Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Can't tell, waiting on official word from Ramone.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thaSLAB @ 12/16/11 10:02 AM
Nice! Thanks Steve!

Interesting little tidbits there... maybe?

# 2 tnixen @ 12/16/11 10:13 AM
Is this really from MLB 12 The Show?

Because it looks more like real life to my eyes

# 3 bonannogiovanni @ 12/16/11 10:17 AM
Wow, didn't expect a video so soon. Now the big question is: is the retractable roof part of the game or is it only in the video?

# 4 Motown @ 12/16/11 10:17 AM
Diggin' the attention to detail BEYOND the Ballpark...Niiiiiice!!!

# 5 nemesis04 @ 12/16/11 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Nice! Thanks Steve!

Interesting little tidbits there... maybe?
I saw things opening and closing. I wonder since the team just built this stadium they could include those features. Where they would have to redo the others. Time will tell!

# 6 PsychoBulk @ 12/16/11 10:35 AM
Interesting indeed, does this give hope of a possible "fly in" to each ballpark before a game?

I could of course be reading too much into it.

Very interesting!

p.s. that roof is definately opening is it not?

# 7 kt-od @ 12/16/11 10:38 AM
I'm really hoping, like Nem said, that maybe we get retractable roofs now. That video just got me pumped for some reason.

# 8 tnixen @ 12/16/11 10:49 AM
I would love outside flyover shots like that for every stadium!

But I am 99.9% sure this was just created for the video.

Maybe someday soon perhaps.

# 9 seasprite @ 12/16/11 11:03 AM
Absolutely love it.....might give me a reason to play some games there.

# 10 Blzer @ 12/16/11 11:07 AM
LOL I wasn't sure whether that was MLB The Show or one of those MLB.com virtual stadium tours. I am still so lost, because that definitely reminds me of the animation stuff that I saw for the ballpark many months ago. Frankly, it just doesn't look like the game (and some shots seem a bit off with some larger-than-life players on the field and strange crowd stills, etc), so it may be a mish-mash of one thing and the other, or an actual MLB.com virtual tour with MLB The Show ads thrown into the mix.

However, if this is all in-game footage, there are a lot of good things to love about this video! I can't even begin to count the number of things. Exterior stadium flyby's, retractable roof, vibrant field colors, the works.

But again, I was very lost as to whether this was from The Show or something else. A clarification on exactly what we were looking at would be nice.

On a slightly related note, I do not like some of the looks of this new ballpark, particularly in the right field area. I used to have this little hobby of drawing my own baseball stadiums, sometimes current and other times my own proposals for "future" stadiums. There was once a time where I made a new Mets stadium and a new Marlins stadium, and what was interesting was that me and the actual new stadium had some similar ideas, but without my images coming into fruition, I guess I can't help but be disappointed with how some of it looks. I love that SCEA was able to replicate its look though, assuming this is footage from the game!

# 11 thaSLAB @ 12/16/11 11:13 AM
I think the interior views were definitely from the the game, hence all the MLB 12 banners... the video board images were most likely simulated (from a promo vid with the new uni's), but the roof/sun panels opening from the inside was in the art "style" of the game. I found myself trying to pause it, to get a look at the fish tanks, lol.

Knowing OS members, I'm sure some major dissection is on the way...

# 12 Knight165 @ 12/16/11 11:21 AM
Okay....I'll temper this a bit before it gets out of hand.

I'm pretty sure Ramone said....no "fly-by" intros for the GAME(not for videos obviously)...
....and he also said no retractable roofs(now....as Nem said....it COULD be for Miami since they just built this stadium....but I know he said no for the other stadiums.....also like Nem said..."time will tell!")
I do hope they did a retracted/closed version for Miami...that would be sweet.

If that was the Show.....in game.....it looks phenomenal!

M.K.
Knight165

# 13 Knight165 @ 12/16/11 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think the interior views were definitely from the the game, hence all the MLB 12 banners... the video board images were most likely simulated (from a promo vid with the new uni's), but the roof/sun panels opening from the inside was in the art "style" of the game. I found myself trying to pause it, to get a look at the fish tanks, lol.

Knowing OS members, I'm sure some major dissection is on the way...
If you watch "Gameday" on MLB.com...they have Show banners and ads in there(funny since another game actually has the MLB ties! Nice steal Sony!). It looks nothing like this...but ....

M.K.
Knight165

# 14 Knight165 @ 12/16/11 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Did he say that they stadiums with retractable roofs didn't have a closed version or that they wouldn't retract during play?
Actually, I thought he said no on both...but his post only mentions not closing.
I don't know for sure.

M.K.
Knight165

# 15 kt-od @ 12/16/11 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Actually, I thought he said no on both...but his post only mentions not closing.
I don't know for sure.

M.K.
Knight165
Thanks for the reply. You are right. It's no on both. I found the post and it said they had to build the stadiums for Vita and couldn't rebuild the stadiums with the roof closed.

# 16 Blzer @ 12/16/11 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Thanks for the reply. You are right. It's no on both. I found the post and it said they had to build the stadiums for Vita and couldn't rebuild the stadiums with the roof closed.
Rebuild here is the key.

# 17 Steve_OS @ 12/16/11 11:48 AM
Updated OP. Since I'm now confused LOL.

# 18 nomo17k @ 12/16/11 11:53 AM
I'm sorry for being uninitiated, but in real life do they ever close/open the roof *during* a game due to a sudden weather change? (Of course they wouldn't do that intentionally, but I'm just wondering if it is done rather regularly...)

# 19 Blzer @ 12/16/11 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm sorry for being uninitiated, but in real life do they ever close/open the roof *during* a game due to a sudden weather change? (Of course they wouldn't do that intentionally, but I'm just wondering if it is done rather regularly...)
Normally, if the forecast predicts severe weather or extreme heat, they'll leave the roof closed anyway. It's not a bad default in those places where this stuff happens often, but if they have to do it, they might go between innings and make it happen. Otherwise, it's just not that common.

That's not to say stadiums don't alternate between one and the other, though. Seattle has its roof closed on occasion, as Arizona also has its roof open time to time. Not only is it the roof, it's also the panels... and the ball's flight may take effect as well. I don't know if they would consider all of this stuff when implementing a retractable roof for stadiums, but if this video is any indication (and any of it is actually from the game itself), I think we might be in for a real treat down the road... to the show.

# 20 thaSLAB @ 12/16/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If you watch "Gameday" on MLB.com...they have Show banners and ads in there(funny since another game actually has the MLB ties! Nice steal Sony!). It looks nothing like this...but ....

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah I have noticed that too. It prompted a post I made about SCEA requesting a network branding deal in return.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.