Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 demo is available now for the 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday like never before with the NCAA Football 12 demo. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact by leading your team to victory. Play in two exciting match-ups as Alabama takes on Florida State and Oregon battles Texas. Get details on other great improvements to NCAA Football 12, and share the demo with a friend to unlock 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 pistonica @ 06/28/11 07:51 AM
C'mon everybody...videos of you playin'...we ps3 want to see )...Someone?

# 42 plak89 @ 06/28/11 07:53 AM
I've been sh*tting myself for the last 2 hours scouring this thread for updates. It's 7 am here lol.

# 43 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 07:57 AM
Playaction has not resulted in automatic sack, love that part!

# 44 Cubfan @ 06/28/11 07:59 AM
Pros:
I had booth review on on a TD overturned after the replayed showed that the ball never crossed the line. It was correctly overturned. Texas (me)vs Oregon

Blocking on running plays was really good. Really good downfield blocking by the Oregon offensive line.

You can tell the diffrence between a good deffensive line and so so one. When i was playing as texas i sacked the Oregon QB twice and knocked the ball down as well. When i played as Oregon i would only get pressure if i blitzed.

The lines from the announcers was nicely varied. Erin Andrews kicked in some good lines after half time.

Didn't see as many balls being knocked down by LB's

Cons:

Seeing to many knock down of balls by CB.

Running plays from shotgun were blown up to often. I played on AA.

CPU defensive line go more pressure on me when it was Oregon then when i played as Oregon.

# 45 RColemanVT @ 06/28/11 08:03 AM
The CPU run game is very good. Though Bamas o-line was also getting synchronized pancakes on the snap which got annoying

# 46 Redlightning @ 06/28/11 08:04 AM
A few changes I noticed:

1) The spread running game works. Kenjon Barner just scored on a counter play from the shotgun, a play which would get blown up in the backfield 99% of the time.
2) The user doesn't need to control a DE to get pressure. Also, EA reduced the effectiveness of the user swim move, which is nice.
3) Small, quick RBs no longer have ridiculous tackle-breaking ability (or maybe this is because I haven't played as a bad team yet.)

# 47 Sublime12089 @ 06/28/11 08:06 AM
Opening Kickoff on my first game as Oregon on AA, ran it back pretty easily (#24). Hopefully an omen of success this year, but not something that is going to happen very often.

# 48 Tennessee @ 06/28/11 08:06 AM
There is a glitch with the playart if you scroll around on special teams. Someone around the 3rd or 4th set of plays it doesn't line up properly.

# 49 J-Unit40 @ 06/28/11 08:07 AM
HB Counter out of the gun works! Finally. Shotgun wing offset is even better for duck fans this year. The dive works very well as well as the read option where the mesh point is close to the LOS.

Loving the run game out of the shotgun.

# 50 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 08:09 AM
The PA announcer says things like "another Texas First Down!" which is really neat. The band has more songs, the drumlines sound better than years past.

# 51 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
HB Counter out of the gun works! Finally. Shotgun offset is even better for duck fans this year. The dive works very well as well as the read option where the mesh point is close to the LOS.

Loving the run game out of the shotgun.
Yes, for human it is great, but I haven't seen a zone read run successfully by the CPU yet.

# 52 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 08:12 AM
Pass rush looks good on both sides

# 53 BroMontana82 @ 06/28/11 08:13 AM
how's the CPU blitz? do you still get the all out blitz every 3rd and long leaving the slot receiver open for an easy big gain?

# 54 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 08:16 AM
Just started playing. I'm FSU playing Bama and on Bamas first play from scrimmage Trent Richardson takles it full yard!!! Half his OLine was out in front of him all the way to the end zone LOL!!!

I like th efact that you can choose to play the demo on Varsity, All-American or Heisman. That way you can get a feel of what will be the best level and what slider adjustments will need to be made when the game drops.

Kickoffs feel great so far. I have the feeling of at least being able to gain some yards past the 20 and with the right lane may be able to bust one.

On my first offensive series, my first play was a pass play. I dropped back with Manuel and he had enough time to lean over and tie his shoes and thenstand back upright and pass the ball. I can understand that against Lil Sisters Of The Poor...but not Bama!!!

Playing on Heisman!

I like the CPU passing game on Heisman. It doesn't feel cheap to me...at least not in the demo. The QB makes reads and checks down. He completes whats there but not all is completed. I hope the CPU passing game is like that in retail. I don't want to dumb the QB down with sliders.

# 55 Facts @ 06/28/11 08:16 AM
Youtube videos and the demo are 2 different things when I comes to presentation. This game looks nice.

The gameplay is a lot more fluid. Here are things I noticed about gameplay.

+ I can't do the miracle last second pitches anymore.
+ They finally have untimed downs
+ LB's don't jump like they're on the moon to bat down passes anymore
+ Loving the tackles. Smooth interactions between the bc and the tackler
+ CPU QB AI is much better at moving around.
+ Run blocking is way better at both levels, not just at the LOS like last year.
+ I see more double team blocks now. Nice.
+ Acceleration is a lot better than last year
- Agility isn't
- Zone defender slides around faster than in real life
- DB's still have trouble catching easy picks thrown right at them.

Looks like the most solid NCAA of this gen. Nice job guys

# 56 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 08:21 AM
Wow the CPU just recovered an onside kick!

# 57 huntt26 @ 06/28/11 08:31 AM
Really like how this demo feels, it plays a pretty good game of football.

On a bad note, the clock is broken again. If you run a hurry up, the clock isn't starting when the ref spots the ball. It waits until your players on offense are set.

# 58 jp7588 @ 06/28/11 08:32 AM
As others have said, downfield blocking looks nice. UT busted a 50 yd td run on me. They took it to the outside and i saw a couple linemen clear out guys at the second level, then the rb had a convoy of a couple wrs shielding him as he ran down the sideline to the end zone.

# 59 Tennessee @ 06/28/11 08:39 AM
Here's my take on the bad side of things.

- Can score at will unless on Heisman mode
- No huddle is still unrealistic and will be exploited in user games if it stays the same for release
- Four verticals inside slot receiver still god of getting open
- I had outside WRs run out of bounds and back in bounds to catch the ball on two separate deep passes
- I got a lot of pressure on the CPU just using three and four man fronts
- Hope the other stuff is awesome because gameplay is just NCAA 11.5

# 60 w1ck80 @ 06/28/11 08:42 AM
Just joined! Long time reader but finally joined! Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else playing the demo is having trouble adjusting to the playcalling scrolling up and down instead of side to side like last year. This is kinda throwing me off...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.