Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video click here.

Machinima interviews NCAA Football 12 Producer Ben Haumiller and Art Director Jean Adams about all the improvements that have been made to the presentation. They cover the visuals and all new pylon physics.

Thanks The Gaming Tailgate!

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RynoAid @ 03/24/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game.
again, IT'S MARCH... when has EA ever led off their NCAA news with their biggest feature or enhancement?... WHEN???.. yet your acting like the new lighting and pylon is what they are banking their whole marketing strategy on.

Make sure your still around in May and June...

# 42 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/24/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
again, IT'S MARCH... when has EA ever led off their NCAA news with their biggest feature or enhancement?... WHEN???.. yet your acting like the new lighting and pylon is what they are banking their whole marketing strategy on.

Make sure your still around in May and June...
I'm making a generalized opinion based on previous products and how they were marketed. EA always releases this type of info and rarely if ever releases actual gameplay footage. Instead they release a trailer with edited shots and camera angles that are entertaining but show off very little of the game.

Also this information is very very very unimportant to me. I thought the game looked fine last year, and the year before that. What I thought lacked was several elements in the gameplay and the lack of depth and longevity of Dynasty mode. Sure enough those problems have not been addressed and resurface every year.

Like I have said before, with the lack of progress this game has made, it should have failed. What has kept it alive is the license.

# 43 RynoAid @ 03/24/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
the lack of depth and longevity of Dynasty mode. Sure enough those problems have not been addressed and resurface every year..
what do you call online dynasty? i call that addressing the longevity and replay-ability of the game. And just because graphics aren't important to you, doesn't mean EA shouldn't show off some pretty impressive enhancements on the visual front.

I've seen you posting, you think it's going to be '11 1/2... I get it. Let's just wait and see what they have released by the end of E3... then revisit.

# 44 Dr Death @ 03/24/11 07:44 PM
Quote:
yet your acting like the new lighting and pylon is what they are banking their whole marketing strategy on.
Well, can you blame him after the grand announcement that was Season Showdown??? I won't get into specifics here, but that one really stunned... {read: IN A BAD WAY} the entire community... and, if I may say so... continues to do so to this day.

I would be so pleased if they announced they were eliminating that annoying feature where you get warned for throwing on 3rd and 26 when you're up 24-3 early in the 3rd period.

Do away w/ SS and EA will make the entire football playing community a much happier group!

# 45 illwill10 @ 03/24/11 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well, can you blame him after the grand announcement that was Season Showdown??? I won't get into specifics here, but that one really stunned... {read: IN A BAD WAY} the entire community... and, if I may say so... continues to do so to this day.

I would be so pleased if they announced they were eliminating that annoying feature where you get warned for throwing on 3rd and 26 when you're up 24-3 early in the 3rd period.

Do away w/ SS and EA will make the entire football playing community a much happier group!
1000000000000000% agree
I never liked from the first time they announced it. It was suppose to be some type of new innovative feature. It is annoying. For Online, just fix Online Dynasty

# 46 Dr Death @ 03/24/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
i know this is a stupid question but what is windsocks physics??????
They are referring to the things on the goal posts that blow in the wind... so a kicker can see if he needs to make any adjustments before kicking the ball for a FG. IRL they are at the top of the goal post and the wind, in some stadiums, will actually blow differently down on the field... it's just the way the stadium{s} is/are constructed and how wind tunnels are and such...

# 47 Solidice @ 03/24/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
i know this is a stupid question but what is windsocks physics??????
the greatest thing to hit sports games ever.

Spoiler

# 48 green94 @ 03/24/11 08:08 PM
Wow finally! I have been begging for this since we had it on PS2.. dynamic pylons!!

Now if they finally fix the sidelines i would be a happy camper.

# 49 bruinkid626 @ 03/24/11 08:39 PM
Eh quit bagging on them. In a month or two you guy will be praising EA for the additions they made to this game

# 50 da ThRONe @ 03/24/11 08:54 PM
I can't blame anybody for being skeptic about this dev. team ability to deliver to us what hardcore fans want. It's clear as day that they are more concerned with bring in buyers than keeping buyers it's a business. 11 was good,but one good game doesn't make up for the **** fail NCAA has been this gen.

With that said there's a new guy running the show(surprise more people aren't talking about it) and right now the elusive "ROY" is 1 for 1. So until he gives me a reason to I'll cut this team a little slack.

# 51 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/24/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
what do you call online dynasty? i call that addressing the longevity and replay-ability of the game. And just because graphics aren't important to you, doesn't mean EA shouldn't show off some pretty impressive enhancements on the visual front.

I've seen you posting, you think it's going to be '11 1/2... I get it. Let's just wait and see what they have released by the end of E3... then revisit.
Online dynasty doesn't add longevity to the game. It was just another feature, that paralleled dynasty. What I meant by improving longevity was actually making the mode work properly and allow for plausible results(for the AI) for all 60 years. I understand human imput messes stuff up, but even in hands off games, after 10 years the game is complete fantasy, and no, longer withing the realm of plausibility.

The only real new feature dynasty recieved was the new recruiting feature. I refuse to acknowledge boosters as a feature because they were free on the PS2.

And again I criticize their marketing because they don't even tell us what they plan on addressing. They give us no info as to the direction of the game. But hey if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sadly this game is broken (while not entirely, many of the games flaws make it difficult to enjoy...i.e. total lack of defense).

# 52 Jessep07 @ 03/24/11 09:42 PM
so...can we put on different individual cleats? The player for UGA is sporting two different cleats...

# 53 khaliib @ 03/24/11 09:46 PM
Quote:
I honestly would disagree with the bold part of your post. This game is 3 months and change away from release. (basing off last years release of mid-July.)

Right now I would say they are at the later stages of development. If you see those graphics, those are not alpha or even beta stage graphics. Not to mention that what they are planning to do as far as design is set in stone and could be released anytime they choose.

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game. I understand the art team and AI programmers are seperate but I would assume they syncronize a bit.

In my personal opinion, I would be relativly surprised if the game saw any of the major overhauls it needs to better represent the game of college football, as well as create an immersive, deep and fun dynasty mode.

Simple = Boring. (Simple as in plain or lacking depth, not as in lacking complication.)
Unfortunately, some folks don't want to accept this truth.

And if you say anything about Gameplay, they come at you like you don't know what your talking about and always look to try and make themselves seem "Smarty" in their replies.

With all the Hush-Hush, I always had this weird feeling that there was going to be a really heavy push with the Visuals.

This means there is something under-the-hood that they don't want people to know about.

But it's too early, eventhough what's in the game has already been finalized.

Get ready folks!

There's going to be some serious complaining come August.

# 54 blkrptnt819 @ 03/24/11 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
Hopefully they upgraded the windsock physics as well. That is a gamebreaker for me. Also they need to fix goalpost physics as well. When a football hits the goalpost there should be a slight vibration throughout the post, but of course EA refuses to acknowledge this. If they expect to sell any games this year then these are the issues they need to address.
Ur joking right?

# 55 blkrptnt819 @ 03/24/11 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

I absolutely agree!!! I hear ppl wlling to sacrifice RTG but no one brings up season showdown. I don't get it. That stuff is terrible.

# 56 RynoAid @ 03/24/11 10:39 PM
man o man, June/July can't get here quick enough....

# 57 wims23 @ 03/24/11 10:45 PM
To me, EA had a lot of momentum going into this week. But this video interview was just plain garbage.

I'll know if this game is a waste of money if "Pylon physics" is on the box art. Waste of time and money by EA.

# 58 predator828 @ 03/24/11 11:05 PM
If there is one mention of "pylon physics" on the New features section of the back of the box, i am going to burn this mother down.

# 59 illwill10 @ 03/24/11 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I absolutely agree!!! I hear ppl wlling to sacrifice RTG but no one brings up season showdown. I don't get it. That stuff is terrible.
I will defend RTG all the time. But I will never defend Season Showdown. I dont think I saw someone defend SS. I havent even saw it on the wishlist forum.
Alot of people defend RTG because almost every sports game has a "Be a Pro/Career" mode. Besides Madden "Be a Pro" which is horrible, Every one of them are playable and a good compliment.

# 60 poopoop @ 03/25/11 12:36 AM
Any word on whether or not the pylons can be knocked over by dreadlocks?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.