To view a larger picture, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RedZoneD25 @ 04/14/11 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Franchise Mode... The Draft. Scouting. Player Morale. Trade Logic. Working Salary Management.... The list of fragment sentences could go on and on. Bottom line is that last year it was a guy getting off the bus before the game (which we all skip) and now it is an intro to halftime with cheerleaders that we will all skip after seeing it twice.

Unless of course you prefer digital women over the real thing.
Digital women never ask me to take out the garbage or do dishes.

# 22 GGEden @ 04/14/11 07:56 AM
You've never owned digital garbage and digital dishes.

# 23 RedZoneD25 @ 04/14/11 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
You've never owned digital garbage and digital dishes.
I owned a Virtual Boy.

# 24 GGEden @ 04/14/11 08:03 AM
haha, gotta pay that.
can sound a bit creepy too lol.

# 25 RedZoneD25 @ 04/14/11 08:12 AM
Quote:
haha, gotta pay that.
can sound a bit creepy too lol.
lol, I realized that after. Just for clarification, I mean this amazing piece of technology:

Anyways, back on topic, I'm very happy with the score bug and the home team being on the bottom. The cheerleaders don't really matter to me either way, but I'm happy for those who wanted them.

# 26 GGEden @ 04/14/11 08:21 AM
Yep, I knew what you meant. Just lol there being an innuendo that kinda matched the previous comment.

On topic....cheerleaders as a cut-scene is fine. Even on the sideline, focused here and there, all fine....if the core gameplay is all solid. One tends to build a house from the foundation up. You don't build a penthouse suite on the top floor before building a ground floor with all working electrics and plumbing.

EA's problem is that they're insistent on their engine and pro-tak type ideas as a foundation, and a stable working foundation, when it's not at all. Why they spend so much time on cosmetics as a way to give fans an 'authentic' NFL look.

# 27 RedZoneD25 @ 04/14/11 08:32 AM
Quote:
You were the one that bought that?...

The only one... lol
I was 5, how was I supposed to know it'd be globally despised? :-P

Quote:
Yep, I knew what you meant. Just lol there being an innuendo that kinda matched the previous comment.

On topic....cheerleaders as a cut-scene is fine. Even on the sideline, focused here and there, all fine....if the core gameplay is all solid. One tends to build a house from the foundation up. You don't build a penthouse suite on the top floor before building a ground floor with all working electrics and plumbing.

EA's problem is that they're insistent on their engine and pro-tak type ideas as a foundation, and a stable working foundation, when it's not at all. Why they spend so much time on cosmetics as a way to give fans an 'authentic' NFL look.

You do realize there is more than one person on the dev team right?

# 28 RGiles36 @ 04/14/11 08:48 AM
Quote:
To be on topic, I would prefer to see players on the sidelines than cheerleaders. Maybe coaches yelling or talking... Or Tom Brady acting like he is roided up screaming at people on the bench.

Cheerleaders are okay I suppose... but focus on FOOTBALL would be nice.
C'mon guy...this is already in the game. What's the addition of cheerleaders going to hurt? We already know when to expect talk about gameplay (4/28), so why not enjoy this for what it is: an addition to the NFL atmosphere.

# 29 GGEden @ 04/14/11 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
You do realize there is more than one person on the dev team right?
I do, and I do understand what you're saying. Simply, I'm saying EA should be focusing more on the nuts and bolts of football. Look, I know EA's vision of "Madden" is as a pick-up and play arcade style gameplay, and polishing the presentation/cosmetics to give an 'authentic' gameday experience. But those two concepts don't mesh.

Sure, EA wants to maximize sales/profit by roping in the casual gamers too. But the real tragedy in all this, in the monopoly of the license, the lack of competition, is football itself. I want to play simulation football with next-gen graphics. All other gaming genres have seen huge technological advancements, except football. That's the biggest shame. I commend many things EA does with Madden, but mostly I commend what NM did with the Euphoria engine. Once people saw that initially, everyone knew that's what we'd been waiting for forever. Unfortunately, NM has only established a foundation. If one could have the Euphoria engine, Madden cosmetics and 2K Sports simulation aspects....that would be to die for.

To date, no company has embraced those three things. When one of them does, they'll own the market.

# 30 Vermin @ 04/14/11 09:16 AM
I can't see this as being any different than the cheerleader clips that have been in NCAA for years.

# 31 TreFacTor @ 04/14/11 10:10 AM
If you can't knock em down, it's really no big deal. I've always hated the generic player on the sidelines and the personnel behind the endzone because you simply go through them as if they weren't there so why even have em there. (aesthetics I KNOW!) Just once I'd like to see the players run into a photog or mike holder, run into players on the sideline as they try to keep you from hitting a table... little details are a step closer, but most of the new additions were in last gen games in some form or fashion. It's nice to see them return and little things matter, but can't they take it one step further on next gen?

I know I'm being unrealistic, and nit picking, I'd just rather see a full fledge halftime show instead.

# 32 AndyP @ 04/14/11 10:30 AM
Quote:
Franchise Mode... The Draft. Scouting. Player Morale. Trade Logic. Working Salary Management.... The list of fragment sentences could go on and on. Bottom line is that last year it was a guy getting off the bus before the game (which we all skip) and now it is an intro to halftime with cheerleaders that we will all skip after seeing it twice.

Unless of course you prefer digital women over the real thing.
They have their advantages My point wasn't about cheerleaders but made in reference to a comment about gameplay being the one and only important aspect of the game. As somebody who played little of M11 out of frustration, I'll be happy if cheeleaders are the icing on the proverbial cake as far as what Madden 12 has improved upon presentation wise.

# 33 Michael_Young_EA @ 04/14/11 11:38 AM
There will not be cheerleaders for teams that don't have them.

# 34 kjcheezhead @ 04/14/11 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
and this cutscene looks like an actual broadcast which fades to commercial or the studio for the halftime show by showing the cheerleaders and displaying the score.
This is what I was thinking. Looks a lot like a shot NBA2k11 uses when a quarter ends. Not the most original idea, but it works on NBA2k, should work for Madden.

# 35 statum71 @ 04/14/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
Well, a game that improves gameplay and nothing else won't hold my interest. Of course, gameplay is the most important aspect but it isn't the only aspect. If, for example, I found out further down the road that franchise mode wasn't close to what I wanted it to be then it wouldn't bother me what has been added to gameplay because those additions alone wouldn't be enough to deserve my cash. I personally don't think any conclusions at all can be drawn about Madden 12 from this image other than some kind of presentational element involving cheerleaders.
Amen to this post.......

I know the guy says he was kidding but I get so tired of seeing people posts that EA needs to only focus on gameplay.

There are so many more elements to ANY sports game. If Madden ONLY improved their gameplay they would lose this gamer whose NEVER passed on a version of Madden.

# 36 blklightning @ 04/14/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
hmm i hope thats a camera cut (NBA2k11) and not another cut scene...
me too. speaking of, think i'll play a quick game.

# 37 stykes10 @ 04/14/11 12:49 PM
I am more concerned that the Eagles are losing to the Giants at halftime.....

# 38 coogrfan @ 04/14/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This is what I was thinking. Looks a lot like a shot NBA2k11 uses when a quarter ends. Not the most original idea, but it works on NBA2k, should work for Madden.
It seems to me that the vast majority of the presentation fiends don't want "original" -- they want something that mimics what they see when watching a real game.

# 39 acreyman @ 04/14/11 01:33 PM
Well, I guess that opens up a thread for Cheerleader Uni's..........gotta make sure THOSE are accurate!

# 40 bigsmallwood @ 04/14/11 01:36 PM
I can't believe some of the posts I am reading about this screenshot! #getoveryourself

There are MANY elements to a sports game and presentation is one that Madden has lacked for years, so if this is going to be an improvement added to the game, it is a welcome addition. Of course game play is being worked on and Franchise, and the right colored towel/gloves that people complain about etc.....

Stop being so judgmental over a screenshot and wait for full info.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.