Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded stream, click here.

Three developers from NCAA Football 12 talk about the latest announcements.

What you will see:
  • An autographed football by Ingram, Fairley, Locker and Murray.
  • Q & A time with NCAA Football 12 developers.
  • In depth conversations about the new presentation and gameplay announcements.
  • Behind the scenes interviews from NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete Mark Ingram and more from the U WANT ME Campaign.
  • A never before seen screen for NCAA Football 12.

UPDATE: The chat has completed, check out the comments for some of the details. The Gaming Tailgate has posted some of the details that they found.

Quote:
  • The demo will feature two match-ups (TBA) that will allow users to unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms. The other five will be available for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders. However, Producer Ben Haumiller disclosed that the pre-order uniforms will be made available at a later date for all NCAA 12 gamers.
  • There is no current release date for the demo, but it is expected to be available after E3, which is held in early June.
  • Executive Producer Roy Harvey visited the set and announced a new feature: Coach Mode. This mode will allow users to call the plays and pre-snap adjustments while watching the CPU execute the plays in a broadcast style camera.
  • A new screenshot was shown, featuring a night game between Alabama vs. LSU.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 moylan1234 @ 05/13/11 10:53 PM
okay I get it I think everyone's talking about the same thing for the most part just using different names for it

# 82 Solidice @ 05/13/11 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Not liking this Coach Mode. Sounds like B-Spec mode in Gran Turismo.
Isn't that what it's supposed to be though? the "coach mode" in my eyes would be calling the plays, and your CPU controlled team executing it, similar to the NFL Head Coach game.

I see some people refer to coach carousel as being coach mode, but that is something that can be added to dynasty as well.

take College Hoops for example. your are the coach in legacy mode, and there is a coaching carousel, but that in itself in not "coach mode". the game did have a coach mode in it though, where you don't have direct control of the players, but can call plays, substitute, etc...

Coach mode is not really a separate mode from dynasty, at least it shouldn't be.

# 83 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 11:41 PM
OK lets end this confusion right now before it really gets out of hand.

COACH MODE - Is when you strictly call plays. That is all you can do. You can't control the players on the field at all.

DYNASTY MODE - You choose a school, you recruit, build up your team, however you have total control of the game because you are the one playing the game. Controlling the movement of the players, juking, diving, spinning etc.

BROADCAST CAMERA - Camera view from the propsective of the head coach, which would be from the side like as when you watch a football game on tv.

SPECTATOR MODE - Is when you watch 2 human players play each other in a game. The way it worked in EA MMA, you could have up to 10 people in the group. 2 people played each other, while the other 8 simply just watched. However everybody was able to talk to each other like in party chat while the 2 people were playing.

# 84 Bacon Vortex @ 05/13/11 11:53 PM
For the love of God, did anyone find out if the Nebraska players/fans Throw the Bonez?

# 85 mtoo22 @ 05/13/11 11:56 PM
THROW THA BONEZZ

# 86 sparkdawg777 @ 05/14/11 12:05 AM
This is pretty ridiculous, why would they limit the camera angle to only coach mode? I mean, I mostly play behind the QB in Madden but sometimes I will play in the broadcast view for the fun of it because it looks more realistic. I just don't understand the reasoning for not making this camera angle playable? Coach mode is already in the game, you just snap it and dont press any other buttons. Why lock this?

# 87 mtoo22 @ 05/14/11 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Anyone got a copy of that screenshot? I didnt get to see it. thanks
Here ya go!

# 88 Jr. @ 05/14/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
OK lets end this confusion right now before it really gets out of hand.

COACH MODE - Is when you strictly call plays. That is all you can do. You can't control the players on the field at all.

DYNASTY MODE - You choose a school, you recruit, build up your team, however you have total control of the game because you are the one playing the game. Controlling the movement of the players, juking, diving, spinning etc.

BROADCAST CAMERA - Camera view from the propsective of the head coach, which would be from the side like as when you watch a football game on tv.

SPECTATOR MODE - Is when you watch 2 human players play each other in a game. The way it worked in EA MMA, you could have up to 10 people in the group. 2 people played each other, while the other 8 simply just watched. However everybody was able to talk to each other like in party chat while the 2 people were playing.
Isn't the Broadcast Camera the angle that you see when you watch a game on TV? The view from the perspective of the head coach would be field level from the sideline, right?

What you see on TV is not the perspective of the head coach (maybe the assistant coaches that are up in the booth) unless I am missing something...

# 89 Jr. @ 05/14/11 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
Broadcast Cam is the view you watch football on your TV. When you turn on ESPN, your looking at a broadcast camera...

ben
voodoo
Yeah that's what I thought.. it's not the perspective of the head coach from the sideline

# 90 FedExPope @ 05/14/11 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Not to sound rude or anything, but why does everyone want a broadcast camera? By my knowledge, that's the camera from the side of the field instead of behind the QB as the current camera is. How is it even possible to play a game from that angle? It just seems impossible to be able to play a game viewing the field from that angle. I'm not bashing people who want it at all. I just don't understand why everyone is up in arms over it when the 5 or 6 guys I play this game with cannot for the life of us figure out what the benefit to the camera is.
haha I believe I posted this, almost exact wording, about a year ago. The answer I got was basically there's a bigger audience that wants it than I thought...I dunno but hey, its in now.

# 91 NDFan1029 @ 05/14/11 04:43 AM
Coaching Carousel is finally in, and people here aren't even batting an eyelash....

Wasn't that a "must-add" for people last year?

# 92 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/14/11 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Coaching Carousel is finally in, and people here aren't even batting an eyelash....

I assume you have a link of an EA developer saying that coaching carousel is in then right?

...That isn't confirmed...

# 93 NDFan1029 @ 05/14/11 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I assume you have a link of an EA developer saying that coaching carousel is in then right?

...That isn't confirmed...
What does Coach Mode mean? I figured that's what it was. They haven't announced anything major in a while, so I figured it was something important.

# 94 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/14/11 05:13 AM
Quote:
What does Coach Mode mean? I figured that's what it was. They haven't announced anything major in a while, so I figured it was something important.
Coach mode is just coaching a simmed game, this doesn't confirm coaching carousel.

# 95 TheShizNo1 @ 05/14/11 09:28 AM
Quote:
It would have done good for you to read a couple pages back when all of that was broken down by someone.

# 96 Roggie @ 05/14/11 11:18 AM
Quote:

You having fun lying to people? Never once has it been said in. COACHES are in, but no CC announcement yet. Two completely different things. One involves guys standing on the sideline. The other is a Dynasty update, and since they still can't talk about Dynasty, there's no way they've announced CC... Come on, dude. Bad troll attempt.

# 97 TheTodd84 @ 05/14/11 11:38 AM
All of you have touched on important points from this 80 minute "Q&A," if you can even call it that with all the fluff. Anyway... Am I the only one that cringed when I saw the Bedlam highlight where the DB #19 for OU (name?) with the dreads backpedaling and then not even be penalized for such an abrupt change in direction and almost warp over to the OSU rb #1 in the flats to make the play?! I almost fainted when I saw that. Completely inexcusable that change of direction is STILL NOT PENALIZED in the game. That play should have been a one or two yard gain by #1 and not an incomplete pass. #19 for OU could have gotten there, but not that quickly, he just slid, like he was on ice into forward motion from his backpedal with no weight at all. Really disappointing.

And then in the Texas/TAMU highlights of #8 making the tackle, did anyone notice the Texas QB sliding to the right side of the pocket with little leg movement and again, little penalty for moving around?

Am I being too nit picky? It just seems like didn't fix the core issues with player movement. And it's so disappointing. I'm so sick of having guys open and then having defensive players warp from nowhere to make plays theyd never make in real life.

Anyway, sorry to take so much of your time. I just wanted to see if anyone noticed these things besides me.

# 98 BenGerman @ 05/14/11 11:38 AM
Quote:
You having fun lying to people? Never once has it been said in. COACHES are in, but no CC announcement yet. Two completely different things. One involves guys standing on the sideline. The other is a Dynasty update, and since they still can't talk about Dynasty, there's no way they've announced CC... Come on, dude. Bad troll attempt.
I think he thought Coach Mode was CC. I doubt he was trying to troll. Several people including myself thought a "Coach Mode" meant a sort of Career Mode.

# 99 Tengo Juego @ 05/14/11 01:30 PM
Quote:
He wasn't trolling or lying. He misunderstood the Coach Mode announcement thinking it was Coaching Carousel.

# 100 bubba4 @ 05/14/11 05:59 PM
Until EA announced Coach Mode and Broadcast Camera, I was going to skip this years game. But now, I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon!! There have been many of us simmers who've been asking for this since NCAA moved to next gen. This is huge news!!

Looking at a lot of the comments about a playable broadcast cam, I am seeing the EXACT same words being used when Madden introduced their broadcast cam. The debate is exactly the same.

I have to give EA credit. Someone there has finally gotten IT!! Madden and NCAA football are FINALLY moving towards that wonderful TV experience we've craved for far too long.
I like what I'm seeing.
Bubba4

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.