Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the top 6 wide receivers in the game.

Andre Johnson: 97
Larry Fitzgerald: 96
Roddy White: 96
Reggie Wayne: 95
Calvin Johnson: 93
Greg Jennings: 93

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ANDROMADA 1 @ 08/04/11 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Andro you would say Andre should be a 99

Larry's speed should be at least a 90, he isn't that slow.
Whats up King, long time. You know I gotta campaign Dre

# 62 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/04/11 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
1 Johnson 2 fitzgerald 3 megatron 4 marshall 5 white 6 wayne 7 welker 8 v jackson 9 bowe 10 rice maybe could put jennings here, and i see so many putting stats as a refernce well qb helps a lot, and jordan shipley owned everyone in the superbowl and i almost forgot that jennings was on there team bc the superbowl will be known as the shipley show, jennings had to be wide open to get the ball for most of his 4 catches, 1 wide open td pass, 1 wide open crtical 1st down late in the game, the only one he had where someone was near here was the td catch where he was hit by polomalu, everything else was jordan shipley this, jordan shipley that, i swear thats the only guy that caught a pass from rodgers, and when rodgers missed or he had a drop they stalled bc shipley wasnt doing everything, it was like jennings was there for the ride and not taking the show over like a top 6 wr like madden has him
Honestly, I can't even read this.

# 63 DeuceDouglas @ 08/04/11 03:02 AM
How's D. Bowe not getting any love?

# 64 bmj2k7 @ 08/04/11 03:07 AM
i have bowe at 9

# 65 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/04/11 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
How's D. Bowe not getting any love?
Same reason Brandon Lloyd isn't. It was one great year and Bowe has a pretty bad history of dropping passes.

# 66 MrSkagTrendy @ 08/04/11 04:54 AM
I will reiterate amongst this debate..WHERE is Brandon Marshall?!

# 67 Raw Energy @ 08/04/11 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Honestly, I can't even read this.
Come on man If you take your time you can. Its not that bad

# 68 Raw Energy @ 08/04/11 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I got brandon marshall in top 5

Andre
Fiztgerald
Megatron
Marshall
White

# 69 baller7345 @ 08/04/11 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
1 Johnson 2 fitzgerald 3 megatron 4 marshall 5 white 6 wayne 7 welker 8 v jackson 9 bowe 10 rice maybe could put jennings here, and i see so many putting stats as a refernce well qb helps a lot, and jordan shipley owned everyone in the superbowl and i almost forgot that jennings was on there team bc the superbowl will be known as the shipley show, jennings had to be wide open to get the ball for most of his 4 catches, 1 wide open td pass, 1 wide open crtical 1st down late in the game, the only one he had where someone was near here was the td catch where he was hit by polomalu, everything else was jordan shipley this, jordan shipley that, i swear thats the only guy that caught a pass from rodgers, and when rodgers missed or he had a drop they stalled bc shipley wasnt doing everything, it was like jennings was there for the ride and not taking the show over like a top 6 wr like madden has him
Dude...no just no.

First it was JORDY NELSON not Jordan Shipley.

Second Jennings may have only caught 4 passes but when you have 2 td's in a superbowl you're doing pretty good. As for the the catch where he was "wide open" you do know that there was a very good reason for that. If you would have seen some of the miked up shows about the superbowl you would know the reason he was so open was because Polomalu kept cheating to the inside seem route and Jennings noticed it. He proceeds to make Polomalu (sorry for the spelling) look foolish by running the corner route thus being wide open.

Oh yeah not to mention when it mattered most he made the biggest catch in the game in the seam to get the first down on 3rd and long.

If you take the stats of the last 4 years you see Jennings stacks up to any of them. I'm not saying he is the best in the league but he is most definitely elite.

# 70 OneWhitePanda @ 08/04/11 06:06 AM
In a way I agree. I would like to see less players in the 90s though...

# 71 ABR173rd @ 08/04/11 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the top 6 wide receivers in the game.

Andre Johnson: 97
Larry Fitzgerald: 96
Roddy White: 96
Reggie Wayne: 95
Calvin Johnson: 93
Greg Jennings: 93

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?
Roddy White is overrated at this point should be around a 92 93 max. I would say Reggie Wayne should be toned down a bit as well.

# 72 DeuceDouglas @ 08/04/11 07:33 AM
Quote:
Same reason Brandon Lloyd isn't. It was one great year and Bowe has a pretty bad history of dropping passes.
One good season? The guy has been productive since he entered the league while playing on some of the worst offenses in the league at the time. In reality, he doesn't have "bad" history of dropping passes and every year the guys that lead the league in drops are usually guys who have the most targets. Just because he's been near the top doesn't negate the fact that he has only gotten better since coming in as a rookie and had a breakout season last year with practically no other weapons on the receiving core other than Tony Moeaki.

# 73 boodahisthe1 @ 08/04/11 08:56 AM
Calvin Johnson is better than roddy & reggie..calvin, larry & andre should be 97/98 easy...

Andre Johnson - 98
Calvin Johnson - 98
Larry Fitzgerald - 97

Don get me wrong, Larry is a monster but Calvin can do everything Larry can, Calvin gets the edge bcuz he's 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier..still has the speed Larry has, the hands and can jump out of the gym/stadium....

# 74 at23steelers @ 08/04/11 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodahisthe1
Calvin Johnson is better than roddy & reggie..calvin, larry & andre should be 97/98 easy...

Andre Johnson - 98
Calvin Johnson - 98
Larry Fitzgerald - 97

Don get me wrong, Larry is a monster but Calvin can do everything Larry can, Calvin gets the edge bcuz he's 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier..still has the speed Larry has, the hands and can jump out of the gym/stadium....
Calvin has the greatest physical talent of any WR in the NFL. However, Larry is the better route runner and more consistent at catching the football.

# 75 Broncos86 @ 08/04/11 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I'd put B.Marsh in the top ten. Not top five.

# 76 IITuRkII @ 08/04/11 10:23 AM
Ok... Jennings and Megatron should NOT have the same rating. Megatron is better than Jennings.

# 77 TheAlter95 @ 08/04/11 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodahisthe1

Andre Johnson - 98
Calvin Johnson - 98
Larry Fitzgerald - 97

Calvin Johnson is quite a bit faster than larry fitzgerald, calvin ran a 4.35 forty yard dash and larry fitzgerald ran a 4.63, i know some say its overated but that much of a difference is obvious whos faster. even without that its easy to tell calvin is faster thus why hes much faster in madden

# 78 GlennN @ 08/04/11 10:35 AM
Man, Desean's agent won't like this one!

# 79 BlackJackRabbit @ 08/04/11 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So he's reaching but saying those WR's aren't capable of turning a bubble screen or short pass in to a long gain isn't?

Ok.
Are any of those WRs feared more when they get the ball in space ?

Quote:
You guys seem to have this under control lol
LOL, no they don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
@YeahthatGuy: Are you sure Fitzy's is only 52%. How would his be 4th best and Desean's the worst at 49%?
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...iving&rank=232

http://stats.nj.com/fb/leaders.asp?y...e=NFL&rank=232

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.a...e=NFL&rank=232

I wouldn't put too much stock into what they're saying about dropped passes. First, stats can tell many different stories depending on which ones you use and which ones you don't. If Desean's drop percentage is the league's worst, it's probably is due to the fact that he caught under 50 balls, and many of the passes thrown to him are long ( lower percentage type ) passes.

Another reason I wouldn't put too much stock into dropped passes is that Reggie Wayne ( who's is on that list) as well as one of the greatest TEs in NFL history in Tony Gonzales were among the leaders in drops last season. Bringing up Desean's drop percentage, when one of the players on the list ( that no one has disputed) is among the league leaders in drops last season, is merely a lame attempt to discredit Djax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah, and with that, enough said. Everyone thinks they know coverages and how teams play individual players. Off to ignore.
If you don't think that defenses roll coverage to Desean, then you're right, I don't need to say anything else.

# 80 ANDROMADA 1 @ 08/04/11 11:17 AM
Where does Vince Jackson stand? is he not an elite wr? I would have him graded better than a couple guys on that list I think. Can't say for sure though haven't seen too many chargr games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.