Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Can't tell, waiting on official word from Ramone.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nomo17k @ 12/16/11 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Normally, if the forecast predicts severe weather or extreme heat, they'll leave the roof closed anyway. It's not a bad default in those places where this stuff happens often, but if they have to do it, they might go between innings and make it happen. Otherwise, it's just not that common.

That's not to say stadiums don't alternate between one and the other, though. Seattle has its roof closed on occasion, as Arizona also has its roof open time to time. Not only is it the roof, it's also the panels... and the ball's flight may take effect as well. I don't know if they would consider all of this stuff when implementing a retractable roof for stadiums, but if this video is any indication (and any of it is actually from the game itself), I think we might be in for a real treat down the road... to the show.
I just asked because Russell_SCEA said that the stadium models are not made of lego pieces, which perhaps means they are static and made of no dynamic components. So if people really want true dynamic weather implemented some time later and the stadium roofs respond accordingly *during the game*, then continuing on with the system with stadium models with roofs open/closed might not go a long way...

(Either way I'm fine...)

it's just amazing how much realism people want in this game, and once the models for stadiums with roof open/closed get implemented, there probably will be some people crying out loud for IN-GAME dynamical roof opening/closing based on weather change...

It's so hard to satisfy everyone!

# 22 ty5oke @ 12/16/11 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm sorry for being uninitiated, but in real life do they ever close/open the roof *during* a game due to a sudden weather change? (Of course they wouldn't do that intentionally, but I'm just wondering if it is done rather regularly...)
Been to a few games at Safeco where they have closed the roof during the game.

# 23 Blzer @ 12/16/11 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I just asked because Russell_SCEA said that the stadium models are not made of lego pieces, which perhaps means they are static and made of no dynamic components. So if people really want true dynamic weather implemented some time later and the stadium roofs respond accordingly *during the game*, then continuing on with the system with stadium models with roofs open/closed might not go a long way...

(Either way I'm fine...)

it's just amazing how much realism people want in this game, and once the models for stadiums with roof open/closed get implemented, there probably will be some people crying out loud for IN-GAME dynamical roof opening/closing based on weather change...

It's so hard to satisfy everyone!
I said this in another post once before, but I don't think people are necessarily looking for their roof to close mid-game. I think most people would just like to see the option of having their roof opened or closed for their game once they begin playing it, kind of like what All Star Baseball offered (well, I can't really remember if it was an option, or if it was just closed when it was raining, but they had two different types).

The problem with that would still mean that they would have to have a cloned version of their current stadium model, alongside the new aspects of the stadium being closed. That said, they would still have to do some building and modeling, and the other issue is one of memory. These stadiums take up quite a bit of space; the classic stadiums are probably DLC for that very reason. Having an open option and a closed option would probably mean having two different stadiums, and that maybe be a resourcefully incompetent procedure for them.

The alternative, as has been suggested, is to re-work the stadium so that it functions to both open and close, and I think that would take much, much longer to do. Hopefully, this new Marlins stadium is the start of that, but I can't be sure that any/all of this is actual in-game footage from MLB 12: The Show.

# 24 Woodweaver @ 12/16/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
it doesnt happen often, but the mlb rule is that if the roof is open and weather warrants it being closed then it will be closed at the completion of the current full inning. now from what I have read most roofs take 20-30 minutes to fully close, so it may be possible to not wait for the inning to end if the weather is bad enough.

Now you've hit upon the real reason we don't have retractable roofs in the game. Do you really want to extend games and/or load times by 20-30 mins!?!?

(jic, this is a joke)

# 25 sydrogerdavid @ 12/16/11 01:36 PM
I'm saying it's not real. The Show banners themselves look like they say MLB 09 The Show. Besides, it's too good to be true.

# 26 bp4baseball @ 12/16/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I'm saying it's not real. The Show banners themselves look like they say MLB 09 The Show. Besides, it's too good to be true.
You're right the banners are clearly not this year's because there is no red number. And as you say they seem to be 09 or something like that...which would seem odd to have put in older banners into a new model even if it's not Mlb The Show's model.

# 27 Heroesandvillains @ 12/16/11 01:46 PM
Although beautiful, which The Show itself oozes, the artwork style in this video doesn't really remind me of The Show at all.

(I know I'll probably eat my words as soon as Ramone or Woodweaver (etc) come back though.)

# 28 Jays20593 @ 12/16/11 01:49 PM
I did see MLB The Show logos on the ribbonboard....

# 29 Bellsprout @ 12/16/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Looks like they say MLB 11 to me, for some reason.

# 30 bp4baseball @ 12/16/11 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman

The only problem with this is Mlb 11 The Show has the 11 written in red, not white. Unless they just didn't change the color on these banners, but that would seem wierd

# 31 PanthersGM305 @ 12/16/11 02:03 PM
Nice, I live maybe four or five blocks away from the location. It was the old Orange Bowl , Now this 500 million dollar project... I hope the game also fetures the Navarro pharmacy there talking about putting inside the parkinglot... There aint nobody allowed to be walking around yet without a hard hat...Tho their welding is being looked at by the GOV....Nice designed , Well represented in the game...All of this would have being even greater if Pujols would signed with us instead of the LA Angels..

# 32 sydrogerdavid @ 12/16/11 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman

Spoiler
Kind of looks like an 11, but maybe it was designed with a fuzzy, generic, fake number on all the banners.

I was looking at the banner at the 20 sec mark, it looks more or less like a 88, 08, or 09 The Show. On this banner, I don't think those numbers look anything like a 1 or a 2.

On another note, what's with the 1970 pastel green color?

# 33 Russell_SCEA @ 12/16/11 02:26 PM
Video is not from us

# 34 Black59Razr @ 12/16/11 02:34 PM
Its a promo video for the new stadium. It may have been created to show investors, but probably to show the general public since they used MLB11TheShow advertising.

# 35 sydrogerdavid @ 12/16/11 02:35 PM
For the record, it officially says MLB 08 The Show. Click on the link in the OP then maximize the video (or watch it regularly) the wall advertisement at the 18 sec mark clearly says 08.

This is a little depressing to know it's not from SCEA, but we should have known on account it says MLB.com in the OP and the link is to MLB.com.

# 36 Black59Razr @ 12/16/11 02:44 PM
Oh ya! You can clearly see it on the fence. I was fixated on the banner! Construction started in 2009, so that video must have been submitted to the Marlins by the builder.

# 37 NYCNNJ @ 12/16/11 03:28 PM
Beautiful stadium! But, I can't stand the location! It sure doesn't make any sense to have it there!

# 38 JayD @ 12/16/11 05:30 PM
I don't care if roofs retract during games just have it like it is in Madden either open or closed before the game depending on the weather. Sheesh how long is it going to take to finally get this in! Huge let down!

# 39 HustlinOwl @ 12/16/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I don't care if roofs retract during games just have it like it is in Madden either open or closed before the game depending on the weather. Sheesh how long is it going to take to finally get this in! Huge let down!
We get it, it's a game killer for you. Now stop posting in every thread

# 40 JayD @ 12/16/11 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
We get it, it's a game killer for you. Now stop posting in every thread
tell me where I ever said is was a game killer...... All I was saying is that it's a pretty big let down but I also said that this is an amazing game and having roofs open or closed would add that much more atmosphere to the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.