Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 demo is available now for the 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday like never before with the NCAA Football 12 demo. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact by leading your team to victory. Play in two exciting match-ups as Alabama takes on Florida State and Oregon battles Texas. Get details on other great improvements to NCAA Football 12, and share the demo with a friend to unlock 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 fatleg3 @ 06/28/11 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlightning
Because being bedridden with tendonitis gives you a lot of free time:

OFFENSE
QB #3 E.J. Manuel
RB #23 Chris Thompson (Impact Player)
FB #24 Lonnie Pryor
LT #67 Andrew Datko
LG #73 Rhonne Sanderson
C #52 Bryan Stork
RG #79 David Spurlock
RT #77 Zebrie Sanders
TE #88 Beau Reliford
WR #83 Bert Reed
WR #84 Rodney Smith

DEFENSE
RE #49 Brandon Jenkins (Impact Player)
DT #55 Jacobbi Mcdaniel
DT #93 Everett Dawkins
LE #95 Bjoern Werner
LOLB #7 Christian Jones
MLB #11 Vince Williams
ROLB #13 Nigel Bradham (Impact Player)
CB #5 Greg Reid
CB #27 Xavier Rhodes
FS #10 Nick Moody
SS #4 Devonta Freeman
#4 is Terrence Parks. Devonta Freeman is playing running back

# 142 J-Unit40 @ 06/28/11 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I didn't get to play but about 2 quarters. How are the stat overlays? I didn't see many in my short time with the demo.
I saw two for QB s. McCarron and another for Thomas. Hard to judge because you are racking up big numbers in a demo unless you hit overtimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
We need commentary during the opening ceremonies!
I think it was left quiet for entrance custom sounds.

# 143 poopoop @ 06/28/11 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Maybe a dumb question, but how do know if you got the Pro Combat Jerseys? I got no email or nothing.
share the demo with someone, a screen will come up showing you the 5 you unlocked

# 144 xTeamHeat @ 06/28/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMr HIT STICKX
Garrett Gilbert is horrible. Wow.
Guess ill have to start Case

# 145 XMr HIT STICKX @ 06/28/11 10:51 AM
Just got beat 21-3 by Oregon. Wow. Garrett Gilbert is the worst QB in history, and that spread option was too tough to defend.

# 146 Redlightning @ 06/28/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
#4 is Terrence Parks. Devonta Freeman is playing running back
My mistake. The double #4s tripped me up.

# 147 WildeCane @ 06/28/11 10:56 AM
when i played against gilbert on heisman he threw the ball away at least 4 of every ten times ( i played like 3 games). wondering if this is an attribute working or if every qb will do this

# 148 NDAlum @ 06/28/11 10:57 AM
I'm up 21-14 with Bama over FSU with 1:00 remaining.

They take it to the house! Wait a sec...clipping call...on my user controlled kicker!

LOL

# 149 ACardAttack @ 06/28/11 10:58 AM
I like that the CPU called time out with 5 seconds left in the 3rd quarter...or in other words with 205 left in the game when they stopped me on 3rd down...Didnt see too many super LBs, but saw a two that stood out.

Saw way too many easy dropped INTs, also will we ever be able to return left or right on a kick off return??? It cannot be that hard to put in...there is kick left and right...but no return left and right

# 150 TDenverFan @ 06/28/11 11:00 AM
Great game!

Beat Bama 16-7, but my offense struggled.

I scored via:

Pick Six
(7-0)
Bama Hail Mary intercepted followed by a FG
(10-0)
Great Kick Return followed by a FG
(13-0)
Bama TD
(13-7)
Failed Bama Onside Kick followed by a FG
(16-7)

Crowd looks great, Defense is beter, 3D Grass is awesome, Great Game!

# 151 poopoop @ 06/28/11 11:06 AM
Game feels like NCAA 11 with a tuner set. Isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some things are improved but a lot of the issues we see year to year are still there.

-downfield blocking on runs is better.
-punt return blocking is better.
-QB is better about taking off. I had a play against oregeon though where i got pancaked, got up did a spin move and still managed to sack him. He did take off on one play but had a few others where he just sat there.
-3d grass isn't noticeable, no idea if it's even in the demo.
-already skipping past the pregame cutscenes.
-tackle button doesn't really seem important.

# 152 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 11:11 AM
Did they take out the offensive team looking to the sideline for the playcall animation? If not how do you trigger it?

# 153 Tully @ 06/28/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnSoufGaBoi
One word to describe this game, STALE!!!

-Intros will get boring after the first time seeing them.
-The game is just too familiar, I can play this game with my eyes closed, come'on guys a little innovation wont hurt!

Basically its the same old same old with some minor upgrades, lack of suction is good, the amped defense is good, the collision tackling is good too (hence, one of the commentators said something along the lines of 'what a collision!' after one of the collision tackles, I thought that was funny and lame), but not enough to make this game exciting or fresh.
I played just two games and I don't even feel like playing it anymore, because its just too familiar, feels like Ive been playing the same exact game for years.
Typical EA Sports

# 154 sportyguyfl31 @ 06/28/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMr HIT STICKX
second game, Alabama beats me 17-14. Heisman difficulty, and difficult it was. When I found the holes in coverage, I was rewarded, but believe me, I feel like I scored only 7 legitimate points, which is good. Played the NCAA 11 demo yesterday, put up 35 with ease, the same amount when the 11 demo FIRST came out. This, is a challenge, and man defense can be beat with good route combination. Just running 4 verts and hoping that a WR beats a DB will result in some bad things for you.

That's about 75% of what I need to hear/see.

I wont be able to get on until later though

# 155 Wildcats302 @ 06/28/11 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnSoufGaBoi
One word to describe this game, STALE!!!

-Intros will get boring after the first time seeing them.
-The game is just too familiar, I can play this game with my eyes closed, come'on guys a little innovation wont hurt!

Basically its the same old same old with some minor upgrades, lack of suction is good, the amped defense is good, the collision tackling is good too (hence, one of the commentators said something along the lines of 'what a collision!' after one of the collision tackles, I thought that was funny and lame), but not enough to make this game exciting or fresh.
I played just two games and I don't even feel like playing it anymore, because its just too familiar, feels like Ive been playing the same exact game for years.
Good, then we won't see you making another worthless post on this forum anymore either right? Thank you.

# 156 Catamount53 @ 06/28/11 11:16 AM
I like NCAA but I do have some problems with the demo. I was playing on AA.

-Bad Decisions by QBs. I played against Oregon and got 7 sacks many of those could have been prevented if the QB ran out of the pocket. I played against FSU and got 4 ints from bad passes thrown by the QB to well covered WRs.

Aggressive DBs. I scored on at least 3 deep balls because of DBs that were more worried about getting the int than knocking the ball down or making a tackle. I like that they react to the ball, but it needs to be tuned down some.

-Pregame Intro Commentary. I like that they put the traditions in the game, but they really need to have some commentary going on during it. To me its just boring watching those with the game pretty much quiet.

-Tackling Animations. The new tackling and collision system is great, but there are still legacy issues with awkward looking tackles.

-Stiff Arm. They really need to work on the stiff arm It should be much more effective and replace the spin move as the most effective ball carrier move.

# 157 AUChase @ 06/28/11 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Good, then we won't see you making another worthless post on this forum anymore either right? Thank you.
I'm not trying to be a ****, but you may want to tone it back a bit. People are entitled to their opinion and posts like that get you carded and start pointless arguments. I've been there and done that.. just trying to help.

# 158 illwill10 @ 06/28/11 11:19 AM
Just played it on someone's Xbox. I love it
I lost 10-3 against Florida State on AA. FSU called a Fake Punt in the 2nd Quarter and converted a big 4th down. I got a huge kick return to start the game. They pulled off a huge TD run to start the 3rd. I did get a huge pass off that help me get a FG. I never felt so good taking a L. I might play it later.

# 159 teammaxwell @ 06/28/11 11:20 AM
anyone else think the grass looks a little awkward? especially during the beginning segment of the game...

# 160 AUChase @ 06/28/11 11:21 AM
I'm going to download the 360 demo, while I wait for the PS3 demo to drop. I'll be getting it for PS3, but I like to make the comparisons between the two and I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.