Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The Gaming Tailgate has posted all sorts of NCAA Football 12 custom playbook information. Here is a bullet list, but head on over to get more details.
  • Total plays - The max number is 377, but it varies between 370-377 based on the team's base playbook.
  • Playbooks - 15 on offense 15 on defense
  • 40 formations total
  • Can be used in Online Dynasty and ranked/unranked online games
  • Goal line and Special teams are in each playbook
  • ...Also, I found this to be pretty handy, but your Custom Playbooks will show up after the Z's and before the A's in the order at the team selection screen. I think this is handier than alphabetical order because it will group all of your custom playbooks back-to-back so you can easily go from one to the other (when you have defaulted one of your custom playbooks as your default playbook).
  • ...unfortunately there won't be any easy way to share custom playbooks. I'm not sure if you will be able to transfer save files or something between consoles or not but there is no dedicated online sharing like rosters has.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/09/11 06:08 PM
Now the question is do I build my custom playbook on release night or do I jump right into a dynasty...decisions, decisions...

# 22 illwill10 @ 05/09/11 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Now the question is do I build my custom playbook on release night or do I jump right into a dynasty...decisions, decisions...
I will build my custom playbook first. I will wait until rosters come out or after I edit rosters my self to start a dynasty

# 23 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/09/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I will build my custom playbook first. I will wait until rosters come out or after I edit rosters my self to start a dynasty
Same here. Man this game can't get here fast enough.

# 24 JSU SWAC Champs07 @ 05/09/11 06:54 PM
is it only for online dynasty or can i use it in a regular dynasty???

# 25 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/09/11 09:19 PM
Man I'm loving this info about custom playbook right now. This is just getting me more hype up for both madden and ncaa this year.

# 26 Slaticus @ 05/09/11 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Man what a day... I get a new job and more NCAA news. What else is in store!?
Lol me too. I am mega excited about this!

# 27 illwill10 @ 05/09/11 09:37 PM
I will create 2+ Offenses. I will create 70% run team with multiple running formations(no triple options or wing). I will also create a 60 % passing pro style offense.
I will build my teams through my run playbook. But down the line I will switch over to my prostyle playbook. Both of my playbooks will require me to recruit different types of RBs. But with my running playbook, I will recruit alot of Rbs. I wont recruit 4 or 5 star Qbs with my run playbook.
I probably will only create 1 defensive playbook. I will have multiple formations. I will run 65% Man coverage. I will blitz 45% of the time(mainly with 3-4), I will mainly rely on Dline for pressure.

# 28 WizKhid @ 05/09/11 10:07 PM
Can't wait for this game to come out now! Just need to hear some dynasty info then i will go ahead and put my money down for it

I already got my playbook down pack for both sides of the ball and can't wait to put it into effect

# 29 TMJOHNS18 @ 05/09/11 10:38 PM
Cool, now I can use 4-3 with some 4-4 and maybe even some 3-4 without switching all around. Definitely going to have to get some base plays down and fill up some holes with some trick plays lol.

# 30 smace767 @ 05/09/11 10:46 PM
One of the things custom playbooks will do for a od commish is allow for a reset of cpu teams playbook. Meaning depending on other options, announcements, and effectiveness of cpu play calling, in particular engage eight blitzes or heavy passing by Army GTech ect.

A commish can create six or more CPU playbooks ie(ultra conservative, balanced, option, spread run and pass, air raid on offense and 3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, conservative, aggressive, zone blitz, multiD, on defense) and adjust coaching and team sliders. a commish can use an alternate psn/gammer tag and during preseason take control of a number of teams one at a time and make changes then retire that coach once you have adjusted all the teams you want.

changing playbooks and run pass balance and d aggressiveness really helped cpu teams. as well as resetting playbooks every 3 or 4 years to match current team rosters for that year.

It is not ideal to just change a teams philosophies, but if roster management didnt match team playbooks then the best thing to do for cpu teams was to change playbooks to match the team. At least cpu teams tried and were forced to use their best groups of players(wr, duel threat qb's, wr's, ect) do to the playbook emphasis.

by taking out the worst and ineffective plays in the cpu's playbook and giving them more focused playbooks they call better plays and they provide a better challenge.

# 31 Scarecrow IzA G @ 05/09/11 11:05 PM
This is awesome.

# 32 Aggies7 @ 05/09/11 11:23 PM
Been out of the loop is there just custom playbooks or is there create a play as well?

# 33 blakty @ 05/09/11 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Been out of the loop is there just custom playbooks or is there create a play as well?
Just playbooks for now. This was definitely one of the most demanded features and I'm glad the NCAA team fleshed it out so well. One of my fears was that if added, custom playbooks would be extremely limited in reguards of off./def. styles and number of plays/formations. Imagine my suprise when I heard we get 40 formations per playbook with over 350 plays. The only thing that could make it more perfect is a fully loaded create-a-play.

# 34 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/10/11 02:42 AM
Awesomeness.....

I am going to make Michigan, Oregon and Nebraska off the hook. Dynasty once again will be fun. No more stupid play calling by the CPU that is out of character for their personel.

# 35 boritter @ 05/10/11 04:54 AM
Sounds better than I expected....

Still is 6 years late....

# 36 smace767 @ 05/10/11 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
How do you figure that? With being able to only having 15 offensive playbooks, you realistically will only be able to change 14 CPU offensive playbooks in dynasty (Considering that you change your own). So out of 100+ teams in NCAA you will only be able to change 1/10 of the teams "play calling".

Granted you will never play all 100+ teams in dynasty and maybe only 20+ regularly, it still leaves a gap where you will be forced to go with EA's default playbook for that team. Unless you can add/delete/change pb's in dynasty mode and re-assign them to new teams.

Now I look forward to this feature and playing with it. Just wish they would have let us create as many as we like and assign them to as many teams as we like.
You could make 5 or 6 good default base playbook like my post suggested.

Think spread option, power run, run n shoot / air raid, pistol ect on offense and the same generic ones on defense. Think zone / zone blitz defense, multple man defense, all 4 down line man or all with 5 dbs a true multiple defense. the key being you could remove the useless 7 and 8 man blitzes and add more logical base plays the cpu can be more successful with.

you could assign the same playbook to 10 or 20 teams. you are not limited to use a playbook only once.

In ncaa 11 in dynasty we went through and took out the spread option teams playboooks since they didnt run them well and gave them all wisc, or mich st, or another run heavy base option playbook.

With 40 formations, that is twice as many formations as the current playbook so diversity would still be better than what was in ncaa 11.

On a side note i guess it has not been determined if you could load these multiple times per dynasty team. I dont see why not. its one file u use multiple times like a teambuilder team in conf play after the user retires.

You use an alternate profile and assign each team with the improved base playbooks then go in and switch teams and change the next team until you retire that profile. when you leave the playbook and coach settings stay.

# 37 blkrptnt819 @ 05/10/11 08:03 AM
I think 40 formations may be a bit much but 377 plays will get eaten up fast by the formations I run. I expect about 20+ plays a formations out of 8 of the ones I pick and about 18 plays out of another 10. My plays will be eaten up quick.

# 38 blkrptnt819 @ 05/10/11 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
Can't wait...mix and matching everything...Flexbone, Spread, Pistol, Ace packages...oh yes...
This is the way it should be! I hate when ppl try to limit creativity just to fit into someone elses box.

# 39 RynoAid @ 05/10/11 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
This is the way it should be! I hate when ppl try to limit creativity just to fit into someone elses box.
Really? i disagree with that. The box i play in is called SIM... and you don't see Texas Tech running the flexbone mixed in with their spread. You don't see Standford running wishbone sets or the Maryland I.

The extra layer needed is "style". You should have to designate a "style" that limits the formations you can choose from... I'm not saying you couldn't have some option stuff in there as a spread team.. but it should be very limited selection.

Again, all my opinion.

# 40 theaub @ 05/10/11 10:43 AM
And you can do that yourself. Other people who want to have some ridiculous offense that ranges from a 5 wide set to the flexbone shouldn't be limited.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.