Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 12 Coaching Carousel hands-on preview, at TSO.

Quote:
"First of all, be assured there is some depth to the process and tangible impacts on the teams being coached. This isn’t just rotating names and meaningless movement. There are Offensive Coordinators and Defense Coordinators (no position coaches) to go along with the Head Coach and the coach prestige has a direct impact on the progression of players for the length of time he coaches the team. It’s not as deep as it could be, but for the first implementation, it’s more than I expected."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dan_457 @ 05/23/11 07:05 PM
Going back and looking at the video again, the vast of majority of the goals are really unrealistic(maybe because it[s oregon is why the numbers are so high). I'm not 100% sure what the green and red arrow's are supposed to indicate for approval. You'd think it'd be green for positive and red for negative improvement, but when passing for 4000 yards and running for 2000 in a season are all red arrows, and no green arrow's, I don't know what to think.

# 22 canes21 @ 05/23/11 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Going back and looking at the video again, the vast of majority of the goals are really unrealistic(maybe because it[s oregon is why the numbers are so high). I'm not 100% sure what the green and red arrow's are supposed to indicate for approval. You'd think it'd be green for positive and red for negative improvement, but when passing for 4000 yards and running for 2000 in a season are all red arrows, and no green arrow's, I don't know what to think.
It shows what happens if you accomplish or fail your goals. Say one gaol is gain 5000 yards passing and there are 3 green arrows, but now red arrows. That just means if you accomplish it, you get more security for your job and improve your prestige. If you don't accomplish, since there were no red arrows, then it won't hurt you.

# 23 illwill10 @ 05/23/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I believe it is pass/fail impacts. So if you dont pass a goal or two with a HIGH Fail Impact you could lose your job or Job Security goes down.

# 24 dan_457 @ 05/23/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It shows what happens if you accomplish or fail your goals. Say one gaol is gain 5000 yards passing and there are 3 green arrows, but now red arrows. That just means if you accomplish it, you get more security for your job and improve your prestige. If you don't accomplish, since there were no red arrows, then it won't hurt you.
That makes sense, but Oregon didn't even throw for 4000 yards last year, yet that's the neutral goal. I'm a little worried about the these goals now, seems like there's a high probability for unrealistic goals if throwing for 4000 is just "acceptable", and Oregon's not even a pass oriented offense.

# 25 Jukeman @ 05/23/11 07:37 PM
lol its like they were reading the CC thread

Thats a good thing !

# 26 LionsFanNJ @ 05/23/11 07:45 PM
That's great that the coaches have a tangible impact on prestige and recruit progression. I'm excited for the feature for its first implementation. Remember it took Choops 5 YEARS to get the CC the way it was in 2k8. So for a first time effort, I like it. I'm sure it won't be prelevant but it'd be sweet to play my Rutgers dynasty and meet up with the new coach of say USF and they've become a pro style/3-4 team a few years in.

I know some guys are disappointed at the CC news but at least there's some impact to the on the field play.

sent from parts unknown

# 27 illwill10 @ 05/23/11 08:15 PM
I read that you have to fully recruit as a Coordinator. So if you are a OC you have to recruit for both sides. So you cant just recruit to your side as a Coordinator. But I will recruit mostly to my side until I become head coach since I will supersim all defense plays.

# 28 RynoAid @ 05/23/11 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
correct.. the color indicates positive or negative and the quantity of arrows indicates it's importance to your boss!!!

# 29 reyes the roof @ 05/23/11 08:35 PM
I'm curious to see how the coaching prestige progresses. If I start out a defensive coordinator and work my prestige up to a B, does that automatically mean I have B prestige as a Head Coach as well?

# 30 cts @ 05/23/11 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm curious to see how the coaching prestige progresses. If I start out a defensive coordinator and work my prestige up to a B, does that automatically mean I have B prestige as a Head Coach as well?
That's how I think it would be. I don't think at this point in the development of CC that they would separate HC from coordinator ratings. That's just a guess, though.

# 31 BenGerman @ 05/23/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
That's how I think it would be. I don't think at this point in the development of CC that they would separate HC from coordinator ratings. That's just a guess, though.
Its probably how it is going to be, but I wish it wasn't. It should either drop a later grade, or drop all the way to an F. Because any prestige you carry as a Coordinator is almost immediately dropped as soon as you become a HC, because people are now going to know you as a HC, and not a Coordinator. I saw the Stanford Offensive Coordinator take the Penn State HC job on one of the screenshots, and his prestige was listed as A+, so I'm sure this is the way its going to be. Not that big of a deal, but something they will hopefully look at in the future.

# 32 Jukeman @ 05/23/11 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Its probably how it is going to be, but I wish it wasn't. It should either drop a later grade, or drop all the way to an F. Because any prestige you carry as a Coordinator is almost immediately dropped as soon as you become a HC, because people are now going to know you as a HC, and not a Coordinator. I saw the Stanford Offensive Coordinator take the Penn State HC job on one of the screenshots, and his prestige was listed as A+, so I'm sure this is the way its going to be. Not that big of a deal, but something they will hopefully look at in the future.
It doesn't really matter since the grades are dynamic...One year he's a A+ next he's a B..

# 33 Jr. @ 05/23/11 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
It doesn't really matter since the grades are dynamic...One year he's a A+ next he's a B..
Only if he doesn't do well. If he goes 10-2 I doubt he will drop. And with the boost that the prestige ratings have on the players progression and play if you sim, I wonder how likely it will be that coaches prestige ratings go down? It seems like it is weighted toward their prestige remaining high once it gets there

# 34 austezie @ 05/23/11 11:16 PM
The goal numbers are very unrealistic just like the recruits workout numbers. I was hoping for a spring game :-/

# 35 mdurd2817 @ 05/23/11 11:23 PM
I hope next year they add ratings for coaches that tie in to recruiting like an evaluator and/or scouting rating. Maybe have all of the recruits ratings locked until a coach has scouted them. The accuracy of the recruits' ratings could depend on how strong you or your coaches rating is in that particular attribute(s). I want something different than the current slot machine recruiting.

Anyone thought of anything more in-depth with recruiting since coordinators are in the game?

# 36 cts @ 05/23/11 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
I hope next year they add ratings for coaches that tie in to recruiting like an evaluator and/or scouting rating. Maybe have all of the recruits ratings locked until a coach has scouted them. The accuracy of the recruits' ratings could depend on how strong you or your coaches rating is in that particular attribute(s). I want something different than the current slot machine recruiting.

Anyone thought of anything more in-depth with recruiting since coordinators are in the game?
I like the idea of having to scout a player to see his ratings. Wasn't it like that at some point with NCAA?

# 37 sparkdawg777 @ 05/24/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0

I don't know, if you look Charlie Weis is an A+ at Florida as an OC which he should be he's one of the best OC's out there but he should not be an A+ HC. Also I can't remember exactly but Will Muschamp is like a B which I'm sure if he was still a DC he would be up in the A's.

Also if this was the case, what would be the point for teams to settle for a B HC when they could get an A OC/DC?

# 38 cts @ 05/24/11 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Also if this was the case, what would be the point for teams to settle for a B HC when they could get an A OC/DC?
This is true.

# 39 Jr. @ 05/24/11 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Good point. Unless A rated OC/DCs are only available to 5*+ prestige schools.. but that wouldn't make much sense.

If coordinators really keep their prestige when they become a head coach, would this be something that could be changed through a patch? So they lose at least a letter grade going from being a coordinator to a head coach

I guess we'll find this out when the in-depth CC blog comes out

# 40 swisshusker @ 05/24/11 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
there is a limited amount of customization... shirt/sweater/suit etc.. and headgear/glasses type stuff. It's not that robust, but there are some.
Awesome! Lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.