Home
News Post

Amazon has leaked out some of the MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty details.

Quote:
Diamond Dynasty - Manage your very own fully customizable MLB team online. Challenge and beat CPU controlled MLB teams to recruit MLB stars for your team, and compete against other users customized teams for development points.

Does this mode interest you?

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Eski33 @ 01/18/12 02:50 PM
Some sort of fantasy mode sounds great.

# 42 Bellsprout @ 01/18/12 02:59 PM
Pass.

On that mode, not the game. Don't get me wrong.

# 43 MetsFan16 @ 01/18/12 03:58 PM
I'll definetly give this a try. I'm not going to totally neglect this mode because "it has been done before." I never play Madden Ultimate Team, Fifa Ultimate Team or NHL Ultimate Team. I don't really play those because I don't know all of the players in the NFL. I know some NHL players and maybe 2 Fifa players. However I know almost every team's projected 2012 starting lineup and pitching rotation. So if I beat somebody online, I know to take a guy like Troy Tulowitzki and not somebody like Yuniesky Betancourt. So I'm going to try this game mode, and if I don't like it, Oh Well this game is still going to be amazing and I can go all out in my Franchise and RTTS.

# 44 bestout51683 @ 01/18/12 04:14 PM
One thing I hope about the mode is that there is a salary level (cap ) for teams so you can't just load up with five aces and that u actually have to General Manage and balance out your team in the areas you want to most excel at. I'm sure it will have that. I love the Fantasy game modes as long as it has salray level like NHL. It makes it a little more realistic. NHL does this but FIFA and Madden do not and therefore just not quite as exciting even though I love FIFA Ultimate Team due to Chemistry and injuries and development like NHL. Again Madded is your most generic Fantasy Ultimate Team mode.

# 45 bbmike15 @ 01/18/12 04:46 PM
nobody plays this crap

# 46 Majingir @ 01/18/12 04:47 PM
Is this gonna be offline mode or something?

But it sounds like a minigame mode from the NBA games made by SCEA where you choose a NBA team to control, and each nba team you beat, you not only take over their city,but you get control of the players on their team too. But the CPU competes with you too, so they can challenge one of your cities(or another cpu controlled city) and if they win, they get control of the city. If you beat the challenging team, you steal a player from them

# 47 PsychoBulk @ 01/18/12 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Pass.

On that mode, not the game. Don't get me wrong.
Yeah, i can agree with that.

Im sure it will appeal to some online players but this game has never been about online for me in the way say, MW3 is, this game is my baby to enjoy in my own leisure building my offline franchise

# 48 ckarlic @ 01/18/12 05:21 PM
I dont know...I have a feeling that there is more to this mode than what amazon is describing. I will wait to hear the announcement from SCEA before passing judgement.

# 49 Perfect Zero @ 01/18/12 05:29 PM
Maybe we should all take a chill pill and actually, ya know, play the mode before we complain about it? Heck, I bet we don't even know half the information about what its going to be.

# 50 Falcon999 @ 01/18/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk

Im sure it will appeal to some online players but this game has never been about online for me in the way say, MW3 is, this game is my baby to enjoy in my own leisure building my offline franchise
100% behind you on this. Even if the game have an interesting twist, I'm a more of a simulation gamer and for me the best experience is running my own franchise offline.

NHL 12 HUT mod is well done, Madden one a well, played both a bit but it's too unrealistic for me. Imagine competing against let say 10 other teams who all have a Pujols and a Verlander in their team :-)

I'm glad for people who like this kind of toys but I'll with the good old franchise type of play ;-)

# 51 Russell_SCEA @ 01/18/12 06:08 PM
Last time I will comment on this.

Wait until we reveal the mode then decide. We have yet to do that and no one else has revealed the mode. The amazon page has a two sentence description with wrong information. Our handbook for Diamond Dynasty is over 10 pages that's all I'm going to say.

# 52 DamnYanks2 @ 01/18/12 06:08 PM
I trust the MLB Show Team more then any other gave developer, because they have given me great reason to do so. Reserve judgement... These guys never steer us in the wrong direction.

# 53 Mynameztwitch @ 01/18/12 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Wait until we reveal the mode then decide. We have yet to do that and no one else has revealed the mode. The amazon page has a two sentence description with wrong information. Our handbook for Diamond Dynasty is over 10 pages that's all I'm going to say.
Thank you commenting on the issue. I always reserve judgement until I hear what a developer has to say. You guys are the ones working on the game not amazon. There is no way that you guys would have put all of this work into a mode if you had simply copied it from another game.

I will wait impatiently for the official word on Diamond Dynasty.

# 54 BlingBlaine @ 01/18/12 07:15 PM
This is veeering way away from "the most realistic baseball game" aspect of the show, whats next, fire on the baseball or battle baseball, where you lose players during the game?

Not something Im interested in the least bit. Its incredibly unrealistic.

# 55 ped3328 @ 01/18/12 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk

I agree 100 % with you. I'm exclusively an offline player. I could'nt care less about a new mode. So long as it is a good game to play on the field, I will be very happy. Hopefully, they tweaked what was wrong with last year's game, albeit they sent us some updates to rectify some problems. With the new ball physics, new uniforms and new ball park in Miami and other bits and pieces, that's all I care for. That's my 2 cents.

# 56 BravesBoy @ 01/18/12 07:25 PM
Quote:

"BANG BISCUIT" Rack heeeeeeem!!

# 57 ckarlic @ 01/18/12 07:31 PM
Quote:

Exactly what I was saying. Amazon's description is different than what is in the play station blog. Plus Russ already said it is something we haven' t seen done elsewhere. I assume he knows what other games have done since they are actively on these forums as well.

# 58 Blzer @ 01/18/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Exactly what I was saying. Amazon's description is different than what is in the play station blog. Plus Russ already said it is something we haven' t seen done elsewhere. I assume he knows what other games have done since they are actively on these forums as well.
To be fair, the blog says the mode contains elements that haven't been seen before in a sports game. It doesn't say anything about the entire mode being something unlike we have ever seen.

# 59 GibsonD90 @ 01/18/12 08:06 PM
One thing I'm curious about is whether or not Diamond Dynasty will be single player. I don't really do much multiplayer when it comes to baseball games but I would like to play it by myself.

Thanks Russel for coming in here and calming these crazy people down. Someone types 2 sentences and it becomes mass hysteria!

# 60 jkra0512 @ 01/18/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBlaine
This is veeering way away from "the most realistic baseball game" aspect of the show, whats next, fire on the baseball or battle baseball, where you lose players during the game?

Not something Im interested in the least bit. Its incredibly unrealistic.
Well, there is hot foot in baseball, so maybe that's one of the "little things" for next year?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.