass coverage including the flats)

most important

# 36 KingDeDeDe @ 03/16/11 07:39 PM
The outlandish expectations in this topic are mindboggling and explain a lot about why people are always disappointed. Let's be realistic here, if anything phenomenal was coming out this week then there'd be a lot more hype than a lone Twitter update. Expect a few modest but somewhat appealing additions.

# 37 Dashdagreat @ 03/16/11 07:55 PM
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements, but every time EA comes out, they discuss features and visual enhancements? The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing. We have come to expect so much, that we know the visuals will be good and when they release "features" its just like icing on the cake. EA give us a bowl a icing with a little debbie cupcake and everybody get excited. Dont show me no features, show me some ON THE FIELD GAMEPLAY!!!!

# 38 mestevo @ 03/16/11 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Maybe they will add a lock out feature. Just kidding. I hope to hear some information about franchise
While we'll never see this mode, I'd love to one day see multiple options for owners to act as the competition committee among other things. Be able to make changes to (vote on, as team owners in an online franchise) the game's format like the position of kickoffs, playoff seeding, number of playoff teams and playoff format changes, and be able to consider league expansion or adjustments to the season's length.

Take it a step further and maintain relationships with coaches and other team owners in offline franchise... that OC you fired 2 seasons ago may not be so willing to come back as your head coach... and Scott Pioli may put a little extra into trading up to just above your pick to draft a need both your teams want after outbidding them on a key free agent or two.

All NFL Head Coach kind of stuff, but would be fun (to me) to see it included one day, ether as it's own product or included as an option in a future version of Madden.

# 39 roadman @ 03/16/11 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements, but every time EA comes out, they discuss features and visual enhancements? The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing. We have come to expect so much, that we know the visuals will be good and when they release "features" its just like icing on the cake. EA give us a bowl a icing with a little debbie cupcake and everybody get excited. Dont show me no features, show me some ON THE FIELD GAMEPLAY!!!!
This is the way it's been for the last three years. EA shows you small stuff from Feb-draft day. The big stuff comes out from Draft day - late July.

I don't see that changing.

# 40 SmashMan @ 03/16/11 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements,
Quote:
The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing.
The Show's big push this year was analog controls, which is a gameplay addition, yes. NBA2K's marketing focus this year was Michael Jordan, which isn't a gameplay enhancement. MLB2K's big push is (again) the Perfect Game contest, which is also not a gameplay element.

It's fair to point out that Madden markets features more than enhancements to gameplay; but to vilify them (and only them) for it isn't fair.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.