Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #17 features the Spinner Buck Dog 1.

Quote:
"Dime 3-2-6 Spinner Buck Dog 1 – An aggressive blitz pressure scheme that’s used by teams such as LSU and Nebraska, Dime 3-2-6 Spinner Buck Dog 1 is a good play to use in passing situations. The play uses a six man pass rush which includes the right cornerback."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeremym480 @ 04/05/11 09:56 AM
Does the red mean that they shift over pre-play? If so, that's pretty awesome.

# 2 Hova57 @ 04/05/11 09:58 AM
yea i wonder the same thing. that will be cool if there are pre play shifts for defense

# 3 frankrizzo380 @ 04/05/11 10:10 AM
Oh my, thats nasty, and im positive that is not a pre plsy shift for the red assignment, more of a rolling coverage to fill the vacant assignment after the snap, a presnap shift would give it away and it would get eaten alive lol
w

# 4 Palo20 @ 04/05/11 10:39 AM
So it looks like 4 of the eligible receivers will be covered, leaving one uncovered. That's usually a good strategy in real life because most RBs usually have a check release read, so if the D brings 6, the RB will be forced to block leaving 4 on 4 in the secondary with a Safety deep.

Now in NCAA and Madden, if the play call is for all 5 eligible receivers to go out in to a pattern, I could see this play getting killed by a quick pass to whichever receiver is left uncovered.

# 5 illwill10 @ 04/05/11 10:45 AM
If there is Custom Playbooks, I will def put this play in.
Hopefully OLine/Dline Interaction is fixed.

# 6 Seanzie @ 04/05/11 10:45 AM
I really, really like this play.

# 7 SeaOfRed75 @ 04/05/11 11:25 AM
LSU and my Blackshirts huh? Wonder what they have in common?

# 8 BROman @ 04/05/11 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
So it looks like 4 of the eligible receivers will be covered, leaving one uncovered. That's usually a good strategy in real life because most RBs usually have a check release read, so if the D brings 6, the RB will be forced to block leaving 4 on 4 in the secondary with a Safety deep.

Now in NCAA and Madden, if the play call is for all 5 eligible receivers to go out in to a pattern, I could see this play getting killed by a quick pass to whichever receiver is left uncovered.
if the rolling safety manned up on the outside or squatted? at least one reciever will be open on this play, maybe two, on the game. like you said, it all works in real life b/c the running backs will have a check read, and the blitzing backers will peel off & man up if the backs don't stay in. but that is too much high level thinking for ea's engine, so what we'll get is an exploitable play, especially if the safety rolling over is squatted.

# 9 Knight9299 @ 04/05/11 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
Oh my, thats nasty, and im positive that is not a pre plsy shift for the red assignment, more of a rolling coverage to fill the vacant assignment after the snap, a presnap shift would give it away and it would get eaten alive lol
w
That 245 Nickel play had people moving pre-snap without the red path. So I can only hope defensive backfield play has been addressed.

# 10 the_EDJ @ 04/05/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
LSU and my Blackshirts huh? Wonder what they have in common?
Bo Big Red!

# 11 mikehud @ 04/05/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20

that's a good point. wonder if they changed some of the read/release routes for the backs then.

# 12 the veteran @ 04/05/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Will Blitzes work?
Blitzes work now...

# 13 Blackout863 @ 04/05/11 02:24 PM
the red is that free safety, taking over the responsibility of the blitzing corner. its just man coverage

# 14 the_EDJ @ 04/05/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
...putting some hope in there that defense has been improved on and that now teams dont all feel the same defensively...
I've got a slight glimmer of hope that they tweak the specific Defensive playbooks to each team instead of base defense. Especially with the Nebraska/LSU reference for this type of blitz.

Nebraska rarely blitzed, but when they did it was creative. A team like Iowa almost refuses to play Nickel/Dime coverage, NEVER blitz, and just drop back into a Cover 2 or Cover 3 Zone in passing situations.

I really hope the game starts to reflect these tendencies both in playbooks and CPU playcall style.

# 15 TDenverFan @ 04/05/11 05:12 PM
Ehh... I feel like there are some plays in NCAA 11 very similar to this one. Still, I know I'll use it, seeing as this is the type of D I use.

# 16 reyes the roof @ 04/05/11 10:37 PM
It seems like a lot of the exotic blitzes they are showing are out of the nickle and dime sets, hopefully some of those blitz concepts are available in the base 4-3 and 3-4 formations as well

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.