Home
NHL 12 News Post

The Canadian Press has posted this NHL 12 video, showcasing a few glimpses of the game in action. The video was taken during an NHL 12 promo with Steven Stamkos and Jeremy Roenick.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FBeaule04 @ 08/19/11 11:30 AM
It's not easy to see many things since the gameplay clips are short, but I have to say I found the "Legends" logo to be real nice at center-ice. The new Lightning jersey looks pretty nice too.

I'll have to wait for the demo, but the feel I have from the action I saw in that clip was that I wouldn't have been able to say if it's NHL 11 or NHL 12 if I didn't know before seeing it.

# 2 gopher_guy @ 08/19/11 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
It's not easy to see many things since the gameplay clips are short, but I have to say I found the "Legends" logo to be real nice at center-ice. The new Lightning jersey looks pretty nice too.

I'll have to wait for the demo, but the feel I have from the action I saw in that clip was that I wouldn't have been able to say if it's NHL 11 or NHL 12 if I didn't know before seeing it.
Well, to be fair, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell the difference between 2 consecutive years of a sports game. Especially when what you have to judge from is about 30 seconds of a camera filming a TV that the game is being played on.

# 3 adayinthelife @ 08/19/11 11:46 AM
Quote:
Same here unfortunately. Granted, there was only about 15 seconds of decent footage there.

# 4 FBeaule04 @ 08/19/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Well, to be fair, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell the difference between 2 consecutive years of a sports game. Especially when what you have to judge from is about 30 seconds of a camera filming a TV that the game is being played on.
Wrong gopher. I could do it with Madden 11 and 12, the changes are just obvious. Same with MLB 2K10 and MLB 2K11.

By the way, it's not a critic against EA. The way the game shows isn't a problem for me, I like the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That aspect of the NHL game is fine for me, there's other area to work on.

# 5 adayinthelife @ 08/19/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Wrong gopher. I could do it with Madden 11 and 12, the changes are just obvious. Same with MLB 2K10 and MLB 2K11.

By the way, it's not a critic against EA. The way the game shows isn't a problem for me, I like the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That aspect of the NHL game is fine for me, there's other area to work on.
Agreed. Even though there are seemingly millions of haters, one could probably tell the difference between each Madden of this generation.

Thankfully, even though there are a bunch of things that bug me about this series, it's built on a much better foundation. At this point we can only hope that the game does indeed FEEL different when you're playing - something that maybe can't be seen just by watching, and that's the reason they're not showing any clips.

To be honest my faith in that is waning at this point, but hopefully we'll all be surprised.

# 6 gopher_guy @ 08/19/11 12:00 PM
Quote:

But in a different year, 10 to 11, the changes aren't as obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqJrdp8MqUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7oGDGsVT8

Haven't learned how to embed yet.

# 7 stew514 @ 08/19/11 06:15 PM
Easy way for me to tell was watching the skating animations in one of the short gameplay sequences.

# 8 Vikes1 @ 08/19/11 06:19 PM
Thanks for posting this, Jeremy.

This year...ya gotta take what you can get for videos.

JR looks nearly as intense playing with a controller in his hand, as he was with a stick!

# 9 Lordofthething @ 08/19/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
So you get a Legends team, meaning there's 4 lines and 3 d-pairs and 2 goalies.

They announced 9 legends, who fills up the rest of the team then?
That's what I was wondering...I would rather they have legend TEAMS, would love to play the 85 Oilers against other legendary teams.

# 10 plaidchuck @ 08/20/11 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
That's what I was wondering...I would rather they have legend TEAMS, would love to play the 85 Oilers against other legendary teams.
Same here, classic teams for every franchise in the league right now.. from the panthers to the canadiens.

# 11 mikko1995 @ 08/20/11 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
So you get a Legends team, meaning there's 4 lines and 3 d-pairs and 2 goalies.

They announced 9 legends, who fills up the rest of the team then?
In the video you could see Crosby and H. Sedin sitting to the bench at the start of some period. So my guess is they fill them out with the best players of today.

# 12 jyoung @ 08/21/11 05:05 PM
That's a lot of hair gel for one couch to handle.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.