Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Franchise details start at roughly the 7:00 mark.
  • Expanded Rosters up to 75 people on a team. (includes training camp guys)
  • Cut day Feature
  • New Draft Logic
  • New FA bidding system
The Cut day feature stands out, it will be interesting to hear more about it.

Does the fact that the expanded roster includes training camp guys, mean an actual "training camp"?

May 16th is marked on my calendar.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TDKing @ 04/30/11 01:51 PM
I can't stand when they throw numbers around like this.. 100 new this 50 new that... I hate being a doosh bag, but I would like to see the 100 new features listed at some point in time.

# 42 canes21 @ 04/30/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
"His team is garbage..." - Deion Sanders about Peyton Hillis' Browns.

Seriously? REALLY?!

Beat New Orleans by 13 and New England by 20...

Lost 7 games by seven points or less... Only two of those seven were to teams a record worse than .500 (Cinci and Buffalo).

I don't know who I hate more Mark May, Colin Cowherd or Deion Sanders.
Don't get so defensive man. And it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 20, its showing up as a loss either way in you record.

# 43 SouthernBrick @ 05/01/11 12:09 AM
Quote:
I am more angry with the fact that he is disrespecting Peyton Hillis' team at an event (pretty much) for Peyton Hillis. You don't go to a birthday party and make fun of the birthday boy's friends... Unless you are an (Insert whatever negative word you want here).
Agreed. I'm usually a fan of what Dieon has to say but, that wasn't necessary. Would of been better if he said don't fit or even doesn't deserve the cover but, to attack his team isn't right. I love the out spoken prime time but, that was very disrespectful especially with his choice of words.

# 44 Still2REal @ 05/01/11 12:25 AM
Quote:
"His team is garbage..." - Deion Sanders about Peyton Hillis' Browns.

Seriously? REALLY?!

Beat New Orleans by 13 and New England by 20...

Lost 7 games by seven points or less... Only two of those seven were to teams a record worse than .500 (Cinci and Buffalo).

I don't know who I hate more Mark May, Colin Cowherd or Deion Sanders.
Dude they were 5-11 = garbage. Hate a man for lying not telling the truth

# 45 Lexicon @ 05/01/11 12:31 AM
Madden 09 touted over 80 new features as it's selling point before launch...

# 46 PVarck31 @ 05/01/11 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Dude they were 5-11 = garbage. Hate a man for lying not telling the truth
Yeah if you want to call them garbage go ahead. The 5-11 record wasn't a true indication of how much the team improved, but thats a discussion for another time.

The fact of the matter is that Deon Sanders had no business saying what he said. He should conduct himself in a professional manner. You don't go calling teams garbage when you work as an analyst. That is extremely unprofessional.

# 47 Still2REal @ 05/01/11 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Yeah if you want to call them garbage go ahead. The 5-11 record wasn't a true indication of how much the team improved, but thats a discussion for another time.

The fact of the matter is that Deon Sanders had no business saying what he said. He should conduct himself in a professional manner. You don't go calling teams garbage when you work as an analyst. That is extremely unprofessional.
All analysts are not the same nor follow the same code. I guess Deion is trying to set himself up like the football version of Barkley. Someone who says what's on his mind, some love it some don't. Implying that analysts should only speak in positive terms regarding teams is erroneous. I've seen much worse said by analysts regarding all sorts of things. We can all agree Deion is somewhat of a "different" character but I fail to see how anything he did was "unprofessional"

# 48 PVarck31 @ 05/01/11 01:25 AM
Quote:
All analysts are not the same nor follow the same code. I guess Deion is trying to set himself up like the football version of Barkley. Someone who says what's on his mind, some love it some don't. Implying that analysts should only speak in positive terms regarding teams is erroneous. I've seen much worse said by analysts regarding all sorts of things. We can all agree Deion is somewhat of a "different" character but I fail to see how anything he did was "unprofessional"
Woah there. I never said an analyst can only speak positive about a team or player. There is a fine line between being critical and calling a team garbage.

They aren't drunk fans, or sitting around with their buddies talking junk. They are paid to be professional, and calling a team garbage is nothing close to professional.

# 49 steelers1 @ 05/01/11 01:26 AM
I'm very, very happy about the expanded rosters. Looks like I'll have to buy the game this year.

# 50 Still2REal @ 05/01/11 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Woah there. I never said an analyst can only speak positive about a team or player. There is a fine line between being critical and calling a team garbage.

They aren't drunk fans, or sitting around with their buddies talking junk. They are paid to be professional, and calling a team garbage is nothing close to professional.
Fair enough, lol but come on man you know Deion was keeping it real. He wasn't there as an NFL Network analyst or saying it on national tv he was just being honest (according to what he thinks) about the video game cover. MAdden is honoring a dude who was on team with a 5-11 record. When else has the cover guy for MAdden been from a losing team. Everything Deion said was accurate. Now I understand as a Cleveland fan (I'm assuming) why you would be disappointed (being a Houston native I feel your pain), but good old Prime Time wasn't out of bounds on this play

# 51 PVarck31 @ 05/01/11 02:02 AM
Quote:
Fair enough, lol but come on man you know Deion was keeping it real. He wasn't there as an NFL Network analyst or saying it on national tv he was just being honest (according to what he thinks) about the video game cover. MAdden is honoring a dude who was on team with a 5-11 record. When else has the cover guy for MAdden been from a losing team. Everything Deion said was accurate. Now I understand as a Cleveland fan (I'm assuming) why you would be disappointed (being a Houston native I feel your pain), but good old Prime Time wasn't out of bounds on this play
Fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree. At least you feel some of my pain being a Houston fan.

# 52 Step2001 @ 05/01/11 08:05 AM
Good to hear some features for Franchise mode, It a start.......Still a wait and see on how it's Implemented.

In HC09 they did not have Practice squads. They didn't make it into the build the first time around. Looman talked about adding them for yr. twp of the game, but that did not arrive, game canceled.

Working I.R. would be an enhancement.

Hopefully they added how Draft picks were signed in HC09!

Wear and Tear Injury System where Injuries carried over year to year.

We'll see.......

# 53 SuckaRepellent @ 05/01/11 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsin
This Madden is sounding more like 2005, when they had the radio show and position battles. These minor upgrades are big for franchise. I'm getting kind of excited. Can't wait till May 16.
This is when Madden was in beast mode.

All of my user skills came from playing the franchise mode and doing the training camp drills. I wish it would get back to this, because I haven't finished a franchise in a long time.

# 54 NoTiCe_O @ 05/01/11 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaRepellent
This is when Madden was in beast mode.

All of my user skills came from playing the franchise mode and doing the training camp drills
. I wish it would get back to this, because I haven't finished a franchise in a long time.
Yoo this is the truth! I was nasty at gettin user picks because of tht interception drill, i used to Love doing tht. I almost forgot about all tht.

I was nice at pinning ppl in the endzone too with the punts, aww man.

# 55 Reejer @ 05/01/11 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
Donny may have just let this slip, those "small" franchise upgrades could go a long way to bringing a realistic feel.
Ditto.. I am totally diggin' this info. I can't wait for the details on progression/regression and I am curious about what they did in regards to the potential rating.

# 56 Still2REal @ 05/01/11 02:05 PM
So what's the excuse this year for not putting salary cap and trade logic in online franchise mode?

# 57 TDKing @ 05/01/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
So what's the excuse this year for not putting salary cap and trade logic in online franchise mode?
WHAT!!, have they already said that it won't be in 12 ?

# 58 Still2REal @ 05/01/11 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
WHAT!!, have they already said that it won't be in 12 ?

You really think they would drop all these features and this wouldn't slip out by now? It's not official but I HIGHLY DOUBT we see it. I will gladly eat humble pie if I'm wrong...

# 59 thekodinator @ 05/01/11 05:01 PM
Quote:
You really think they would drop all these features and this wouldn't slip out by now? It's not official but I HIGHLY DOUBT we see it. I will gladly eat humble pie if I'm wrong...
yep... NO WAY online franchise gets much better this year... calling it a "Franchise" mode is a real misnomer as well... it's just the old online leagues feature, except with consecutive seasons. Bare bones.

# 60 canes21 @ 05/01/11 05:22 PM
This is funny, 4 months to go and we have guys here already stating that if a feature isn't released by now, its not in the game. I highly doubt online franchise is going untouched this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.