Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 vmkstar99 @ 04/25/11 06:00 PM
Saw a nice looking dive catch at about 0:12 and it looks like they got the same tackling improvements as NCAA.

# 2 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 04/25/11 06:10 PM
I try not to get hyped for madden , but I cant lie , theres a part of me thats still excited for this. Saw a bunch of good things , tackling , catches etc.

# 3 guaps @ 04/25/11 06:13 PM
Presentation teaser is up too...

Have to say that it looks like NCAA and Madden will get the same upgrades, except that Madden is one week late to the party in terms of announcements. I hope they have something else to show otherwise I don't see the point in having both a Madden blog and a NCAA blog.

# 4 jagsrock95 @ 04/25/11 06:19 PM
Hmmm... kinda underwhelming if you ask me. Graphically it looks exactly like 11 and from what I can see in this trailer it looks very choppy. idk maybe it's just cause you can barley see anything...but it still looks very bland compared to NCAA 12. I know it's a teaser and all but im still not feeling it.

# 5 BlueNGold @ 04/25/11 06:20 PM
It was hard to see much in the gameplay teaser, but it looks like Madden is getting the same zone coverage and tackling improvements NCAA has, which is great news but not a surprise either.

The presentation teaser on the other hand looks really good. I seen cheerleaders, mascots, team entrances, flyovers and a really nice stat overlay popping up (I think) mid-game with Mike Vick that looked like something you'd see on Sunday Night Football.

At this point I think it's safe to say this year is going to be a much better leap forward than Madden 11 was from Madden 10. Hopefully it all translates well on the field.

# 6 vln13 @ 04/25/11 06:21 PM
NCAA tackling system, custom playbooks, improved zone coverage, can't decipher much else...

# 7 chen_sc @ 04/25/11 06:24 PM
the presentation teaser looks good from what I could see...the gameplay looks like the same mediocre madden we have seen in the last years...

# 8 BlueNGold @ 04/25/11 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
the gameplay looks like the same mediocre madden we have seen in the last years...
Way to gather that from a bunch of 5 second (or less) clips....

# 9 jagsrock95 @ 04/25/11 06:28 PM
Quote:
the presentation teaser looks good from what I could see...the gameplay looks like the same mediocre madden we have seen in the last years...
^^^^^this, and that said the presentation still looks lacking

# 10 Bgamer90 @ 04/25/11 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsrock95
^^^^^this, and that said the presentation still looks lacking
How? The presentation actually looked good from what I could see.

# 11 chen_sc @ 04/25/11 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Way to gather that from a bunch of 5 second (or less) clips....
I mean, look at the players animation it's the same as last maddens: choppy and robotic

# 12 SageInfinite @ 04/25/11 06:37 PM
Looks like a pretty good year so far for videogame football fans. Ncaa looks pretty solid, and I like what I saw in these Madden teasers. Can't wait until Thursday.

# 13 TrapStar215 @ 04/25/11 06:42 PM
So why did my presentation thread get deleted? It was two different videos.

# 14 marshallfever @ 04/25/11 06:43 PM
I know a teaser is suppose to tease you, but these are the stupidest videos i have ever seen. Your really going to show us clips of footage through letters.....really???? I mean it would of been simpler to just teaser with a regular video like NCAA does.

But this stupid footage through letters is beyond dumb

# 15 jagsrock95 @ 04/25/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
How? The presentation actually looked good from what I could see.
well i dunno im not saying it doesn't look good but it doesn't look great either, it's definitely not eye popping like NCAA 12 but I understand it's just teaser so hopefully it looks better when it takes up a whole screen lol. Just overall though so far madden looks really bland to me.

# 16 jmurphy31 @ 04/25/11 06:50 PM
Can some post a picture of the Vick presentation shot. I can't view the video

Thanks

# 17 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 04/25/11 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
These vids are getting me a little excited too; however, the real test will be the demo and a certain measuring stick that I shouldn't mention. Don't want to do any game comparisons on here.
Yea , its all gone be about how it FEELS. These additions are good and needed but if it doesnt feel right then its not worth it. Im staying grounded untill I see actual gameplay. For now , these are all staged videos.

# 18 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/25/11 06:57 PM
Presentation looks like another huge let-down if it's not complimented with a proficient broadcast package.

EA, we all know you make really elaborate team-specific intros (albeit non-dynamic ones). That was never the problem since 2008 when you started doing those movie-like tunnel sequences. The problem is that it ends there and the actual broadcast is lackluster and disconnected.

I guess we'll see on April 28 if EA stepped up to the plate in this greatly neglected area of presentation. I hope they do.

# 19 roadman @ 04/25/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
the gameplay looks like the same mediocre madden we have seen in the last years...
Really? Consecutive hit tackles and Custom Playbooks are the same mediocre Madden we've seen in the last years?

People have been asking for these over the last years and people still aren't happy. Wow, can't please everyone all the time at OS.

# 20 Kevin26385 @ 04/25/11 06:58 PM
Loving the real intros so far, I am crossing my fingers they have the correct inflatable for the Bears intros as well as the flag runners with 4th phase logos.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.