Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Falcon999 @ 02/08/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
Based on the amount of responses for those wanting a full presentation game for the vita, the developers may have just assumed(IMO incorrectly) that the show gamers would have wanted a quick on the go game. Again this was not about power as the vita was capable of broadcast presentation.
This is something I don't buy from marketing departement. If it would have been technically possible to do a full port of all features ( with some adapted I agree), they would have jumped on that opportunity. But they have technical hurdles, and I perfectly understand that. I don't have any problem with that, I'm sure they did a great job. Where I have a problem is since they're about to launch it in NA with in mind that they have a portable PS3, they will never admit that they dropped some features because of the hardware limitation. They're not that crazy. It's a marketing strategy alignement, I'm sure SCEA PR team have nothing to do with it.

My only concern with Vita versus MLB is: is the gap will be bigger next year as they will add more and more features on the PS3 ?

For sure I won't know until next year. So I am questionning myself now, should I take the risk and buy one or not. It's legit I think to not buy right away everything a marketing department is telling you, whatever the product is.

# 62 Knight165 @ 02/08/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
This is something I don't buy from marketing departement. If it would have been technically possible to do a full port of all features ( with some adapted I agree), they would have jumped on that opportunity. But they have technical hurdles, and I perfectly understand that. I don't have any problem with that, I'm sure they did a great job. Where I have a problem is since they're about to launch it in NA with in mind that they have a portable PS3, they will never admit that they dropped some features because of the hardware limitation. They're not that crazy. It's a marketing strategy alignement, I'm sure SCEA PR team have nothing to do with it.

My only concern with Vita versus MLB is: is the gap will be bigger next year as they will add more and more features on the PS3 ?

For sure I won't know until next year. So I am questionning myself now, should I take the risk and buy one or not. It's legit I think to not buy right away everything a marketing department is telling you, whatever the product is.
This is not from marketing.
The dev team had a plan in mind, in regards to what handheld gamers do and want when playing on a handheld device. They don't want to sit there for 1 1/2 hours with it to play one game, which is the "complaint" from people playing on PS3's...even with fast play on.
They specifically went this route for the game.
I can't believe there are conspiracy theories already popping up about the Vita.
I think it's legit to say....you guys are a little nuts.

M.K.
Knight165

# 63 Blzer @ 02/08/12 12:23 PM
Isn't the PS3 fast play option quicker than Vita's fast play system?

# 64 Knight165 @ 02/08/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Isn't the PS3 fast play option quicker than Vita's fast play system?
I don't believe so.
I'm not sure though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 65 GreenGlen @ 02/08/12 12:42 PM
There is no way the vita version would be quicker then the ps3 mlb 11' version of fastplay. That version did not have the intros or the batter walkup stat displays, which the vita has. Start a fastplay in 11' and compare to video. It is clear that the game will be a little longer unless you bypass the cutscreens.

# 66 tmats @ 02/08/12 12:59 PM
I just would have preferred the option to have the full presentation and "x" through it or opt for fast play if I want to skip them.
Just my preference.

# 67 Falcon999 @ 02/08/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The dev team had a plan in mind, in regards to what handheld gamers do and want when playing on a handheld device. They don't want to sit there for 1 1/2 hours with it to play one game, which is the "complaint" from people playing on PS3's...even with fast play on.
I can't believe there are conspiracy theories already popping up about the Vita.

M.K.
Knight165
conspiracy ? Never said that. If people don't go your way we're nuts.

Wow !

# 68 Knight165 @ 02/08/12 01:15 PM
Quote:

con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural -cies.

Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

While "conspiracy" may be a bit over the top....collusion could be a better term.
What you are alluding to in the bolded sections....is certainly saying that there is a deliberate attempt to hide something or mislead the consumers(fraud) deliberately.

WOW yourself.

M.K.
Knight165

# 69 Knight165 @ 02/08/12 01:20 PM
Quote:
There is no way the vita version would be quicker then the ps3 mlb 11' version of fastplay. That version did not have the intros or the batter walkup stat displays, which the vita has. Start a fastplay in 11' and compare to video. It is clear that the game will be a little longer unless you bypass the cutscreens.
You could be right.
I was just thinking I heard them saying it would be faster than fast play though.
I'm probably wrong though!

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 GreenGlen @ 02/08/12 01:32 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
I know this is beating a dead horse. But my thought is do habits of handheld gamers really apply to the fanatical following that the show has specifically those that want an authentic feel. I would not argue that most handheld gamers play for shorter period of time. The game may have been targeted for ps3 players who want to pick up an extra game while traveling, but as you can see from one of the posters here, they would not consider playing a playoff game on the vita. Why? because it is lacking that authentic feel (broadcast cut screens)which the show has touted as being closer than ever to watching the real thing on tv. It could work in conjunction with the ps3 version; if that is the intent, then it will be a success. But it likely won’t be a replacement for the ps3 version. That's all I’m saying.

# 71 nomo17k @ 02/08/12 01:41 PM
Quote:
I know this is beating a dead horse. But my thought is do habits of handheld gamers really apply to the fanatical following that the show has specifically those that want an authentic feel. I would not argue that most handheld gamers play for shorter period of time. The game may have been targeted for ps3 players who want to pick up an extra game while traveling, but as you can see from one of the posters here, they would not consider playing a playoff game on the vita. Why? because it is lacking that authentic feel (broadcast cut screens)which the show has touted as being closer than ever to watching the real thing on tv. It could work in conjunction with the ps3 version; if that is the intent, then it will be a success. But it likely won’t be a replacement for the ps3 version. That's all I’m saying.
I agree with this and when the opportunity arises to cast a vote on the availability of presentation modes, I will vote for (optional) full presentations.

Of course the devs are smart enough to do marketing research beforehand and their decisions must have been based on the (predicted) usage of Vita users. But there are use cases that might have gone out of their radar... in which case we just remind them that we want certain things......

And from what it looks like from the response here that there aren't many prospective the-Show buyers who would not want full presentation on Vita.

# 72 sbmnky @ 02/08/12 01:55 PM
Quote:
I play a full game in approximately 45 minutes with Fast Play in '11. I'm anticipating the same amount of time for the Vita, although I remember seeing/hearing that a game can be completed in around 30 minutes.

# 73 Greene_Flash03 @ 02/08/12 02:16 PM
Does the Vita version has Tru-Broadcast?

# 74 sbmnky @ 02/08/12 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Does the Vita version has Tru-Broadcast?
No - fast play only.

# 75 bluealtoid @ 02/08/12 02:59 PM
Quote:
I think the goal is for it to NOT be a replacement for the ps3 version. They want us to buy both (obviously). I'm pretty bummed about this as I would love for fast play to be just an option. My gut tells me they needed to save on resources- and if it came down to being lots of presentation with worse graphics or no presentation with superior graphics I think I'd choose the latter.

# 76 Falcon999 @ 02/08/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural -cies.

Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

While "conspiracy" may be a bit over the top....collusion could be a better term.
What you are alluding to in the bolded sections....is certainly saying that there is a deliberate attempt to hide something or mislead the consumers(fraud) deliberately.

WOW yourself.

M.K.
Knight165
What? Seriously? Wow again!

Vita have some limitation and they had to make compromise like any game porting to any other platform.

You're really over-reacting when someone not saying what you would like him to say. Wow

# 77 nomo17k @ 02/08/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
What? Seriously? Wow again!

Vita have some limitation and they had to make compromise like any game porting to any other platform.

You're really over-reacting when someone not saying what you would like him to say. Wow
You are making an assumption that may or may not be true in this particular case for the Show not implementing the full presentation mode, and you are basing your whole opinion on that speculation which may or may not be baseless. When you do that, you always risk yourself of being labeled a conspiracy theorist. And that's what Knight is saying (and the way I feel about your argument as well).

It's true a platform always has its limitations, but nobody has ever said or indicated that it's platform limitation that prevented the devs from implementing the full presentation mode.

# 78 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/08/12 03:41 PM
The Vita has no "limitation" holding anything out.

In fact we were told it had much more memory to work with than the PS3. And in essence had more power in certain aspects.

It was a design decision.

# 79 nemesis04 @ 02/08/12 03:47 PM
I find it interesting how the psp version of the Show was half the game the Vita is now. Overall people loved the psp version, I am really surprised how many are upset over the presentation pace. At least you have umpires now! In all seriousness the game did not feel like it was rushing you along while playing.

# 80 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/08/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I find it interesting how the psp version of the Show was half the game the Vita is now. Overall people loved the psp version, I am really surprised how many are upset over the presentation pace. At least you have umpires now! In all seriousness the game did not feel like it was rushing you along while playing.
Agreed. It felt "just right" on a hand held if that makes sense. I had no issue transitioning.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.