Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 OrangeCrush27 @ 05/06/11 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Both videos looked awsome. I love the tackling and it looked good. I'm also loving the presentation camera angles aswell. It looks so real and all. But one thing that concerns me about the gameplay in video number 2. Is when Vick snaps the ball. The Giants DE are going to far out to the sides then coming back in and going after the QB. Why are the DE going out that far just to get to the QB. It seemed that both DEs was doing the same angles to get to the QB. Plus the DEs was not using no sort of swim move to try and free themselves from the tackles. Why didn't one of the DEs try going to the inside of the tackle with a swim move. Both DEs was mirror imaging each other when going out to the outside of the tackles to get to the QB. To me that is a concern there. I hope they have more animations then that for the DEs.
I noticed the same thing. Maybe they hot routed both of the ends to contain the quarterback so Vick could just stand there untouched?

Either way, I'm very encouraged by everything so far. It's not going to be perfect, but at least they're finally listening and finally trying. Can't wait for the Franchise/Superstar info!

# 22 SageInfinite @ 05/06/11 10:29 PM
The Eagles shots looked really good. Especially on the Vick roll out play. Very good looking.

# 23 LorenzoDC @ 05/06/11 10:29 PM
I don't remember them ever putting this much close up slow mo into showing changes to the game before, coupled with deep description of the limitations of past editions. That they are targeting, very specifically, areas of key Madden community complaint is a good sign.

Just that approach feels to me like they're getting people's hopes up in a way that, paradoxically, may be raising the expectations for franchise improvements, set to announce on May 16, even higher.

I'm an offline franchise guy, so on the one hand I see all this stuff and think, "Man, they must be going for it hard on franchise this year to match all the other stuff they're doing to bring back their core audience."

And then I think, "Whoa, so now I'm almost expecting them to address everything that needs to be done to make franchise mode sing. . . but what if they only get part of it done? Will I be disappointed because I got my hopes and expectations up?"

I think I may, even if maybe that's not fair. With all this work they're doing and promotion they're doing and good early buzz they're getting, if they don't totally freaking nail offline franchise, I'm gonna be pissed, especially after they totally ignored it last year.

# 24 Danimal @ 05/06/11 10:34 PM
The camera angles have really left me speechless. I didn't think I would ever see actual broadcast views in this game. I don't care if it has an EA logo on the broadcast PIP, the camera angles are the best they have ever been in a Madden game.

# 25 radatdude2 @ 05/06/11 10:44 PM
Gotta say im really impressed with the way madden is showcasing their game. It really shows that they are not hiding anything about the game and that they are willing to show it kudos to the madden team. please Mike Young if you listening please address the jets jerseys the numbers on the sleeves are extremely too small. thanks

# 26 mestevo @ 05/06/11 10:47 PM
Pretty cool stuff, can see some complaints coming from certain people about Revis sliding along though. He moves like 3 yards sideways without taking a step.

# 27 SageInfinite @ 05/06/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
The camera angles have really left me speechless. I didn't think I would ever see actual broadcast views in this game. I don't care if it has an EA logo on the broadcast PIP, the camera angles are the best they have ever been in a Madden game.
I totally agree. I couldn't be happier right now(I could but why ruin it). Loving the presentation additions. It's gonna add so much for me. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

# 28 PGaither84 @ 05/06/11 11:21 PM
The clip with Marshall Faulk looks like the spin and juke moves still force animations and outcomes. Defenders will be forced into "juked out of his shoes" animations. Still very unrealistic. That "other game" did a fantastic job in a lot of areas, and this is another one of them.

To me, it isn't really fair when EA shows us some stuff. You see mistakes/problems in NCAA... well, they are college players just making college player mistakes. They show Revis in the Sizzle trailer jerk one way and then slide back and tip a pass... well that's Revis, so that's okay. We see Marshall Faulk, a mast of the spin move, juke some Seahawks player. Built in excuses for game play issues.

Also, still LOTS of sliding in these videos.

EDIT: In the second video, despite what they SAID about ball physics, when you watch @ the 8min mark, we still have the classic Madden ball physics as it is jarred lose with a big hit. :sigh: There are improvements, but it doesn't look earth shaking by any means.

# 29 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/06/11 11:44 PM
At the end of the day, I am a huge fan of long videos. I hope they continue to release long videos. I got tired of the 1 minute or 35 seconds videos.

Release an 8 or 9 minute video talking about a specific feature thoroughly is the way to go. So these videos were great.

Jamming 8 different things in a 1 minute video doesn't work, stuff get lost in the transalation.

Plus them standing on the VR field talking about what we are about to see was cool, they should continue doing that.

# 30 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 05/06/11 11:45 PM
Still desperately waiting for them to finally show us a clip of their broadcast presentation and commentary...

That will single-handedly make or break all this work with the cameras and entrances. Until then, this is all theoretical to me. But the potential is there.

# 31 FreAk47 @ 05/07/11 12:01 AM
The tackle at about the 3 minute mark of Pierre Thomas is really the only true "clean up" tackle that I have seen so far. All the other ones it looks like the 2nd defender just kinda grabs on and goes with whatever is already happening. You don't really see the 2nd defender ever really delivering a blow and altering the direction of what is happening.

# 32 roadman @ 05/07/11 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
The tackle at about the 3 minute mark of Pierre Thomas is really the only true "clean up" tackle that I have seen so far. All the other ones it looks like the 2nd defender just kinda grabs on and goes with whatever is already happening. You don't really see the 2nd defender ever really delivering a blow and altering the direction of what is happening.
I've seen other consecutive hit tackles in NCAA and Madden over the last week or two. Much better than the bowling pin or group hug tackles the past few years.

Overall, impressed with the videos. I did see that double team blocking in the presentation video and that was a nice rollout by Vick.

# 33 SageInfinite @ 05/07/11 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've seen other consecutive hit tackles in NCAA and Madden over the last week or two. Much better than the bowling pin or group hug tackles the past few years.

Overall, impressed with the videos. I did see that double team blocking in the presentation video and that was a nice rollout by Vick.
I saw no double team blocking.

# 34 Jakeness23 @ 05/07/11 01:07 AM
one thing i hate seeing, and i know it's small but im sure you all noticed to. when they zoomed up on Vick and you see his facemask going through his shoulder pads. i just hate seeing that, it's the same thing with 2K when you see the ball go through the rim on a dunk or body parts morphing through others. good thing you dont see that nearly as much in football games.

# 35 Tengo Juego @ 05/07/11 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The clip with Marshall Faulk looks like the spin and juke moves still force animations and outcomes. Defenders will be forced into "juked out of his shoes" animations. Still very unrealistic. That "other game" did a fantastic job in a lot of areas, and this is another one of them.

To me, it isn't really fair when EA shows us some stuff. You see mistakes/problems in NCAA... well, they are college players just making college player mistakes. They show Revis in the Sizzle trailer jerk one way and then slide back and tip a pass... well that's Revis, so that's okay. We see Marshall Faulk, a mast of the spin move, juke some Seahawks player. Built in excuses for game play issues.

Also, still LOTS of sliding in these videos.

EDIT: In the second video, despite what they SAID about ball physics, when you watch @ the 8min mark, we still have the classic Madden ball physics as it is jarred lose with a big hit. :sigh: There are improvements, but it doesn't look earth shaking by any means.
There's more to not like, than to like in the gameplay video. I'm surprised more OS'ers aren't dissapointed in the lack of foot planting in Madden and NCAA. So much sliding.

EDIT: EA is able to get time with Superstar athletes, why aren't they having these guys Mo-Cap for the game?

# 36 SageInfinite @ 05/07/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
There's more to not like, than to like in the gameplay video. I'm surprised more OS'ers aren't dissapointed in the lack of foot planting in Madden and NCAA. So much sliding.
You guys are right. I'm still looking forward to seeing more though.

# 37 CM Hooe @ 05/07/11 01:33 AM
Good stuff.

# 38 HarkTheSound @ 05/07/11 01:35 AM
At the end of the first video, around the 9:10 mark, is that a Lions player running in between all those Bears players? Lol I can't tell who or what that is. Other than that, cool vids.

# 39 LingeringRegime @ 05/07/11 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego

EDIT: EA is able to get time with Superstar athletes, why aren't they having these guys Mo-Cap for the game?
Good question. That is where they would be the most useful.

# 40 Lexicon @ 05/07/11 01:59 AM
Overall, I'm not jumping for joy with these videos. I'm glad they're making improvements, and I know that they've REDUCED suction, but the suction is still there. Maybe when I play it I won't even notice any suction at all, won't know til I play it. I did like the ball physics though, the way it hit the ground and rolled was excellent. Anyone notice Clay's hair seemed to be detached from his body and going through the ball carrier when he had him down?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.