Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Factzzz @ 02/06/12 08:26 PM
Man, I can`t wait, I`m just trying to see any kind of gameplay i can, i don`t even have a Vita.

# 2 Blzer @ 02/06/12 08:33 PM
LOL at the top two comments.

No videos have seemed to show it yet, but I assume you can use the left stick to aim pitches still, correct? If not, that's like... a huge bummer haha.

# 3 nomo17k @ 02/06/12 08:52 PM
I like how the ball bounces off the ground and how it feels like the ball is actually traveling in the air. Can feel the ball has its weight...

Actually, this may have been asked already... but do we have an option of changing the pitching/batting view? I guess we do, but since we only have the new Fast Play presentation, I'm not sure...

# 4 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
LOL at the top two comments.

No videos have seemed to show it yet, but I assume you can use the left stick to aim pitches still, correct? If not, that's like... a huge bummer haha.
Really Blzer?

Do you have to ask?

# 5 myghty @ 02/06/12 08:59 PM
That looks really good, might have to sell some stuff to get a Vita into my budget.

# 6 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/12 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I like how the ball bounces off the ground and how it feels like the ball is actually traveling in the air. Can feel the ball has its weight...

Actually, this may have been asked already... but do we have an option of changing the pitching/batting view? I guess we do, but since we only have the new Fast Play presentation, I'm not sure...
Yes all the views are there.

# 7 Blzer @ 02/06/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Really Blzer?

Do you have to ask?

LOL hey all I'm saying is they haven't showed it yet. In fact, I would 99.99% guarantee that you could navigate through the Vita home screen with the left analog stick, but low and behold it's touch screen only. Never in the world would have I imagined that.

# 8 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/12 09:33 PM
I used the D Pad to navigate /shrug

And yes you can choose pitch location with the analog stick. Come on man.

"It plays exactly like the PS3 version" had been repeated by us since the CE.

# 9 Blzer @ 02/06/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
I used the D Pad to navigate /shrug
Plenty of reviews online show that this is not possible on the Japanese model, neither with the directional pad nor with the left-analog stick.

Quote:
And yes you can choose pitch location with the analog stick. Come on man.
I was asking for clarification. Again, not a single video has shown it. It's a legitimate concern when no single video shows it, especially after seeing that the Vita menu doesn't even allow for it.

Quote:
"It plays exactly like the PS3 version" had been repeated by us since the CE.
The game doesn't have Diamond Dynasty or Sounds of the Show, and the Vita doesn't have pressure-sensitive face buttons, is missing two extra shoulder buttons and clickable analog sticks, and very much uses the touchscreen for many things (as well as a rear touchpad). Hell, the game doesn't even have automatic replays (I know it was a creative decision, but so would be limiting pitch control to touchscreen only).

I'm not saying they should have these things, but I heard about all of these after I heard the "exactly the same" business. I am more than understanding of the game playing "exactly the same," but sometimes there simply are differences. I merely asked to ask, just like nomo asked a legitimate question. I got my answer. I don't think my question needs to necessarily be stupider than someone else's.

Some of us didn't get the opportunity to play this game yet, so I do appreciate the answer; I just don't need the fluff added to it.

# 10 Knight165 @ 02/06/12 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholic04
Cool, I didnt know they added a "stretch and toss" option for the 'pen. I wonder what kind of advantage it has?
Okay....I'm probably going to remember the labels wrong....so I'll leave them out...
One is a regular warmup....and I know that there is one that is a warmup and then he will toss one for one to keep warm without getting too tired for putting in the game.
I can't remember if there was a quick warmup yet.

M.K.
Knight165

# 11 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/12 09:47 PM
Gameplay Blzer, Gameplay!!!

I was using analog throwing... so pressure sensitive buttons did not apply.

You are mentioning features.

But no, I was lying, you can't select pitch location. It is all on rails.

Not trying to rag. But that is honestly a silly question. If it was done on the PSP, and this plays on the field like the PS3, so with all this modern technology? Why could you not select pitch location?

Just seems like things are being dwelled too deep. Common sense IMO.

# 12 Blzer @ 02/06/12 09:49 PM
LOL again, I appreciate the answer. I just didn't need to hear "Come on, seriously?" The concern was legitimate. I expected you could use it, but for the sake of being sure, I asked.

At any rate, you're right... gameplay is essentially the same. Control schemes obviously can't be though, since the Vita has different buttons (and, as we said, a touch screen).

Quote:
Not trying to rag. But that is honestly a silly question. If it was done on the PSP, and this plays on the field like the PS3, so with all this modern technology? Why could you not select pitch location?

Just seems like things are being dwelled too deep. Common sense IMO.
Touché. I was just making sure SCEA had common sense. I would also think the bubbles in the Vita menu would, with common sense, be navigatable with the analog stick and D-pad. I would also think there would be a system, like in offline multiplayer, to keep the Pulse Pitching cursor centered with "pitching cursor" set to off. However, as it stands, this is not how it works.

Common sense goes a long way. What matters is where that line ends, especially when I can name examples where things forgot to use common sense (plus the fact that, again, no video has yet used the analog stick, which is kind of weird for them).

# 13 thaSLAB @ 02/06/12 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
LOL hey all I'm saying is they haven't showed it yet. In fact, I would 99.99% guarantee that you could navigate through the Vita home screen with the left analog stick, but low and behold it's touch screen only. Never in the world would have I imagined that.
You are correct about the Vita interface being touch only. The in-game interface can be controlled by touch, d-pad, buttons or analogs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/12 10:10 PM
Trust me Blzer. You don't need to make sure these guys have "common sense".

They are some of the best on the biz. Have extremely talented programmers, designers, and artists. Yes, more than us armchair developers can realize.

Anywho...

# 15 Galvatron @ 02/06/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
You are correct about the Vita interface being touch only. The in-game interface can be controlled by touch, d-pad, buttons or analogs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
That's news to me. Very strange decision.

# 16 statnut @ 02/06/12 10:44 PM
As McCutchen was batting in the first, I thought "Tabata has good speed, I'm surprised he hasn't stolen second yet." As soon as that thought finished, Tabata was off to the races. Well played Tabata.

# 17 GreenGlen @ 02/06/12 11:20 PM
I very happy they did not chose the ps3 fastplay route, which is really just baseball. This makes the vita version of fast play very balanced. Also that is how you can a 20 minute game that one of the developers was mentioning by fast forwarding... makes sense now.

# 18 KMRblue1027 @ 02/06/12 11:26 PM
I hope they add the vita fast play to the ps3 version. It seems really well done.

# 19 Russell_SCEA @ 02/07/12 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRblue1027
I hope they add the vita fast play to the ps3 version. It seems really well done.
The PS3 version gives you the option for batter walk ups and HR celebration camera as options in fast play. There are also some other little automatic nuggets that happen in the PS3 version of fast play.

# 20 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/07/12 12:15 AM
Who is us? I'm going to buy it.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.