Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to some Darren Rovell sources, if the vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden NFL 12. Strong rumblings around the web say, it's a wrap.

Official word comes Wednesday.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 illwill10 @ 04/24/11 06:11 PM
I am a big Mick Vick fan, but I am glad Hillis won. I also like Hillis. I love his tough mentality and I always liked power backs instead of speed backs. I was surprised that Broncos traded him. Being the cover athlete of Madden will get the Browns and Hillis more notice.
Hopefully since he will most likely win the Cover, the power run game is improved. The animations for Power Backs arent great and isnt fun. especially with pro-tak which makes it unrealistic.
I wonder if Madden will do what NCAA is doing and have downloadable covers for other candidates I think.
"For those of you who voted for Nick Fairley, Jake Locker, and DeMarco Murray to be on the cover of NCAA Football 12, we'd like to thank you for your efforts by providing down-loadable covers of your favorite athlete. As we get closer to launch (July 12th), you'll be able to download the covers directly from the official NCAA Football 12 website!"

# 22 AgaliareptX @ 04/24/11 06:23 PM
The thing is there's more to this than just the cover art. With Brees on the cover this past year, the 'theme' of the game, as evidenced by the opening montage/highlight reel, centered around the Saints, Drew Brees and their Super Bowl win. How the heck does Madden incorporate Peyton Hillis into something like that? Most casual fans probably don't even know him.

# 23 SmashMan @ 04/24/11 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgaliareptX
The thing is there's more to this than just the cover art. With Brees on the cover this past year, the 'theme' of the game, as evidenced by the opening montage/highlight reel, centered around the Saints, Drew Brees and their Super Bowl win. How the heck does Madden incorporate Peyton Hillis into something like that? Most casual fans probably don't even know him.
So use the opportunity to highlight him? Or just go with an league-encompassing intro like games used to.

# 24 TreyIM2 @ 04/24/11 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.
I was thinking the same thing when I heard it was between those two. I wasn't actually following this non-sense but some pieces of info u just can't ignore.

Hillis would definitely be a marketing nightmare for EA IF he actually does win and EA doesn't "shift" a few numbers. Heh...

# 25 illwill10 @ 04/24/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I was thinking the same thing when I heard it was between those two. I wasn't actually following this non-sense but some pieces of info u just can't ignore.

Hillis would definitely be a marketing nightmare for EA IF he actually does win and EA doesn't "shift" a few numbers. Heh...
It will only affect sales numbers from very-casual, first time, and kids. Older(21+), hardcore, or madden fans it wont matter. To us it doesnt matter. But for a kid it might.
Honestly in my opinion, it should have been Rodgers this year then Hillis next year. Another great year and possible playoffs(doubt it with the schedule, but you never know) Hillis will be a household name.

# 26 boxboy99 @ 04/24/11 07:10 PM
At least the Madden curse can't effect the Browns since they already are cursed.

# 27 bigsmallwood @ 04/24/11 07:20 PM
EA is usually historically predictable...since Mark Ingram a RB is on the cover of the NCAA game, expect a RB on the Madden cover, hence Hillis. That's just what EA does.

# 28 illwill10 @ 04/24/11 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
EA is usually historically predictable...since Mark Ingram a RB is on the cover of the NCAA game, expect a RB on the Madden cover, hence Hillis. That's just what EA does.
hopefully playing as bruisers are more fun

# 29 RebelHog @ 04/24/11 07:37 PM
A bunch of haters in this thread.

Arkansas is proud of their boy for making this happen!

# 30 IndianBird @ 04/24/11 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
A bunch of haters in this thread.

Arkansas is proud of their boy for making this happen!
Maybe they could both lose. Vick bc he's Vick and Hillis bc he's swine.

# 31 statum71 @ 04/24/11 07:51 PM
Hillis is what John Madden himself would call "just a football player."

I hope he wins..... Madden needs something fresh. We've already had Vick on the cover.

# 32 Joborule @ 04/24/11 08:13 PM
I don't understand how Hillis would be a marketing nightmare? What is it that he can't do that Vick or Rodgers could, and how would it effect the sales of the game ultimately? Heck, even if Vick made the cover and some people didn't buy the game because he's on the cover, it shouldn't hurt EA sales really all that much. Less than 1% of the market would be that population.

# 33 bigsmallwood @ 04/24/11 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
hopefully playing as bruisers are more fun
I hope so!!!! Hasn't been in years!

# 34 Kevin26385 @ 04/24/11 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.
Really? I would much rather market Hillis than Vick. Vick is still a PR nightmare and Hillis (if he wins) earned the votes to win...EA will not have any issues marketing Hillis. Dude is a human highlight reel-Jumping over people and through them.

# 35 countryboy @ 04/24/11 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
At least the Madden curse can't effect the Browns since they already are cursed.

# 36 RebelHog @ 04/24/11 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBird
Maybe they could both lose. Vick bc he's Vick and Hillis bc he's swine.
Sucks being a nobody nothing doesn't it?

# 37 roadman @ 04/24/11 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
The reason it would bother me is it will add to the Hillis Hype Machine. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about him.
Since when? Since March Madness. Wow.

# 38 FroznYogurt @ 04/24/11 10:02 PM
ALBINO RHINO!

# 39 kingkilla56 @ 04/24/11 10:02 PM
Vick nooooo. Why?! My hopes, my dreams are gonna go up in smokes. Freaking Eagle fans are failing me.

# 40 Bolt957 @ 04/24/11 10:02 PM
Does it really matter about who's on a cover? Just asking.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.