Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 demo is available now for the 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday like never before with the NCAA Football 12 demo. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact by leading your team to victory. Play in two exciting match-ups as Alabama takes on Florida State and Oregon battles Texas. Get details on other great improvements to NCAA Football 12, and share the demo with a friend to unlock 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Watson @ 06/28/11 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck80
By the way, just out of curiosity and since I'm new here, I've noticed tons of people with NCAA pics and fandom.
That tends to happen in a College football forum

# 82 PioneerRaptor @ 06/28/11 09:27 AM
I played four games this morning and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

The dive catches are pretty awesome but there was some negative there as well. On one pass, the outside receiver on the right side of the field ran a post. I threw the ball to him and he made a beautiful diving catch, that was necessary, for the completion (User Controlled). Later on in the game, I threw the ball to the tight end and it went straight to him, no dive necessary, and he slowed down to dive anyways, allowing the Linebacker to pick it off (AI Controlled).

Play Action passes worked very well for me. The AI only hit me twice directly after the fake, one was a blitz, the other wasn't. However, I was able to use the play action several times successfully without having to rush the ball out.

Tackling was very much improved. It was nice being able to stop the running back short of the line and a stupid animation didn't start that carried him passed it for no reason. Also, broken tackles look much more realistic and fluid and the way tackles branch out is amazing.

I did not have a problem with Psychic DBs at all. I ran a few curl routes to test it out, and the defensive backs were not mirror images of the WRs.

# 83 DLowery @ 06/28/11 09:27 AM
Quote:
By the way, just out of curiosity and since I'm new here, I've noticed tons of people with NCAA pics and fandom. Just wondering how many other people graduated from the school that they are fans of on here (I got my undergrad from UK).
The humblebrag is in full effect.

# 84 w1ck80 @ 06/28/11 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
That tends to happen in a College football forum
Yeah, point taken. I was just using that to ask where everyone here went to school.

# 85 w1ck80 @ 06/28/11 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLowery
The humblebrag is in full effect.
Nice, humblebrag! I like that.

# 86 blkrptnt819 @ 06/28/11 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_By_Smiley
Anyone else think that Man to Man Defense is too good? The DBs are sticking the receivers like rubber cement.
No, I was getting open but I also was playing on AA instead of Heisman.

# 87 turftickler @ 06/28/11 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Howard
I agree that the psychic DB's is a huge issue that they should try to fix and if they can do it in a patch....damn!!!! this game will have great gameplay with the right slider set.
We shouldn't have to adjust the sliders. The game should play well out of the box. We should just have to get better at playing the game, not fix it so we enjoy playing it more.

Sounds broken to me. I'm downloading the video right now. I will have a video up later at TheSimStandard on youtube.com under the name TrueSimGamer. Be on the look out.

# 88 w1ck80 @ 06/28/11 09:35 AM
Does this game seem slightly faster to anyone else? I feel like, especially on defense, the players move a little quicker. I actually think it's more realistic and like it.

# 89 Arkavian @ 06/28/11 09:39 AM
How is returning punts in the demo? Do the blockers actually set up their blocks now? Can you actually return punts for decent yardage without having to cheese the computer and always use punt block?

# 90 Jistic @ 06/28/11 09:41 AM
I played almost a whole game. Enjoyed it, but the biggest problem is the game locked up between the 3/4th quarter. Well not locked up, the screen wipe for the highlight package stayed stuck on the screen, but the audio kept going and I could still hit buttons even though I coudn't see the play on the field. It was bizarre. Anyone else get this?

Other than that the thing that needs to be gone is the bail out incompletions. Every time there's about to be a sack the qb gets hit and the ball goes forwared 2 yards. Been going on in EA football for years.

# 91 J-Unit40 @ 06/28/11 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavian
How is returning punts in the demo? Do the blockers actually set up their blocks now? Can you actually return punts for decent yardage without having to cheese the computer and always use punt block?
They are noticeably better as well as the kick return game. I hated last year's return game and there is a good improvement in NCAA 12. One step closer to getting special teams in order.

Now they need to work on punt and kick blocks.

# 92 JoBo513 @ 06/28/11 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
We shouldn't have to adjust the sliders. The game should play well out of the box. We should just have to get better at playing the game, not fix it so we enjoy playing it more.

Sounds broken to me. I'm downloading the video right now. I will have a video up later at TheSimStandard on youtube.com under the name TrueSimGamer. Be on the look out.
I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of people who feel that it does play good out of the box and won't tweak the sliders. But everybody has their own version of ideal gameplay.

# 93 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavian
I've played 4 games, 2 on AA and 2 on Heisman and I've never seen a punt. Each drive either ended in a score or turnover, which is pretty lame.

# 94 DLowery @ 06/28/11 09:45 AM
Kind of a nitpicky question that would be answered if I waited until the demo dropped on PS3, but I am impatient.

I guess this is a question for FSU fans or people who know their rosters: how do the out-of-the-box rosters look for FSU? I know roster editors and stuff will get it right, but I'd love to see how EA came about this year.

For example: has Lamarcus Joyner (#20) been moved to safety? Is Xavier Rhodes (#27) starting at CB along with Greg Reid (#5)? I'd also love if someone could just list me the numbers of who is starting on FSU (since depth charts are not accessible)

I know its really tedious, but help a PS3, FSU guy out!!

Much love, community!

# 95 XMr HIT STICKX @ 06/28/11 09:45 AM
man coverage is very tight. I like it though, it's no unbeatable. I'm playing on Heisman, and I gotta say, i'm getting a good challenge.

# 96 w1ck80 @ 06/28/11 09:52 AM
Has it been possible to block a field goal for the past 6 or 7 years? Maybe it's just me...

# 97 BigBlue10989 @ 06/28/11 09:55 AM
Quote:
Has it been possible to block a field goal for the past 6 or 7 years? Maybe it's just me...
Seriously, I have been playing since '09 and have yet to see a field goal block. Anyways, it seems to me that zone defense has definitely improved. That was a concern for me but the devs stepped. The player models look great and so does the environment. My only problem is the CPU playcalling logic. The CPU will still kick 50+ yard field goals and ridiculous fake punts.

# 98 Dr Death @ 06/28/11 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMr HIT STICKX
man coverage is very tight. I like it though, it's no unbeatable. I'm playing on Heisman, and I gotta say, i'm getting a good challenge.
I've been playing on Heisman too and Man seems a bit overdone, hopefully sliders will improve this. I will also say this, the Bubble Screen has been worked on... the WR actually runs the Bubble better, instead of taking an hour and a half to run the route and start moving upfield. And whilst I am no Texas fan, Bevo looks awesome!

# 99 Thegame20130 @ 06/28/11 09:56 AM
Here is my opinion...Thoughts on this would be nice to see if anyone else is having these thoughts...I haven't played on anything but heisman

Pros-

Looks really nice

gang tackles and tackling in general is great

Have had success for a human running (as everyone has said)

CPU running game beasts on any overpursue (richardson went for 200 on 3 carries lol)

CPU zones are good..I just was trying to test the flats theory and boom pick 6...it was the best TD ive ever given up.

a 1 down lineman nickel is bad against the run...very happy to see that as well

the few PA passes ive ran after many runs have produced results but not enough testing on that

Cons-

PSychic DBs

A user D lineman could be too dominant. Use FSUs RE and just bull rush..get major sacks

Could be nano blitz issues, as I ran 3 zone blitz plays in a row (all different) and got 3 sacks...4th and 36...maybe they were great calls or maybe this may be an issue.

Ran a speed option with Gilbert..I forgot what play I ran, so I stood still when i said hut, cut up the middle and went untouched for 74 yards...not a good feeling at all

Ill keep reading everyones thoughts. Those are my impressions after 4 games

# 100 XMr HIT STICKX @ 06/28/11 09:57 AM
took 15 points in the 4th to win it 22-21. The Spread Option is gonna be one hell of an offense this year. Gameplay is similar to 11, but the tackling, better blocking makes it feel was more polished. Still wish there was more momentum, but I won't complain. Playbooks are different as far as scrolling through them, so that'll take some getting used to. Also, grass during gameplay looks the same as before lol. FSU/Alabama time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.