Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

According to the NHL 12 Facebook page, this is the "BIG" announcement.

Quote:
In the 1st NHL 12 producer video we promised a big announcement...well here it is: 'They're coming!'

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bolts_26 @ 08/08/11 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFuture
And what did I originally say?? I wrote that Florida was not the worst team in the league. So your agreeing with me??? Great! Welcome aboard lightning fan. BTW, good luck next year without Gagne.
You said the Panthers will be in playoff/near playoff position. They will not make it past 13th in the conference.

And thanks for wishing Tampa luck without Gagne. I know his 17 goals,concussions, and 5.5mil contract will be dearly missed here in Tampa.

# 42 sraczk2011 @ 08/08/11 10:58 PM
Quote:
Bjugstad, Markstrom, Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau
Quote:
Markstrom, Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau
Quote:
Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau
Quote:
Gudbranson, Grimaldi
Quote:
Grimaldi
You are aware he's 5'6", right? He's a better prospect for ministry than hockey.

# 43 13whitebread @ 08/08/11 11:11 PM
Lets just say that they had the Montreal Canadians centennial team 2 years running as if they are the only original six team with Stanley Cups. How about sharing the love EA Sports just don't mail it in new dialog on the play by play.

# 44 kelvinmak @ 08/09/11 12:38 AM
Yikes, I knew it won't be a game changer or anywhere close, but still, it's a little underwhelming. That's what the "change the way you'll play video games forever" thing is? Come on!

(pardon me, I just rewatched a whole season of Arrested Development)

# 45 tabulaRasa @ 08/09/11 02:29 AM
really...? lol

# 46 Pearly @ 08/09/11 06:29 AM
I for one am going to wait a on this one until they actually reveal ANYTHING about this feature before I make my mind up about whether to cheer or to boo. Though I gotta admit that the mere inclusion of legends will in no way change the way I play the game forever for all the modes. I suppose there's more to this than that but who knows, we'll see.

# 47 kyussmanchu @ 08/09/11 07:05 AM
I'm not gonna BOO or cheer anything. I'm just going to say that with the possible features that they could have added, this is a major "meh".
It's not something that I would even use as it really adds nothing to the game at all IMO. I mean I can create 99 OVR players myself so I fail to see the point of this as a BIG fancy new feature.

# 48 FBeaule04 @ 08/09/11 07:56 AM
Quote:
Thats quite an assumption implying that the Panthers will be the worst team in the league this year considering all of the moves they have made. PM me an apology at the end of the season when they finish between 7-10 in the conference. They are a middle of the road team with the best prospects in the NHL. Im sure you know who Bjugstad, Markstrom, Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau are though right?
I'll do, count on it. If the Panthers are higher than 12 in the East this year, it would be a surprise.

As far as prospect, no doubt the talent is there, but if they do it the Panthers way developing them, I'm affraid we might see another few Olesz, Weiss, Frolik and company!

# 49 Flyermania @ 08/09/11 08:15 AM
Ho hum. How will be able to tell if we're playing as Gretzky and Lemieux? After all, my 3rd and 4th liners can already do crazy unrealistic dekes...

# 50 gopher_guy @ 08/09/11 10:49 AM
I hope they do the ratings system like FIFA (Messi and Ronaldo are like 92 overall). Have all these "legends" guys in the 96-99 overall range, and then Crosby/Ovechkin at like 90-92.

They already somewhat do that. I think Ovechkin was a 95 in 11.

# 51 plaidchuck @ 08/09/11 11:50 AM
Yay another mode people will play once before heading to the EASHL for some cheese. How about they fix and improve the modes they have before adding more ad infinitum?

# 52 Biggs11 @ 08/09/11 11:59 AM
Very disappointed that this is the "big" announcement, especially based on the hype surrounding it. The only thing that would make something like this worthwhile would be doing what NBA2k12 is doing and recreate historic moments from the past. Otherwise, I don't see where this is going, unless the legends are intended for the EAUHL, which is really the only game mode I can see them having an impact on. I'm not going to be one of those guys that threatens not to buy the game like it means anything, but it's definitely the first year in a long time that I won't be racing to the store to buy it when it's released.

# 53 FBeaule04 @ 08/09/11 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs11
Very disappointed that this is the "big" announcement, especially based on the hype surrounding it. The only thing that would make something like this worthwhile would be doing what NBA2k12 is doing and recreate historic moments from the past. Otherwise, I don't see where this is going, unless the legends are intended for the EAUHL, which is really the only game mode I can see them having an impact on. I'm not going to be one of those guys that threatens not to buy the game like it means anything, but it's definitely the first year in a long time that I won't be racing to the store to buy it when it's released.
In a way, it's brilliant. We have no clue what's the extent of the Legends, so we're going to talk, speculate and try to find what it's all about.

What I don't like is that you said Big Announcement and when you show it, you only give us a teaser. Just like if a women would say : "When you'll see my body, it's going to change the way you see a woman." You wait a month or so, and when she shows up, you get to see her ankles.

No need to say that this kind of stuff from EA would light a fire under a gaz tank for many who are waiting for this announcement.

# 54 Fiddy @ 08/09/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Ho hum. How will be able to tell if we're playing as Gretzky and Lemieux? After all, my 3rd and 4th liners can already do crazy unrealistic dekes...
Also unless they give the legends actual cyber faces they will look like every teams 3rd and 4th liners.

That needs addressed next year IMO. Every player in the game that has played in the NHL should have their actual cyber face. No excuse as to why not in already IMO. Is it disk size issue? If so I wish they would address it.

# 55 mazinkaiser @ 08/09/11 02:48 PM
I wish they would bring back classic teams for every franchise. Playing your fave team against your friend's fave team offline was so much fun. This goes for all EA sports games.

# 56 ericromain @ 08/09/11 04:31 PM
Rammer said there was a big announcement that's going to change the way we play the game. We just got a somewhat ambiguous teaser trailer implying it involves legends. I suspect there's more to it than just including legends (something they did in NHL 09 & 10) I think we need to wait for the official announcement.

# 57 ChrisDanger @ 08/09/11 04:48 PM
Absolutely nothing about legends in any way, shape, or form is going to change the way I play the game.

Comparing Gretz to Crosby..........ooooh exciting.

# 58 Money99 @ 08/09/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDanger
Absolutely nothing about legends in any way, shape, or form is going to change the way I play the game.

Comparing Gretz to Crosby..........ooooh exciting.
If they did it like NBA2K where the legends were rated different (and in comparison to their era) I would love it.

In NBA2K11, a legend from the early 70's is going to seem slow to someone of today.
The same should be said of hockey.
I love Wayne, but his era was a lot slower than what we see today. It'd be hilarious to see how the '84 Oilers matchup against the 2011 Panthers.
That Oilers team was dominant, but they were still skating in mud compared to even the worst team today.

# 59 ChrisDanger @ 08/09/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
If they did it like NBA2K where the legends were rated different (and in comparison to their era) I would love it.

In NBA2K11, a legend from the early 70's is going to seem slow to someone of today.
The same should be said of hockey.
I love Wayne, but his era was a lot slower than what we see today. It'd be hilarious to see how the '84 Oilers matchup against the 2011 Panthers.
That Oilers team was dominant, but they were still skating in mud compared to even the worst team today.

I don't play basketball games. They bore me, much like the NBA. Make Legends a VS gimmick or for those guys who play online.

Alot of people around here play offline BeAGM because its the only playable mode. A lot of people want realism and having this in all modes (which we don't know yet) takes away from the realism of the GM experience.

The only way it'll make me change the way I play is when I start and stick all of the legends in the DEL.

# 60 Vikes1 @ 08/09/11 06:08 PM
I suppose it is too early to be disappointed about this, with really no info on what this will be all about. But I sure am tempted to be.

As a 95% GM mode player, the Legends will have no place in the game for me, for the vast majority of my time with the game. Maybe I'm just being selfish...but this being the "Big" thing, at least seems like something I'll get very little use out of. And like some others have eluded to, I also think there's so many other areas of the game that the resources [dev time] could have been put to better use. Jmo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.