Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #3 has been sent to Microsoft and Sony.

Some details were revealed last week. Hopefully we'll soon hear from Dewiel with more information.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/28/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I don't find it to be a HUGE GAMEBREAKING issue, personally.
I do. Opinions differ, but don't think some people aren't turned off by it. I haven't touched this game since I found out that tendencies are STILL broken.

# 62 K0ZZ @ 09/28/11 11:34 PM
Tuners are if values just need to be changed, i.e. incoming recruit ratings, player aggressiveness, effectiveness of certain ratings.

If anything needs to be downloaded to add or remove code, than it needs to go through a title update.

That's atleast what I've gathered.

# 63 Cdog923 @ 09/29/11 12:53 AM
What about the glitches that make User Playbooks virtually worthless?

# 64 khaliib @ 09/29/11 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
What about the glitches that make User Playbooks virtually worthless?
I'm still trying to figure out what's the purpose of this Patch that's for "ONE" issue with so many other things still handing out there.

A Patch for "ONE" issue!!!

Have you or anyone else seen/heard from a guy named "Tuner"?

He's supposed to report to duty ASAP, but has gone AWOL!!!

# 65 Bigten2011 @ 09/29/11 02:57 AM
Usually ALL patches have to go thru certification from Microsoft and Sony. But I see what you are saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
What this says to me, is that they really don't know what has jacked their game code up so badly.

They know, that we know, that when they tinker with one area of code, they usually alter another area (mainly negatively).

So for them to have to have to go through Microsoft/Sony certification process, that usually means some serious code had to be altered (unless I'm missing something)

They hyped up their Tuner Process as their "New Technology" that would allow them to adjust/fix/correct game issues to improve their game and prevent these lengthy delays.

Why couln't this be Tuned instead of going through a long Patch Certification process?

No-huddle seems more like a "Gameplay" issue that a Tuner should be able to fix/correct.

So the fact that they have to go through certification "Again" for what seems like a gameplay issue, again says to me that they really don't know what's causing their code to go hay-wire.

Last year they dropped a Tuner in October that had many deleting it because of the negative effects that made other areas worse, then they dissappeared until it was time to hype next year's game.

This is the 2nd year in a row the community will get dropped like a bad habit after this Title Update.
This is what happend last year.

The one thing that we do know is that they are consistant!

Just not in a direction most gamer's look for them to be going in!

Come Hype Time around February/March 2012, we'll find out who learned their lesson!!!

# 66 Bigten2011 @ 09/29/11 03:06 AM
I think we need to boycott EA altogether. They have had good games in the past but it's just gone down hill. So if we don't buy any EA crap and they lose money maybe, just maybe they will get it thru their thick skulls and actually make a great game. And if they stop making these games then fine. Maybe another company will step up and work for their money. This is coming from a person who has strongly supported EA in the past. But they need to change NOW

# 67 cparrish @ 09/29/11 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
I do. Opinions differ, but don't think some people aren't turned off by it. I haven't touched this game since I found out that tendencies are STILL broken.
Same here.

# 68 pdiehm @ 09/29/11 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Same here.
got rid of the game and got madden 12.

too many issues. Tendencies not working, overall player attributes were just completely screwed up (mainly blocking and AWR attributes, and then defenders had unrealistic agility and acceleration, to go with out of this world jumping and pursuit atts), and just too many other things that were bad.

Maybe one year, EA will work on making the gameplay better instead of adding more visuals. A tip: College football's heart and soul is the option, the blocking assignments are very different than those of say a power game, which are different from those of a spread attack, which are different than those of an air raid game.

As long as players have unrealistic attributes, you can't run an option game. Option blocking is a lot of cut blocks, which never happened until I used skillz' roster edits. You can't run the option when a 63OVR player, with 87 agility, 89 acceleration, 83 play recognition, and 84 pursuit (his AWR is 43) instantly reads option and sheds the blocks or the CB who should be dropping into a cover 3 zone, instantly, at the snap of the ball crashes into the backfield.

And I didn't even touch on the lead blocking from the FB which is a farce.

# 69 Solidice @ 09/29/11 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
What this says to me, is that they really don't know what has jacked their game code up so badly.

They know, that we know, that when they tinker with one area of code, they usually alter another area (mainly negatively).

So for them to have to have to go through Microsoft/Sony certification process, that usually means some serious code had to be altered (unless I'm missing something)

They hyped up their Tuner Process as their "New Technology" that would allow them to adjust/fix/correct game issues to improve their game and prevent these lengthy delays.

Why couln't this be Tuned instead of going through a long Patch Certification process?

No-huddle seems more like a "Gameplay" issue that a Tuner should be able to fix/correct.

So the fact that they have to go through certification "Again" for what seems like a gameplay issue, again says to me that they really don't know what's causing their code to go hay-wire.

Last year they dropped a Tuner in October that had many deleting it because of the negative effects that made other areas worse, then they dissappeared until it was time to hype next year's game.

This is the 2nd year in a row the community will get dropped like a bad habit after this Title Update.
This is what happend last year.

The one thing that we do know is that they are consistant!

Just not in a direction most gamer's look for them to be going in!

Come Hype Time around February/March 2012, we'll find out who learned their lesson!!!
all retail games, game update, DLC, etc... for 360/PS3 has to go through MS/Sony Certification process before being released. Tuners are released through EA servers(and not MS/Sony), so it apparently can bypass the process. not really sure on the details why it can though, I guess the same reason why roster updates don't need to either.

as for the tuners, I don't believe they are used to change the games' actual code, it's only 'tunes' or slightly alters them. so they wouldn't be able to fix glitches with them(like the no-huddle glitch), but they could change the effect of certain things in the game(progression, recruit templates, etc..).

# 70 khaliib @ 09/29/11 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I hear ya. I guess the point of my rambling was this "but they could change the effect of certain things in the game(progression, recruit templates, etc..)".
Just like last year, they threw the use of Tuners out there giving us the perception that your noted issues and the etc's... could/would be done if there were things the "Community" felt needed adjustments.

Heck, they even marketed us with Tuners from Demo feedback to get a glimps at possible sales through Demo Downloads.

We all know how many feedback post were done and how many Tuners came out of that!!!

I just believe we as a community need to call them out on the usage of Tuners for this game, especially with how their other sports games have supplied those gamers with more frequent usage, but we can't because of TOS rules here.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they "REFUSE" to use a Tuner to adjust player ratings to the levels that GotMadSkillz and Playmakers testing have proven to improve gameplay areas that the Community is still begging for them to fix.

Folks have found fixes or improvements for them and this feedback for another year, falls on deaf ears.

I wish I knew how to do a Poll Thread, so they can see the numbers concerning gamers time spent tweaking/adjusting vs actual playing their game.
(Not that it would matter because they got our money)

Again, I know this is a Title Update Thread, but what's really the purpose with so many things still hanging out there.

I'm just arrived to the point were I really look forward to the day when another developer can/will bring the gaming community an alternative College Football game.

We have simply come to this destination.
End of Story!!!

# 71 stigs007 @ 09/29/11 11:50 AM
I just want to know what they're doing about the tendenancy bug. The fact that it's not being fixed in patch 3 worries me it won't get fixed period.

# 72 OGKing @ 09/29/11 01:30 PM
Probably isnt going to get fixed...my ncaa 12 is scratched and wont play...im a happy man.

# 73 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/29/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
I just want to know what they're doing about the tendenancy bug. The fact that it's not being fixed in patch 3 worries me it won't get fixed period.
I got a response from EA about this.

"I received word back from the studio today regarding your question about the tendency bug, and wanted to provide this information to you (listed below).

· Is the player “tendency” bug being addressed within the upcoming patch? The previous patch fixed the problem with your initial edited rosters, but if you play the dynasty mode, all the tendencies for incoming recruits still are reversed.

o The player tendency bug in Online Dynasty mode will not be addressed in title update #3. Going into the “Team Management>Edit Roster” section and then editing an individual player by changing any piece of equipment will manually reset to the proper player tendency.

I hope this provides clarity on this matter, and please let me know if I can do anything else."

# 74 ucas005 @ 09/29/11 03:47 PM
Quote:

" The player tendency bug in Online Dynasty mode will not be addressed in title update #3. Going into the “Team Management>Edit Roster” section and then editing an individual player by changing any piece of equipment will manually reset to the proper player tendency.

I hope this provides clarity on this matter, and please let me know if I can do anything else."
You have got to be flippn kidding me!! This has been without a doubt the biggest disaster of a game release I have ever experienced. A quarter of the way into the college football season and I STILL haven't started a dynasty. If this issue is not address the game is ... already is ... but even more worthless.

# 75 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/29/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
You have got to be flippn kidding me!! This has been without a doubt the biggest disaster of a game release I have ever experienced. A quarter of the way into the college football season and I STILL haven't started a dynasty. If this issue is not address the game is ... already is ... but even more worthless.
It's not all bad, you only have to edit 70 players for the 12 teams you play in a year, 840 edits a season for it to correct itself.

<--- See that's all of us at OS.

# 76 TheTodd84 @ 09/29/11 04:54 PM
This game is simply broken. I really want people on here to name FIVE realistic things this game does gameplay-wise. You would be hard-pressed to find two. It's time to stop giving them our money, once and for all. Why do they deserve it?

Every team plays the same, Mizzou blocks the plays the same way georgia tech does, and power-I teams block the same way as alabama's one-back, even though they are supposed to be almost exclusively zone blocking. The DBs mirror routes and the LBs have super-human jumping abilities.

They can't even get the passing game right, the football is way too big, and part of the LB issue is that the ball never takes a realistic trajectory. Ever. That's why deep balls are rarely completed unless its the four verts or someone is 5 yds open.

The game is simply a travesty and what will the no-huddle fix really? Nothing with the gameplay. Nothing at all.

Its time these sports games just bite the bullet and implement real-time physics. That is really the only option at this point. Canned animations are from the past and clearly are not working anymore. Real-time physics would create zone blocking and chip blocking and i dunno, other realistic football outcomes. But this canned animation garbage has got to stop. Once and for all.

NCAA 13 and beyond is barely gonna get a rental from me unless I see a complete game overhaul, or there are worthy improvements in gameplay and the forums on here don't rip the game apart. I've been burned too many times because of my need for a football game. I haven't bought madden in 4 years and I'm officially done with NCAA. I will just be playing Call of Duty and PES for the next couple years it looks like. At least those games are fun. And I can't bear to give EA one more dime of my money until they release bug-free games.

I know battlefield is a better game than COD, but I can't give EA my money, in any capacity, anymore. I cannot support them.

Bye-bye EA from my life. I won't even buy FIFA this year even tho I love the EPL bc I don't want them to have my money. Good Riddance, guys.

Come on everyone, think about it, do you really NEED EA games in your life? There are plenty of good substitutes. Good Day.

# 77 uclabruins4ever @ 09/29/11 05:31 PM
Quote:

"I received word back from the studio today regarding your question about the tendency bug, and wanted to provide this information to you (listed below).

· Is the player “tendency” bug being addressed within the upcoming patch? The previous patch fixed the problem with your initial edited rosters, but if you play the dynasty mode, all the tendencies for incoming recruits still are reversed.

o The player tendency bug in Online Dynasty mode will not be addressed in title update #3. Going into the “Team Management>Edit Roster” section and then editing an individual player by changing any piece of equipment will manually reset to the proper player tendency.

LOL!
How dare you EA sports

# 78 wolverinemaniac @ 09/29/11 05:59 PM
Quote:

This is absolutely ridiculous, we are aware of a flaw and its not going to be fixed. This kind of thing is exactly what class action lawsuits are built upon.

# 79 stigs007 @ 09/29/11 07:20 PM
Quote:

That's a joke of an answer. You're telling me they're incapable of fixing this? The answers simple, they don't want to invest anymore time into this years version, too busy screwing up 13.

# 80 redsfan4life @ 09/29/11 07:33 PM
I'm a bit weary on this patch obviously, but I still enjoy playing the game. Fix the no huddle and clean up some OD problems and I will be ok with EA this year. I'm obviously not in the majority here I understand.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.