Home
News Post

The NFL season is almost here and we've decided (with the help of other OS'ers) that we need an OS NFL Pick 'Em and Survival pool, with prizes!
  • Only one first prize winner, per contest.
  • Only one entry per person, don't create multiple accounts (or you will be banned)
The winner of each contest receives 3 games of choice (Not over $59.99 each). If you know your stuff, you could win 6 games. (Math computed by Millennium).

Click the following links to sign up! Everyone is invited (except for banned users), good luck.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival (Some of you may have already signed up for this, via the Chaos81 thread).

Group #: 20871
Pass: OSftw

Group #: 27497
Password: OSftw

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Group #: 57727

Group #: 61028

Member Comments
# 21 da ThRONe @ 09/07/11 01:20 PM
How many players are allowed per game? Whatever it is clearly isn't enough. Maybe it should be moved somewhere else?

# 22 eamuscatuli15 @ 09/07/11 01:30 PM
guess i should have checked earlier...groups are full! just wasn't that thrilled to log onto OS today cause as i thought still no patch for NCAA 12

# 23 Dame @ 09/07/11 01:35 PM
We need another group or something

# 24 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Maybe it should be moved somewhere else?
Do you know of a place that does survival pools and allows a bunch of people to join?

ESPN has one, but their pool isn't the same as they allow you to continue picking even if you miss a pick. That's why I set the Yahoo one up to begin with, not realizing that it had a limit of 100 people.

# 25 Dame @ 09/07/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Do you know of a place that does survival pools and allows a bunch of people to join?

ESPN has one, but their pool isn't the same as they allow you to continue picking even if you miss a pick. That's why I set the Yahoo one up to begin with, not realizing that it had a limit of 100 people.
Cant you just set up 2 groups on yahoo and make sure people dont sign up twice

# 26 da ThRONe @ 09/07/11 01:54 PM
Quote:

No unfortunately I don't. Maybe we should start another and the winners from both sides can compete here at OS. Following that small group should be easier.

# 27 WahooPro @ 09/07/11 02:06 PM
We definately should get a 2nd group going

# 28 lilbiggio @ 09/07/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame
Cant you just set up 2 groups on yahoo and make sure people dont sign up twice

Quote:
No unfortunately I don't. Maybe we should start another and the winners from both sides can compete here at OS. Following that small group should be easier.

this... except you'd have to divide the players evenly so one league doesn't have 100 people and the other has 50.

If you just make the second one for fun though, then that's cool too, and we can get the ball rolling on that soon. Not too much time left at this point before the season starts.

# 29 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 04:27 PM
Okay, here's what we're going to do. I've created a second survival group (And more if we need them). However, what will probably end up happening is the groups will end at different times. If that happens, and we still have people who are active, we're going to do things manually on OS just for that group. I'll be in charge of that when we get to it.

Any questions, just ask.

Second OS survival pool group. If you've already signed up for the earlier one, DO NOT sign up for this one. This is only for people who didn't get into the first one.

Passoword: OSftw

# 30 da ThRONe @ 09/07/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Okay, here's what we're going to do. I've created a second survival group (And more if we need them). However, what will probably end up happening is the groups will end at different times. If that happens, and we still have people who are active, we're going to do things manually on OS just for that group. I'll be in charge of that when we get to it.

Any questions, just ask.

Second OS survival pool group. If you've already signed up for the earlier one, DO NOT sign up for this one. This is only for people who didn't get into themselves first one.

Passoword: OSftw
Don't forget about the pick'em game either. Couldn't get into that one.

# 31 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 05:03 PM
Here's the second Pick 'Em group. Again, if you joined the first one, do not join this one. If needed, I'll setup another group. Just post here to let me know when/if this one fills up.

Group #: 61028

# 32 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 05:03 PM
Quote:
Don't forget about the pick'em game either. Couldn't get into that one.
Yeah, I remembered, I was waiting to hear back from, Steve on something.

# 33 SouthernBrick @ 09/07/11 05:22 PM
So if you joined before the password got changed are you still in?

# 34 SPTO @ 09/07/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Yep, I had no problems getting back into the survival pool after making a change on my picks and I think that was after the password change.

# 35 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Yes. If you're worried about not being in anymore, just go to Yahoo and check, you'll be able to see if you're still in.

# 36 da ThRONe @ 09/07/11 06:50 PM
I'm still getting errors for the pick'em game.

# 37 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
I'm still getting errors for the pick'em game.
What error? You're in the second one as far as I can tell.

# 38 Jlhmoose81 @ 09/07/11 07:19 PM
Good luck everyone! I just joined and now I have something to look forward to besides the Bears playing weekly. I tried to join a yahoo public fantasy league but it seems every league is auto pick even if it's listed as a live draft. Win or lose the whole point of fantasy is to pick your team IMO.

# 39 bballdude17 @ 09/07/11 07:49 PM
I think the second group should still be in the running for the prize. All you have to do is compare the winner of the two separate groups, And if there is a tie then they should be notified to see if they are members of OS..
Then we should have some sort of tiebraker.

Also is it possible to make the group larger and git rid of these ones, that way everyone can join

# 40 Chaos81 @ 09/07/11 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Yeah..I got an error on the 61028 group. It says...

• "There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
  • This is not a private group. (Error #147)"
Hmm. Not really sure what's going on, as it's setup the same way the first one is. I guess just keep trying and hope it works. I'll look around and see if I can figure out what the problem might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballdude17
I think the second group should still be in the running for the prize. All you have to do is compare the winner of the two separate groups, And if there is a tie then they should be notified to see if they are members of OS..
Then we should have some sort of tiebraker.

Also is it possible to make the group larger and git rid of these ones, that way everyone can join
Don't worry, the second group is in the running for the prize.

Unfortunately it's not possible to create one big group. Yahoo has a limit on the number of people who can join, and they were the only website I could find that had the rules we wanted for the survivor pool.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.