Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Da_Czar checks in with a report for Sim Nation. Check out his most recent article, discussing how he helped the NBA 2K12 team with an assist from the OS community.

Quote:
Before I left for 2K I combed through OS and 2K's forums and read, started or inquired into already established threads about what the Nation was interested in. It was fun as well as challenging to solicit feedback from those who had no idea they might end up contributing directly to the making of NBA 2K12.

Some leaped at the chance unknowingly, to their own benefit. While others, amazingly, passed on the opportunity like Rondo does open jumpers at crunch time.

While I can’t and won’t say what all has been added or adjusted to the game as a direct result of your input and analysis. I will say this. Practically everything I had on my list was either already worked on, fixed on the spot, or improved upon as much as was possible at that stage in the development cycle.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LingeringRegime @ 09/02/11 05:38 PM

This is what OS is all about. Great day for this site.

Quote:
It was an amazing experience to witness the translation of community feedback into tangible improvements in the game. To say 2k does not care or listen to its fans is not only a fallacy. It's almost offensive.
Quote:
We all know that we are a passionate but admittedly niche community. What does it say then about 2k that in a year with no competition thy would pull out all the stops and give our community, THE Sim Nation a seat at the table ?

# 2 texasgmr @ 09/02/11 05:42 PM
Incredible! Great job Czar! Kudos also to OS!

# 3 jr2424 @ 09/02/11 05:46 PM
Great read. So glad they gave Czar the chance to speak for us. From what I saw, Czar has really helped the game. 2k was really smart to get him in there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 4 23 @ 09/02/11 05:47 PM
Cant stop smiling lol

# 5 RedSceptile @ 09/02/11 05:47 PM
I love you.

# 6 iLLmatic @ 09/02/11 05:48 PM
A lot can be learned by tapping into the fan base to get feedback if your willing to listen. A lesson that can be learned by some of those Extremely Arrogant companies out there. And this is after 2K was coming off of a critically acclaimed game from last year. Thanks Czar for speaking for the community who sometimes feel like we have no voice when some of these companies act like they could careless about the feelings of their consumers.

# 7 Goffs @ 09/02/11 05:50 PM
HAH! So that's how you were able to pitch the idea to have Kevin Johnson as a legend so we can have the 93 Suns ingame

Great read! I look forward to more insights!

# 8 mreyes930 @ 09/02/11 05:50 PM
Great read. SimNation's in the building!!! haha. I remember Czar saying that he was waiting for a specific announcement to be made. I'm sure he left his fingerprints all over that mode and we will enjoy every aspect of it. Oct. 4 just got a little further away.

# 9 miraiii @ 09/02/11 05:51 PM
please tell them to use PHYSICS in their games...PLAYER IMPACT ENGINE anybody???

# 10 Muzyk23 @ 09/02/11 05:52 PM
yes, we can

# 11 JWiLL02 @ 09/02/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraiii
please tell them to use PHYSICS in their games...PLAYER IMPACT ENGINE anybody???
In what world does this game not contain physics? They have some of the best ball and player physics around.

If you're hoping for real time physics like the Euphoria engine, you're going to need to wait until at least the next generation of consoles.

# 12 texasgmr @ 09/02/11 06:24 PM
GREAT STUFF! This is what OS is all about! Great job Czar and OS!

# 13 Mos1ted @ 09/02/11 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraiii
It's been said on various sources that player collision has been greatly improved to incorporate a player's weight and momentum when coming in contact with another player. Is it a no-holds barred physics system? Not in the literal sense, but it will do.

# 14 Mr_Riddick @ 09/02/11 07:19 PM
'THIS IS BIG NEWS FOR OS' IMO. We all know the attention we get from developers, but for a company like vc/2k to value our opinion, well.. It just opens opens other doors as fat as feedback is concerned. Depending on the success of 2k12, other developing companies will have no choice BUT to value our opinions. Besides the fact this us a huge stepping stone for our very own Da_Czar. Man this is HUGE!

# 15 Control-X @ 09/02/11 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
HAH! So that's how you were able to pitch the idea to have Kevin Johnson as a legend so we can have the 93 Suns ingame
what happened to this idea by Da_Czar? was it almost close to being realized?

# 16 Epiffani @ 09/02/11 07:34 PM
Whoa, hold up... Czar retired from O.S? That's news to me (unfortunate news). I haven't even checked out the latest insight as of yet, but I will say that it's nice to get an idea of 2K's mentality when it comes to developing this game. It just confirms what I had suspected all along & that is that they give 'balls to the wall' effort with each iteration and development cycle; I mean a game simply doesn't look this way overnight (NBA 2K12). There's always going to be problems and annoyances that arises sooner or later as I play an NBA 2K game, but now with a lot good faith, I now know the problems aren't in the game simply from a lack of effort or from a long term plan that doesn't have any impact on the game that I'm currently playing at the moment.

Man that was a good read, and there's no other guy that I would've rather have had at the table for being the ears, eyes, and the mouthpiece of this community (sim). The name really says it all, but Czar is quite simply THAT dude.

# 17 Goffs @ 09/02/11 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
what happened to this idea by Da_Czar? was it almost close to being realized?
nah..they wouldn't go for it...he even tried to pitch Tom Chambers as a legend lol

# 18 SwagDoc101 @ 09/02/11 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
In what world does this game not contain physics? They have some of the best ball and player physics around.

If you're hoping for real time physics like the Euphoria engine, you're going to need to wait until at least the next generation of consoles.
i always here people talking that 2k needs this euphoria physics engine to make their game better which i do not agree...anything is possible so maybe it can make the physics better but i would hate for 2k to spend a year using that engine and destroy the game in the process...

i know nothing about the developing process of a game from year to year...so my question for any one to answer is. is it even possible for 2k to develope a new title on a whole new engine in a year time without comprimising any aspect that already make it a great game?

# 19 Mos1ted @ 09/02/11 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagDoc101
i always here people talking that 2k needs this euphoria physics engine to make their game better which i do not agree...anything is possible so maybe it can make the physics better but i would hate for 2k to spend a year using that engine and destroy the game in the process...

i know nothing about the developing process of a game from year to year...so my question for any one to answer is. is it even possible for 2k to develope a new title on a whole new engine in a year time without comprimising any aspect that already make it a great game?
I believe this should answer your question:

# 20 kpax1º1 @ 09/02/11 08:34 PM
Big BIG props for Czar and 2Ksports. That was a great read.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.