Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Eric Boenisch has stated the next NBA 2K12 patch will arrive before Christmas, with frequent roster updates coming, over the next 3 weeks. As everyone knows by now, rookies cannot be placed into the game, until they sign their contracts with their respective teams.

Quote:
Roster updates will come more frequently than they have in the past, Boenisch said, accounting for both the influx of rookie players and any changes in free agency or pre-season trades, which began on Wednesday. Instead of waiting until the final day before the regular season tip-off, Boenisch said the game will push roster updates as frequently as possible over the next three weeks. That kind of update comes totally through the 2K Sports server and isn't subject to the kind of review Microsoft or Sony has for a game patch or title update. A patch still is coming before Dec. 25, Boenisch said, but he held off on committing to a specific date.

Source - The Lockout’s End Brings Peace to NBA 2K’s Holiday Season (Kotaku)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 OGKing @ 12/04/11 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Once all the rookies sign and are in the game will we be stuck with the random players in the rookie show case game for MP? Also will we be able to select rookies for the create a legend mode? Currently you can't use created players in that mode(which is a disappointment).
No, ronnie 2k said that the rookies will replace the fake rookies in the rookie showcase on twitter.

Yes, we will. Pretty obvious.

Remember, the rookies aren't going to be created players, they're in the game, but they can't be released.

# 22 RedmanR @ 12/04/11 05:58 AM
I mean thanks for the news but in reality this is no news. I think it's fair to say that many of us who keep track of what's going on with the NBA on a regular basis already had a pretty good idea of when to expect the first roster update to drop. I know I wasn't expecting to see any updates beyond shoes before Dec. 9th. I already knew after that trades, free agent and rookie signings are going to be sporadic up until the season kicks off but I don't think anyone mentioned a deadline unless I missed it

I'm really disappointed that it's been two months since 2K12 dropped and still. . . we haven't the slightest idea of issues to be addressed in the upcoming patch. This has got to be one hell of a patch! Correct me if I'm wrong but. . . 2K has been working on the patch for a minute so either it's been submitted to Microsoft/Sony or that's going to happen this coming week. Anything less than leaps and bounds I will definitely be waiting until the patch drops before purchasing my next NBA 2K installment

# 23 Slava Medvadenko @ 12/04/11 06:33 AM
At least we know that the patch is coming this month. This game is so close to greatness. I'd play a couple minutes of beautiful basketball and then some weird thing happens with the passing or whatever that drives me to drink heavily, weeping in the corner in a fetal position.

# 24 ffaacc03 @ 12/04/11 07:40 AM
Something that most seem to have overlooked ...

Quote:
The big difference will be in NBA 2K12's "NBA Today" mode. When the season is going on, gamers can play one-off games from the real-world schedule of that day—and NBA 2K12's robust commentary engine will reference real world events. During the lockout, NBA Today was serving up hypothetical canceled games and the booth team of Kevin Harlan, Clark Kellogg and Doris Burke were commenting on them out of context.

"That's really what separates us from other video games," Boenisch said. "Without the league going on, we have to rely solely on the disc commentary. We still think it's more robust than any other game out there, but it doesn't have that real world data—how many points Kobe scored in real life last night, or how the Clippers did against the Warriors, breathing that continually new aura of life into the game."
I was pesimistic about them accounting for a new schedule, maybe just maybe, they do it for association ... but something tells me that it would be more complicated to do it for that mode than for the NBA today one. Good to hear anyways.

# 25 daveberg @ 12/04/11 07:55 AM
Not fussed about the rookies at all seeing as I'm not a big fan of today's generation of the NBA, but hearing that the patch is coming soon is definitely a winner!

# 26 Artman22 @ 12/04/11 10:06 AM
This game is almost unplayable for me because of the lack of defense and lack of control. Way too animation driven. Also, the game's logic needs major tweaking.

# 27 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/11 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
This game is almost unplayable for me because of the lack of defense and lack of control. Way too animation driven. Also, the game's logic needs major tweaking.
Not the thread for this but thanks for playing

# 28 GSWarriors9 @ 12/04/11 10:32 AM
Yes! The patch last year for 2k11 made 2k11 alot better so hopefully this years will make 2k12 even better. PLus I really can't wait to get Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins on Golden State along with any free agents we sign. Lord knows Golden State needs more depth in 2k lol

# 29 X12Celtics3 @ 12/04/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Not the thread for this but thanks for playing
...so a post about things that need to be addressed in the upcoming patch does not belong in a thread about the upcoming patch? Not the thread for posts like yours, but thanks for playing

# 30 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/11 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X12Celtics3
...so a post about things that need to be addressed in the upcoming patch does not belong in a thread about the upcoming patch? Not the thread for posts like yours, but thanks for playing
When there's a nice long thread about it already, nope.
Here let me make it easy for you nice long thread

# 31 Sinner @ 12/04/11 12:01 PM
can't wait for this .I enjoy the game but I also put it down till the real rookies and the patch come out.

# 32 DJ @ 12/04/11 01:10 PM
It's going to be a good Christmas with the updates and a patch.

# 33 rockchisler @ 12/04/11 03:35 PM
This is good to hear...

# 34 OGKing @ 12/04/11 06:59 PM
For those who have problems with the DEFENSE and the SLIDING movement, turn DEFENSIVE ASSIST up to 100..it helped me a lot, players don't slide like they're on ice anymore.

# 35 authentic @ 12/04/11 08:32 PM
Great news! I am now excited to start my Association. Bulls are very close to signing Butler if he agrees to take a little pay cut, which he hinted at.

# 36 DatsMoreLikeIt @ 12/04/11 09:23 PM
YES Finally!!!
But I didn't start My Player and Association Mode til the Rookie Roster/Update arrives.

# 37 arkaneace @ 12/05/11 01:13 AM
My one question is: When all the rookies sign their contracts and are all in the game, will the rookie showcase and the NBA draft in My Player mode be changed at all? I realize that it is probably not a simple fix but it would be nice if that could be done.

# 38 arkaneace @ 12/05/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkaneace
My one question is: When all the rookies sign their contracts and are all in the game, will the rookie showcase and the NBA draft in My Player mode be changed at all? I realize that it is probably not a simple fix but it would be nice if that could be done.
Nevermind, I didnt read all the posts. just skimmed. answered my own question...

# 39 CHANNAH4 @ 12/05/11 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Someone released the Rookies without black arms, so that will hold me over until the official rookies sign their contract.

Other than that, i'm waiting on the patch that will most likely fix everything, hopefully. Good job 2k. Thanks for letting us know.
Where can i find the rookies without black arms?

# 40 RGmoney @ 12/05/11 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANNAH4
Where can i find the rookies without black arms?
Roster sub-forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ased-xbox.html

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.