Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SGMRock @ 09/06/11 11:44 AM
I would be interested to know when these attributes were pulled from in their careers. I mean Yzerman before his knee was blasted into a goal post was a much faster skater than 85, even after he was a faster skater than 85. He didn't really lose a step until the later 90's. In his prime I think he was a better player than Crosby is now but he is a 92 and Crosby is a 94 overall.

Oh well just my opinion. I hope you can edit these guys because honestly how can Gretzky not be a 99 overall or even Mario for that matter. I'm thinking those 2 should be 99's and Yzerman around a 95-96 as he was the best center behind those 2 when they were all playing together during the mid 80's early 90's

# 2 JsMcbain @ 09/06/11 11:58 AM
Thanks!!

Do you know the Overall for Patrick Roy?

I think their HUT cards start at a lower overall though so we have to train them as per some earlier videos I saw.

# 3 ChaseB @ 09/06/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMcbain
Thanks!!

Do you know the Overall for Patrick Roy?

I think their HUT cards start at a lower overall though so we have to train them as per some earlier videos I saw.
Oh crap I didn't do Roy did I? I'll snag his rating in a couple minutes.

# 4 DocKnowsBest @ 09/06/11 12:33 PM
Those ratings are crap. Gretzky is definitely a 99 overall. He's the greatest ever, hands down. No argument. And Sid the Whimp over Stevie Y?! That's a big joke.

# 5 Al_Tito13 @ 09/06/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Oh crap I didn't do Roy did I? I'll snag his rating in a couple minutes.
Yeah, goalies are missing in your ratings videos, but that's not a big deal. Thanks once again for your great work so far, really appreciated!

For JsMcbain, Patrick Roy is 95.

# 6 steinhauser34 @ 09/06/11 03:41 PM
mario lemieux rated as better than Gretzky u gotta be kidding me. these ratings are hore ****

# 7 JsMcbain @ 09/06/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Yeah, goalies are missing in your ratings videos, but that's not a big deal. Thanks once again for your great work so far, really appreciated!

For JsMcbain, Patrick Roy is 95.
Thanks a lot!

# 8 FBeaule04 @ 09/06/11 03:59 PM
EA almost created a first in the sports game industry!

A guy with a lower overall than his age! (Howe is 83 with a 91 ov).

# 9 24 @ 09/06/11 04:48 PM
Why Gordie Howe is rated a 99 is beyond me. the same goes for Gretzky

# 10 cyborgdholliday @ 09/06/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I would be interested to know when these attributes were pulled from in their careers. I mean Yzerman before his knee was blasted into a goal post was a much faster skater than 85, even after he was a faster skater than 85. He didn't really lose a step until the later 90's. In his prime I think he was a better player than Crosby is now but he is a 92 and Crosby is a 94 overall.

Oh well just my opinion. I hope you can edit these guys because honestly how can Gretzky not be a 99 overall or even Mario for that matter. I'm thinking those 2 should be 99's and Yzerman around a 95-96 as he was the best center behind those 2 when they were all playing together during the mid 80's early 90's

Yzerman in his prime, was better than Crosby is now. Yzerman would have won several more awards if it weren't for the two freaks of nature in the league. Assuming Crosby is a 94, Yzerman is at least a 95. Also, Bourque is also way too low, a top 5 defenseman of all time, tied with Chara? Bourque should be the highest rated defenseman in the game. And the 6 time Hart winning Gordie Howe only being a 91? Terrible.

# 11 Donovan @ 09/07/11 08:27 AM
If EA wants legends to be rated in accordance with the ratings they use on players currently they should all have been between 95-99. If they revamped the system so that the best in the league were 91-92 only, and only a handful of guys cracked 90 at all, then these ratings would make sense.

# 12 alifeincomplete @ 09/07/11 09:11 AM
If they want to utilize the same rating system, Gretzky should seriously be like 147 OVR while Ovechkin and Crosby are in the 90's. How one can compare them in their primes is impossible, but to say they're even close is denying how remarkable Gretzky really was.

I still think this Legends addition is stupid.

# 13 Donovan @ 09/07/11 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
If they want to utilize the same rating system, Gretzky should seriously be like 147 OVR while Ovechkin and Crosby are in the 90's. How one can compare them in their primes is impossible, but to say they're even close is denying how remarkable Gretzky really was.

I still think this Legends addition is stupid.
You know what, you're right. Try scoring 215 pts or 92 goals with the 97 overall rated Gretzky they give us. They need a whole new scale for a guy like him, even Mario to be fair. Although I do like the ***** footing around by making them both 97...

# 14 zboy99 @ 09/07/11 04:00 PM
why is gretzky not 99ovr?

# 15 plaidchuck @ 09/07/11 04:06 PM
Well you can';t be surprised.. we all knew this was a silly last minute add on to begin with. A few cyberfaces and some arbitrary stats and boom! A new mode.

# 16 cyborgdholliday @ 09/08/11 09:46 AM
I for one don't think the addition of legends was silly at all. It's a little silly to only have 9, and I'm not personally annoyed with Gretzky's and Lemieux's ratings because they're still the highest in the game. I only hope it's improved upon.

# 17 Scarbro73 @ 09/14/11 05:30 PM
Why are you people upset over completely arbitrary numbers? I'm more upset by the fact that the skill attributes don't even do anything! My 90 speed guys and 65 speed guys feel exactly the same speed! The players are all alike so it doesn't matter anyways!

# 18 Babych44 @ 09/14/11 05:52 PM
Gretzkys shot power 94 Maybe 82 for wrist and 83 for slap shot would be closer..He did not have powerful shot, accurate yes..

# 19 lsalas76 @ 09/15/11 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgdholliday
I for one don't think the addition of legends was silly at all. It's a little silly to only have 9, and I'm not personally annoyed with Gretzky's and Lemieux's ratings because they're still the highest in the game. I only hope it's improved upon.
I like the inclusion of legends but to me its kind of silly being able to put these legends on current teams and looks like some of their ratings should be better. Why not include historic teams though like in NBA 2k12. NHL 2k7 had historic teams too. I hope we get historic teams in NHL 13.

# 20 Yzermanfan @ 10/04/11 10:27 PM
I believer Lemieux and Gretzky should both be 99 too. And Yzerman at least 95. Above any player in the game today for sure. But even more importantly, why the **** is he labelled as a one way player? Arguably the best or one of the best 2 way players in the game right there... unless the 1-ways and 2-ways mean something else that im not getting?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.