Home
Madden 12 News Post

All right folks, here's the deal. I will be speaking with EA's Mr. Josh(full name maybe has an 'ua'?) Looman in the very near future. Many of you have interacted with him on here in the past, so he probably does not need much of an introduction, but he's the developer who likes to watch simulation after simulation run across his screen while his eyes try not to bleed too much.

Anyway, I'll be speaking with him via telephone about what's going on with Superstar Mode and Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12 this week. The embargo won't be up until NEXT Monday (5/16). I'll be transcribing the interview for the site, but I'm going to let you all (mostly) guide where this interview goes.

Here is the only restriction (sans the given time constraints during an interview, so I obviously won't get everything answered):

No super-duper specific questions will be asked. If you want me to ask Josh if in year 2023 of Franchise mode will there be an abundance of quarterbacks available in the NFL Draft -- I WILL hunt you down.

On the other hand, here would be an acceptable question: Josh, has anything changed this year in terms of how the NFL Draft plays out in Madden 12?

(Pro tip: If your grammar is sound and on point, you probably have a better shot of getting a question asked.)

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 metovics8 @ 05/09/11 03:20 PM
if you select all 32 teams, can off season tasks be set individually for each team (like NBA 2K11) or are they universal (like madden 11)?

# 22 volstopfan14 @ 05/09/11 03:22 PM
What changes have been made to the draft and scouting?
What changes have been made to free agency?
Can you trade future draft picks?
Do coaches actually mean anything this year?
Will CPU controlled teams fire/hire coaches based on preformance or will they just make changes after the contract of the coach is up?
Does injured reserve work correctly?
Is there a practice squad?

Thanks for taking time to answer these questions.

# 23 RogueHominid @ 05/09/11 03:27 PM
I would like to know if the custom draft classes have been expanded or updated in any way from last year's game.

# 24 RedZoneD25 @ 05/09/11 03:34 PM
Let me preface this post by saying I'm absolutely STOKED for this blog, as franchise mode is where I spend legitimately 99% of my Madden time. Here's to hoping that the long, long wait has paid off.

That said, I have a few questions:

Are you able to edit player attributes at any point after you start a franchise?

Can you create a draft class and share via EA Locker or something of the sort?

Are there any new Head Coach-style face renders?

Has restricted free agency made a return to the series?

When relocating teams, is the create-a-logo/uniform updated in any way?

Do assistant coaches have portraits again?

Will we have a new hub for the mode, perhaps with an NFL.com homepage?

Are position battles/training camp making an appearance again?

I could go on and on, but that's plenty. :-)

# 25 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 03:34 PM
Will the college all-star game make it back in. This was one of the best features in the game.

# 26 LorenzoDC @ 05/09/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodImmigrant
is there a difference when scouting a DE from a 4-3 going to a 3-4?
Good one!

I might broaden this to ask, "Will scouting reports be scheme specific to your franchise's offense and defense?"

LB's really make a difference in 3-4 versus 4-3, but then I thought I may as well throw the offense out there as well, to maybe include TE's in the spread, offenses that include Wildcat, etc.

# 27 lolfalconsbeatu @ 05/09/11 03:41 PM
1) Is Training Camp back in/if not is that something that is being worked on for a future madden?

2) What are the differences between online and offline franchise mode.

# 28 illwill10 @ 05/09/11 03:42 PM
Superstar Mode:
Is there a new interface?
Will there be interviews?
Will there be commentary/presentation?
How is the progression?
Will there be cutscenes geared toward SS players?

# 29 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 03:42 PM
Will training camp make it back. And player moral, position battles also

# 30 goodygoody @ 05/09/11 03:48 PM
Can we trade for future picks in the draft?

# 31 Hova57 @ 05/09/11 03:49 PM
Is there a better way of running a two back system other than fatigue sliders?

Will all players or certain players progress during training camp?
Will all teams blitz 85% of time or will they be more specific to their respective teams this year?
Was there additional presentation done specifically for franchise/superstar modes, could you give an example of one?
Will there be headlines and stories week to week.?
Will there be a real time and game ticker similar to the show?
Is there more slider options especially global for positions?
How fast will they be able to change salary cap rules and cba regulations once one is in place?

# 32 goalieump413 @ 05/09/11 03:51 PM
Has the Superstar game mode been rebuilt from scratch?

# 33 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 03:52 PM
Dynamic attendance for team record or drafting/signing big name players?

# 34 Armor and Sword @ 05/09/11 03:56 PM
Is the NFL draft becoming a big event on Madden 2012. Are we going to hear the crowd reactions like in previous Maddens (2007). Are we going to get TV style coverage ala NFL Network or ESPN.

Are player roles making a return?

Is the ability to name team captains making a return?

Are position battles making a return?

And will all these factors make up part of the dynamic in-season and off-season player progression system that I think we are getting?

Thanks for the consideration on these questions.

# 35 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 03:56 PM
Will draft day have the feel and presentation aspect as well as the background ambience?

# 36 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Is the NFL draft becoming a big event on Madden 2012. Are we going to hear the crowd reactions like in previous Maddens (2007). Are we going to get TV style coverage ala NFL Network or ESPN.

Are player roles making a return?

Is the ability to name team captains making a return?

Are position battles making a return?

And will all these factors make up part of the dynamic in-season and off-season player progression system that I think we are getting?

Thanks for the consideration on these questions.
These are some great questions bro

# 37 GoodImmigrant @ 05/09/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Good one!

I might broaden this to ask, "Will scouting reports be scheme specific to your franchise's offense and defense?"

LB's really make a difference in 3-4 versus 4-3, but then I thought I may as well throw the offense out there as well, to maybe include TE's in the spread, offenses that include Wildcat, etc.

thanks, I like your question better.

# 38 B-Lo-Z-Ro @ 05/09/11 03:58 PM
Will there be an Injured Reserve section added to the roster so players wont have to be released to free angecy to make room to add replacement players since there is a cap on rosters?

# 39 NAdkins01 @ 05/09/11 03:59 PM
If the online franchise is included with this round:

Will the online franchise have trade logic?

Will the online franchise have salary caps and contracts?

Any other big changes to the online franchise?

# 40 GoToledo @ 05/09/11 04:00 PM
Are there out of town live scoring updates during the games? To elaborate, are all of the 1pm games played simultaneously now (like in last-gen), and will the new presentation recognize that other games are going on? Thanks.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.