Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mike10003 @ 05/27/11 07:40 PM
Nothing really noteworthy, other than confirming Gary and Bill are back for commentary. And the public PA voice blows.

# 2 BlueNGold @ 05/27/11 09:05 PM
Looks pretty good. Glad to finally see the Winter Classic in the game. I do wonder how it's going to be implemented into Be A GM though.

Also I'm fine with Gary and Bill returning for commentary. I just want better pronunciation of names and a hell of a lot more new lines. It would be nice to come close to something as dynamic as 2K has with MLB and NBA 2K.

# 3 Vikes1 @ 05/27/11 11:50 PM
Great to see this in for '12'.

I was just wondering though...with them showing it snowing as hard as it is, it's going to seem a bit off, if the snow doesn't pile up on the ice. But who knows...maybe it will?

# 4 SinisterAlex @ 05/28/11 12:28 AM
Same commentators.... that sucks.

# 5 TDKing @ 05/28/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Same commentators.... that sucks.
Be carefull what you wish for..lol I like Gary and Bill they just need to record alot more commentary IMO. The PA announcer he did kinda suck.

# 6 plaidchuck @ 05/28/11 11:10 AM
Really wish they didn't make a big deal of this. Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the winter classic anymore? Sure it's marginally good for the US market and the first one was cool, but the rest have been duds. Especially this year after all the 24/7 hype and then culminating in a crappy game.

# 7 ianlast @ 05/28/11 11:33 AM
I'm also curious how this will be implemented in Season/BAGM mode. Winter Classic next year will probably be played at Citizens Bank Park between Rangers and Flyers. So in the game, that match-up will be played at Heinz Field? That would be odd to say the least, although I guess it's better than not having it outdoors at all.

# 8 bwiggy33 @ 05/28/11 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
I'm also curious how this will be implemented in Season/BAGM mode. Winter Classic next year will probably be played at Citizens Bank Park between Rangers and Flyers. So in the game, that match-up will be played at Heinz Field? That would be odd to say the least, although I guess it's better than not having it outdoors at all.
No I'm pretty sure what will happen is it will be the same as in the other versions where the game will just be played at the home teams arena. So for NYR vs. PHI it will just be played a Wells Fargo Center like a normal game. The only thing that would change that is if EA made a DLC content available of a version of Citizens Bank for the Winter Classic. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this will not be implemented into BAGM. That is why this feature isn't as exciting as it could be. This feature will be cool after about one time and then it will feel like just another game unless there are more stadiums. I'm pretty sure they never said anything about adding Buffalo, Wrigley, and Fenway into the game either.

# 9 actionhank @ 05/28/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Really wish they didn't make a big deal of this. Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the winter classic anymore? Sure it's marginally good for the US market and the first one was cool, but the rest have been duds. Especially this year after all the 24/7 hype and then culminating in a crappy game.
I don't really care for it. Even if the Blues make it, it would only really be interesting to watch live.
I think it's kind of a waste of time game wise, but i understand some people wanted it.
I just thinks it's a lot of extra work for just one game...

# 10 Kaladesskel @ 05/28/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I don't really care for it. Even if the Blues make it, it would only really be interesting to watch live.
I think it's kind of a waste of time game wise, but i understand some people wanted it.
I just thinks it's a lot of extra work for just one game...
Hey If I have to keep spending $60 every year for a new NHL game, they better be implementing new things and doing extra work, lol.

# 11 actionhank @ 05/28/11 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
No I'm pretty sure what will happen is it will be the same as in the other versions where the game will just be played at the home teams arena. So for NYR vs. PHI it will just be played a Wells Fargo Center like a normal game. The only thing that would change that is if EA made a DLC content available of a version of Citizens Bank for the Winter Classic. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this will not be implemented into BAGM. That is why this feature isn't as exciting as it could be. This feature will be cool after about one time and then it will feel like just another game unless there are more stadiums. I'm pretty sure they never said anything about adding Buffalo, Wrigley, and Fenway into the game either.
I have heard that people think that they can't do baseball fields because 2K sports owns the rights to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaladesskel
Hey If I have to keep spending $60 every year for a new NHL game, they better be implementing new things and doing extra work, lol.
I agree. I just feel they could have worked on other things (Way more player faces) instead of texturing and modelling, then programming a whole new stadium and event.
I love new features, this one just doesn't appeal to me.

# 12 Kaladesskel @ 05/28/11 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I agree. I just feel they could have worked on other things (Way more player faces) instead of texturing and modelling, then programming a whole new stadium and event.
I love new features, this one just doesn't appeal to me.
That's true. All the players pretty much do look the same. But I like the Winter Classic, it's a unique thing to the sport, like when the NFL has a game in Europe. I'm not saying they should make a big deal out of it, cause its only one game of the year but it was requested a lot and at least EA is listening to their fans. But they should improve what's already there first, I do agree on that.

# 13 SinisterAlex @ 05/28/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Be carefull what you wish for..lol I like Gary and Bill they just need to record alot more commentary IMO. The PA announcer he did kinda suck.
I'm just sick of their voices. New lines won't do it for me. These guys are stale, and I don't even believe they commentate hockey anymore, but I could be wrong I live in Canada, so I don't know who commentates what down in the U.S

# 14 savoie2006 @ 05/28/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I'm just sick of their voices. New lines won't do it for me. These guys are stale, and I don't even believe they commentate hockey anymore, but I could be wrong I live in Canada, so I don't know who commentates what down in the U.S
Yeah, they don't do commentary anymore that I'm aware of. I've always liked them and would be happy with some fresh lines for them. I would be happy with Pang as a replacement though

# 15 SinisterAlex @ 05/28/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Yeah, they don't do commentary anymore that I'm aware of. I've always liked them and would be happy with some fresh lines for them. I would be happy with Pang as a replacement though
NOT DARREN PANG! I hate that guy when he's on TSN. No please :P Him and Pierre Mcguire, cannot stand those two guys haha.

# 16 Kaladesskel @ 05/28/11 04:19 PM
John Madden should do it

# 17 Kaladesskel @ 05/28/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Panger's ok in my book. I'm right with ya in regards to Pierre "douchecanoe" McGuire.
lol same. I like your pic btw.

# 18 SinisterAlex @ 05/28/11 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Panger's ok in my book. I'm right with ya in regards to Pierre "douchecanoe" McGuire.

I know this is slightly off topic, but watch this video of Mike Milbury losing it on Pierre haha, makes me laugh every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gvq8-IWHR4

# 19 ianlast @ 05/28/11 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
In the first preview video, Rammer said that you could play the Winter Classic "with your favorite teams", which makes me hold out hope that NYR vs. PHI would be played outdoors in Season/BAGM. It would be really cool if they made Citizens Bank available for DLC, but I'd settle for a generic outdoor stadium or even Heinz Field.

If the Winter Classic isn't playable in BAGM/Season, this is a useless feature for me. It's a cool showcase for the demo, and that's about it.

# 20 The Amaizen Blue @ 05/28/11 07:20 PM
John Forslund + Whoever, should do the commentary. I like Gary and Bill... A lot actually, but if they could switch every other year or something along the lines of that, it would be great.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.