Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #3 has been sent to Microsoft and Sony.

Some details were revealed last week. Hopefully we'll soon hear from Dewiel with more information.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 LionsFanNJ @ 09/29/11 08:28 PM
Or maybe we take it for what it is. A video game that shouldn't get our blood boiling. It has issues like every. Single. Other. Game. In. Existence. Everyone would like them fixed the difference is others can still enjoy a video game if they don't.....unless it freezes but that's another issue altogether.

But I forgot this is the "stop liking what I don't like" forum. Carry on while I go play this dynasty real quick.

# 82 SincerelYourz @ 09/29/11 11:05 PM
i guess the new online dynasty website is scrapped....this year it seems they just tried to cram a bunch of features on top of ncaa 11 and call it ncaa 12; they didn't develop any new code, therefore, the new features don't work properly and the old features are going haywire!

# 83 LionsFanNJ @ 09/29/11 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
So you're telling me that when this happens to you, you just go right on smiling, laughing, and thinking, "golly, I'm having a blast!"? http://youtu.be/_NGoQSU7_LM
1. Doesn't happen to me as i use heavily edited rosters and sliders to get the game to play the way i like.

2. its a goddamn video game you condescending *****. So i take it for what it is. I've said before if a football video game causes this reaction from you you shouldn't be playing video games Mr. don't take no **** from nobody. God i hope you never played a PC game if you react this way to bugs and such.

and with that i'm done with this topic as I'd rather not let some random get me banned its beating a dead horse and what i said in my previous post stands.

# 84 Solidice @ 09/29/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
So you're telling me that when this happens to you, you just go right on smiling, laughing, and thinking, "golly, I'm having a blast!"? http://youtu.be/_NGoQSU7_LM
unfortunately, player/object morphing happens in video games. It's not strictly a NCAA or even an EA thing. not saying it's a good thing or that I enjoy it(cause I don't), it just happens.

# 85 jeremym480 @ 09/29/11 11:17 PM
Quote:
Honestly, if stuff like that bothers me I wouldn't play any sports game. Not even The Show or NBA 2K. All of them have morphing issues.

edit: oops Solidice beat me to the punch

# 86 TheDelta @ 09/29/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Honestly, if stuff like that bothers me I wouldn't play any sports game. Not even The Show or NBA 2K. All of them have morphing issues.
This. If something like this happens, I shrug, maybe curse a bit if it happened on an important play and keep on playing. I've yet to see a sports game that didn't have its share of bugs and stuff like that. Of course it's frustrating, but to pretend this game would be an abomination among flawless sports games is ridiculous.

I have to agree though, what EA did with the patches this year was awful. To introduce bugs like the no-huddle and the broken custom playbooks with a patch is unacceptable. That said, I still got a game that's a lot of fun to play, it sucks I have to somewhat plan to work around the CPB and no-huddle problems but it's possible and will be fixed, so I can live with it.

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 09/29/11 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
This. If something like this happens, I shrug, maybe curse a bit if it happened on an important play and keep on playing. I've yet to see a sports game that didn't have its share of bugs and stuff like that. Of course it's frustrating, but to pretend this game would be an abomination among flawless sports games is ridiculous.

I have to agree though, what EA did with the patches this year was awful. To introduce bugs like the no-huddle and the broken custom playbooks with a patch is unacceptable. That said, I still got a game that's a lot of fun to play, it sucks I have to somewhat plan to work around the CPB and no-huddle problems but it's possible and will be fixed, so I can live with it.
I agree that its annoying that something breaks when they patch it. Sadly i believe thats the case with the patching process overall under the EA sports banner, NHL, Fifa and such included. NCAA seems to be the biggest culprit of this though the past few years...though what happened with Fight Night might take the crown.

# 88 deathsai @ 09/30/11 07:02 AM
This is pathetic. No Huddle? That's it? No fix for something simple like verticals being a money play against the CPU? No fix for the ridiculous injuries where running QBs are out by week 4?

So happy that NBA2k12 is coming out. 2k has always created a far superior product.

# 89 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/30/11 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Or maybe we take it for what it is. A video game that shouldn't get our blood boiling. It has issues like every. Single. Other. Game. In. Existence. Everyone would like them fixed the difference is others can still enjoy a video game if they don't.....unless it freezes but that's another issue altogether.

But I forgot this is the "stop liking what I don't like" forum. Carry on while I go play this dynasty real quick.
Hope you aren't playing against what should be a scrambling quarterback, because if you aren't playing with the correct tendencies then you're getting off the hook easy.

# 90 Jeremy7679 @ 09/30/11 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Hope you aren't playing against what should be a scrambling quarterback, because if you aren't playing with the correct tendencies then you're getting off the hook easy.
I think that the tendency bug is overrated. I've seen "Balanced" QBs that take off running a lot faster than "Scramblers". I've always felt that the tendency issue is a cosmetic one, but whatever. I've labbed it by running the same play vs the same defense and I can't see a difference.

# 91 roadman @ 09/30/11 08:56 AM
Quote:
Really? Morphing in replays in annual sports games? Games take a long time to play out as it is.

A. I don't have time to replay every play in a sports game.
B. I don't see this happen in real time.

So, therefore, it's not an issue with me in NBA 2k, MLB 2k, NCAA, Madden, FIFA, NHL, etc......

Am I ignoring the issue? I don't really care, because it happens sporadically in annual sports games.

It's not specific to NCAA.

# 92 BGarrett7 @ 09/30/11 10:26 AM
Quote:
I really don't understand the optimistic, carefree "I'm still having fun" crowd on this forum. Y'all have no backbones. You have to stand up for yourself and demand your money's worth. I can't believe some of you don't mind dbs warping through wrs, dbs with their back turned to qb jumping routes as soon as you hit the button to make no look picks, lead blockers who with a cb 2 feet in front of them change their minds and pivot inside to double team a dt 10 feet away, wrs who stare at a ball as it sails past them without attempting to catch it, des who can turn 180 degrees on a dime on read option plays, qbs who can't lead their targets without overshooting by 15 feet, lbs stopping on a dime to turn 180 degrees and swat a bullet pass with one hand, 5* recruits with 0 offers, 5'10" 190lb rbs trucking 6'7" 310lb dls flat on their back, etc etc.

It just blows my mind how some of you are perfectly content with these glitches. They are EVERY BIT AS GLARING as no huddle and transfer failed and deserve every bit as much attention. I don't know if y'all were just raised to be softies but I was taught not to take crap from anybody and just lie down and accept it. Inb4 internet tough guy

Y'all must have no idea about football because when I play I notice these horrible glaring gamebreaking issues within 1 drive and get frustrated. Maybe we aren't playing the same game because I understand football to a t and can tell you this game does not emulate it.
Then don't play the game and let those of us who do enjoy it do so without being insulted by someone who feels like they are somehow better than us because they don't enjoy it. Let me guess, you "feel sorry for us", too?

And I love how "I'm still able to enjoy the game" directly translates into "there are no problems with this game, EA is perfect" to so many of you. Believe it or not, there is plenty of room to acknowledge the many problems and still have a good time with the game. At least for some of us.

If you don't enjoy the game, fine. If we do, fine. But throwing around insults and being condescending because of either stance only makes things more unbearable around here.

# 93 hotti7 @ 09/30/11 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Then don't play the game and let those of us who do enjoy it do so without being insulted by someone who feels like they are somehow better than us because they don't enjoy it. Let me guess, you "feel sorry for us", too?

And I love how "I'm still able to enjoy the game" directly translates into "there are no problems with this game, EA is perfect" to so many of you. Believe it or not, there is plenty of room to acknowledge the many problems and still have a good time with the game. At least for some of us.

If you don't enjoy the game, fine. If we do, fine. But throwing around insults and being condescending because of either stance only makes things more unbearable around here.
I agree with Bgarrett7 The game defenately has issues but I am having fun playing my games in my offline dynasty. The no huddle bugs the crap out of me and I truly do beleive EA really put out a bad game with the glitch fest. I am just saying that when I play I have some fun games but I do want this stuff fixed. I feel everyones frustration.

# 94 Jr. @ 09/30/11 12:01 PM
Quote:
I really don't understand the optimistic, carefree "I'm still having fun" crowd on this forum. Y'all have no backbones. You have to stand up for yourself and demand your money's worth. I can't believe some of you don't mind dbs warping through wrs, dbs with their back turned to qb jumping routes as soon as you hit the button to make no look picks, lead blockers who with a cb 2 feet in front of them change their minds and pivot inside to double team a dt 10 feet away, wrs who stare at a ball as it sails past them without attempting to catch it, des who can turn 180 degrees on a dime on read option plays, qbs who can't lead their targets without overshooting by 15 feet, lbs stopping on a dime to turn 180 degrees and swat a bullet pass with one hand, 5* recruits with 0 offers, 5'10" 190lb rbs trucking 6'7" 310lb dls flat on their back, etc etc.

It just blows my mind how some of you are perfectly content with these glitches. They are EVERY BIT AS GLARING as no huddle and transfer failed and deserve every bit as much attention. I don't know if y'all were just raised to be softies but I was taught not to take crap from anybody and just lie down and accept it. Inb4 internet tough guy

Y'all must have no idea about football because when I play I notice these horrible glaring gamebreaking issues within 1 drive and get frustrated. Maybe we aren't playing the same game because I understand football to a t and can tell you this game does not emulate it.
These issues have been in EA football games for years. I'm assuming you bought the game this year, if you're commenting on how it plays. Maybe you should reconsider why you continue to pay for a game that you obviously hate, rather than attacking people who are finding enjoyment out of it.

# 95 BigDuke @ 09/30/11 12:40 PM
While I hope EA fixes the tendencies and it is something I shouldn't have to fix myself, it's not too big a deal for me to only fix the QBs in games I play.

Why?

1) I honestly don't think EA is sophisticated enough with their code to have tendencies significantly effect any other position. I could be wrong, but until I see evidence...

2) I've read the tendencies don't effect sim games, so it makes me wonder how much of an impact they actually have.

# 96 LionsFanNJ @ 09/30/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
it takes me five minutes to go through my opponent and fix the freshmen.

# 97 K0ZZ @ 09/30/11 02:04 PM
The warping and such will not be fixed until a new engine is put out, it isn't patchable. It's the ancient engine incapable of keeping up, that's why sliding is in and such, the game recognizes the player should be there but the animation and on the field isn't fast enough to keep up with it.

# 98 jasontoddwhitt @ 10/01/11 07:56 PM
I really hoped they fixed a few other glaring things....

Like the player tendancy bug on incoming recruits and the zone coverage-option bug

# 99 thegreatusurper512 @ 10/02/11 12:37 AM
Well it finally came out. Unfortunately my buddy got shipped to Iraq in the last 2 months. Never got to play another season in our online dynasty.

# 100 killcasualfan @ 10/02/11 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The warping and such will not be fixed until a new engine is put out, it isn't patchable. It's the ancient engine incapable of keeping up, that's why sliding is in and such, the game recognizes the player should be there but the animation and on the field isn't fast enough to keep up with it.
but isn't that an EA problem...Why would you make a game where the engine can't keep up

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.