Home
News Post

Game Informer has posted their MLB 12 The Show preview.

Quote:
A large part of achieving a true broadcast simulation rests on the lips of the commentary team. This year, Matt Vasgersian, Dave Campbell, and Eric Karros speak more to events tied to your season and less about team history or what happened in real-life last year. Like the highly lauded contextual commentary in the NBA 2K series, these announcers live more in the moment, talking about the Cy Young race during your franchise season or commenting on players having breakout years.

On the baseball diamond, Sony has reworked a large portion of the control mechanics. If players want a more challenging or realistic experience while batting, they can now control the location of their swing on the game controller. The right analog stick controls stride and swing, and the left stick handles the aiming.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blzer @ 01/26/12 05:10 PM
LOL and I love how this image feels like a giant slap into the face to North-siders:

I know they can't do anything about it, but they're like, "Yeah, that's how it's going to look, big whoop wanna fight about it?" I like that demeanor.

# 2 thaSLAB @ 01/26/12 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
LOL and I love how this image feels like a giant slap into the face to North-siders:

I know they can't do anything about it, but they're like, "Yeah, that's how it's going to look, big whoop wanna fight about it?" I like that demeanor.
To be fair, as of today (in real life), it looks like that... well, minus the bleachers.

# 3 DickDalewood @ 01/26/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
To be fair, as of today (in real life), it looks like that... well, minus the bleachers.
Yah... it's just the bleachers... I can live with it, haha. Still looks like Wrigley!

# 4 GreenGlen @ 01/26/12 05:55 PM
By trimming down the visual presentation, games can be completed in 20 to 25 minutes tops.

What?

How is that possible? Even PS3 fastplay can't be completed in 20-25 minutes.

# 5 myghty @ 01/26/12 05:57 PM
Nothing we haven't heard about already... moving on.

# 6 tnixen @ 01/26/12 05:57 PM
What do they mean by "street-mapped cameras"?

# 7 Russell_SCEA @ 01/26/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
What do they mean by "street-mapped cameras"?

It's a miss quote

# 8 tnixen @ 01/26/12 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's a miss quote

Thanks

# 9 nomo17k @ 01/26/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
By trimming down the visual presentation, games can be completed in 20 to 25 minutes tops.

What?

How is that possible? Even PS3 fastplay can't be completed in 20-25 minutes.
I say it isn't out of reach, though it must feel a bit tight... PS3 FastPlay game run 40 - 45 min for CPU vs CPU game for me. I thought they could save some time between innings, foul ball cut scenes (major time saver!), etc. Assuming a game runs for 25 min and both teams throw 145 pitches,

(25 * 60 sec ) / (145 * 2 pitches) = 5 sec per pitch

I guess doable...

# 10 Blzer @ 01/26/12 06:03 PM
Quote:
It's a miss quote
Mmmhmmmm

# 11 pistolpete @ 01/26/12 06:06 PM
The syncing of franchise and RTTS between ps3 and Vita sounds like it was made for me. I have 1 TV in the house and my wife and kid dominate it. If I can start a franchise on it, and play games in my bed this is heaven to me.

# 12 econoodle @ 01/26/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
It's a miss quote
what did they mean to put?

# 13 myghty @ 01/26/12 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
street vendor camera

# 14 GreenGlen @ 01/26/12 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I say it isn't out of reach, though it must feel a bit tight... PS3 FastPlay game run 40 - 45 min for CPU vs CPU game for me. I thought they could save some time between innings, foul ball cut scenes (major time saver!), etc. Assuming a game runs for 25 min and both teams throw 145 pitches,

(25 * 60 sec ) / (145 * 2 pitches) = 5 sec per pitch

I guess doable...
It also takes me 40-45 minutes for cpu vs cpu and playing slightly longer. Perhaps they might be able to cut some time by subtracting those scenes but keep in mind they also included batting and pitching stats cut scenes(which ps3 fp does not have) and have some foul scenes in the vita. They might have cut out the homerun scenes, mound visits and pitching changes, and between innings scenes but the total cut scenes for the B/P stats might total that. Hopefully we get a game that a 145 pitches are thrown!

# 15 nomo17k @ 01/26/12 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
It also takes me 40-45 minutes for cpu vs cpu and playing slightly longer. Perhaps they might be able to cut some time by subtracting those scenes but keep in mind they also included batting and pitching stats cut scenes(which ps3 fp does not have) and have some foul scenes in the vita. They might have cut out the homerun scenes, mound visits and pitching changes, and between innings scenes but the total cut scenes for the B/P stats might total that. Hopefully we get a game that a 145 pitches are thrown!
Or it might be that most players don't make that many pitches when playing... I quoted 145 pitches just because it's roughly the MLB average, but then strike to ball ratio would be smaller... A lot of gamers just keep throwing strikes, so in that case the game time will be much shorter.

I'd be happy if it runs around 30 min for CPU vs CPU games though... If anything I might want an option to take time between pitches, if Vita ends up becoming my main mode of play.

# 16 pistolpete @ 01/26/12 06:29 PM
Maybe pitch counts will be way down on the vita.

# 17 Russell_SCEA @ 01/26/12 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

I don't' remember I did that interview over a month ago. I probably said more MLB type camera's but I'm not certain.

# 18 Doormat @ 01/26/12 07:07 PM
Those new broadcast features... can't wait

# 19 nemesis04 @ 01/26/12 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOpinions
Hopefully sometime soon we get to see screens of "Marlins Ballpark" as David Samson named it today...
Can't wait to see that beautiful art piece in centerfield again!

# 20 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/26/12 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Can't wait to see that beautiful art piece in centerfield again!

/shudder

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.