Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

With the NBA 2K12 demo arriving tomorrow, 2K Sports sent us these OS exclusive screenshots, showing the controls. This will definitely be helpful when playing the demo tomorrow.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Vast @ 10/05/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I have mixed feelings on the post game so far. I loved it in 2K11 and I'm hoping they didn't change things for the sake of change in 2K12. The addition of the "aggressive backdown" is great.

Dribbling/jump shots/layups are still very similar to 2K11 thankfully so those are easy to pick up.
What?? The post game in 2k12 is miles better than 2k11. Its the biggest improvement in the game IMO. The lack of Post defense was easily the biggest flaw in 2k11. Huge improvement was provided for 2k12 in every facet of the post game.

# 102 ehh @ 10/05/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
What?? The post game in 2k12 is miles better than 2k11. Its the biggest improvement in the game IMO. The lack of Post defense was easily the biggest flaw in 2k11. Huge improvement was provided for 2k12 in every facet of the post game.
I'm only referring to the offensive controls, hence posting in this thread.

# 103 chinkiwinki @ 10/07/11 05:10 AM
How do you call for screens while you are moving offball???

# 104 chinkiwinki @ 10/07/11 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
What's the difference between the two different spin-to-baseline moves while posting up? While posting up, you move the L-stick towards the baseline, and you press Y for one, and RT for the other. But both result in the same move - spinning toward the baseline in an attempt to get a dunk or layup. Can someone explain this?
RT is for when you are further away

# 105 yossihaz1 @ 10/07/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzleman
How do you do bank shots ?
perform one of the shots that's in the game
the second you need to release the ball , pull the right stick quickly to the opposite side
better try it in 45 degrees angle
good luck

# 106 Vni @ 10/08/11 02:42 AM
Any tips on how to do the double shimmy on the post? It should be easy but I can't do it for some reasons.

# 107 Quillen32 @ 10/08/11 04:54 PM
How do you execute the Dream Shake?

# 108 tikyle @ 10/08/11 11:41 PM
I've pulled it off once but if I tell you how.....I've got to kill you!

Update: I've mastered it. Tried to upload the video but it seems the HP media share thing isn't up right now!

# 109 Vni @ 10/10/11 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikyle
I've pulled it off once but if I tell you how.....I've got to kill you!

Update: I've mastered it. Tried to upload the video but it seems the HP media share thing isn't up right now!
Are you talking about the double shimmy? Would be nice because I can't pull it off.

# 110 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 10/11/11 12:55 PM
Is there any way to disengage when a defender locks you into an animation in the paint? I've gotten called for 3 seconds twice now in one game in My Player because I try to run the play and a defender cuts me off as I'm crossing the paint and I just can't move anymore.

# 111 dezzy8 @ 10/11/11 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Is there any way to disengage when a defender locks you into an animation in the paint? I've gotten called for 3 seconds twice now in one game in My Player because I try to run the play and a defender cuts me off as I'm crossing the paint and I just can't move anymore.
Man that happens way too often. As soon as the defender touches you, he bumps you and it happens over and over again.

# 112 madmax17 @ 10/16/11 08:14 AM
How do you pull of the dream shake with Olayuwon?

# 113 Millennium @ 10/16/11 01:51 PM
I finally have most of the dribble, flick-flick, and post moves to where I want them. Bunch of hours in practice mode. That being said, Charlie Villaneuva pulled a move on me that I can only reproduce in practice mode very randomly.

Middle of the paint: He pump faked while facing the basket, then pivot spin to his left into a shot.

What I recreated (with Garnett) is a post up from the low block, fake shot driving the lane (using the RT flick to the basket) then spin back to the baseline into a layup. I can do this about 20% of the time (the rest of the time it turns into the up and under).

Can anyone tell me how to do the face-up pump fake into a spin?

# 114 tksr#1 @ 10/19/11 07:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYQjpdJTbU

look at minute 1.25

how do I do a double dribble like this?

LT + right stick for sure, but two dribble in that way?

thx

# 115 marianol @ 10/19/11 05:30 PM
wow, cool post !

# 116 bakesalee @ 10/19/11 10:29 PM
How do you perform a hook shot around the key (a center, Magic Johnson, etc.)? I know you hold the shot stick away from the basket but I'm rarely getting hooks. I'm mostly getting an awkward pause from motion that turns into a stand still and an inappropriate set shot.

# 117 Vni @ 10/20/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
How do you perform a hook shot around the key (a center, Magic Johnson, etc.)? I know you hold the shot stick away from the basket but I'm rarely getting hooks. I'm mostly getting an awkward pause from motion that turns into a stand still and an inappropriate set shot.
Hi, actually to do hooks you have to aim it right or left TOWARDS the basket. Away will mostlikely perform a fadeway. What you seem to also do wrong and that's why you oftenly get this animation is that you're not aiming at the right/left enough. I suggest you try to be very carefull at where your player is relative to your camera angle and really aim right/left and towards the basket. I still get this animation sometimes but I really feel it is because I haven't been precise or focused enough.

e/ Where you talking on the post or when you are crossing the key?

# 118 aloncho11 @ 12/23/11 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Hi, actually to do hooks you have to aim it right or left TOWARDS the basket. Away will mostlikely perform a fadeway. What you seem to also do wrong and that's why you oftenly get this animation is that you're not aiming at the right/left enough. I suggest you try to be very carefull at where your player is relative to your camera angle and really aim right/left and towards the basket. I still get this animation sometimes but I really feel it is because I haven't been precise or focused enough.

e/ Where you talking on the post or when you are crossing the key?
In the case of Magic Johnson's signature hook and Kareem's skyhook, they have a "hot spot" on the elbow. ATM.

# 119 rockchisler @ 12/29/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugmenot
The controls be crazy but sexy at same time. My grandma could not do it, but she's been dead for 8 years and I live in her room now.
?????????????

# 120 wrestlinggod1 @ 12/30/11 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugmenot
Lol, what I meant was:

The controls are mighty nuts and overwhelming at first glance; and even after playing for a while.

But after a week or two, or a few days, or once my bi-weekly check came; I began to 'sexify' these controls; and I was chaining moves together not unlike the taco that I was trying to retrieve on the other side of the chain link fence in New Orleans on Lesseps a few months back.

About grams, I tried to get her to play, and this even stems back from last year when 2k11 came out. She could just never really grasp the game at all, let alone the controller (perhaps because she is a spirit now) so she never really faired well. She did properly execute a charge one day though on 2k11 (although it could have been the dog; I was in the kitchen pouring some OJ for all of us).

Moreover; the controls ain't bad. I just hate the bumps and how fast defensive players move sometimes when I am inside of them.

RIP Grandma

Oh, and I live here now.

At grandmas

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.