Home
News Post

First of all I wanna thank everyone who had a hand in this set that Knight has thanked before. Its been an honor to work with such a great set of editors. Also thanks to OS, in my opinion the greatest message board and sports gaming site on the web..bar none. Knight would have put this post up tonight had he not had an illness but lets be real... without him this set would not be possible...so cheers to you M.K!

Ok so whats included...

-corrections from ST version
-MLB lineups/rotations should be accurate as of opening day
-AAA lineups rotations as close as possible..minors cant be perfect due to lower level prospects
-transactions up to today
-updated transactions
-we tried to get as many requests from you guys in as possible

Again thanks to everyone and Enjoy!

Vault under PSN Ridindwnkingsley OSFM Opening day25 man roster version (Hustlinowl) http://www.sendspace.com/file/hpb5vu

V1.5 Also in the vault
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ty9a4
-AAA and AA more accurate including career minor leaguers with mlb service time given service time..so no promotions and then rookie status
-tons of fixes to the original OD set
- transactions accurate to current day
- ratings tweaks to any Low rated scea player..no big stars most are low depth chart guys rated way off
- SCEA caps imported from roster updates only if a decent version...some appearances then tweaked (Darvish, Cespedes etc)
-25 man rosters
- remember this roster will be missing a chunk of the lower level prospects in order to add the AAA and AA guys

This is mainly for guys who like playing with accurate minor leagues

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DETROITROB @ 04/12/12 02:59 PM
im having the same issue. really sucks!

# 142 DrUrsus @ 04/12/12 03:01 PM
Thanks a bunch Knight, Ridin, Hustlin Owl and everyone involved. Thanks to you guys this busy doctor gets to squeeze some play time in with real rosters. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Dr. Ursus

# 143 mjsthebest @ 04/12/12 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
Yeah Hustlin' did make his 25-man (and I'm sure he did a great job like always, I used his last year) but people are apparently still having trouble with his even as far as lineups/pitching rotations are concerned.

Again, this isn't something you guys need to do. It's just a suggestion because I think you'll quickly get tired of all the comments about lineup/rotation changes (and I won't blame ya.)
I too am having trouble with Owl's new 25 man roster. The Spring Training version seemed to stick for me but not the opening day one. I'm almost about to say screw it, DL the OSFM Opening Day version and manual set the rosters myself after I simulate through Spring Training.

# 144 Frythatchicken @ 04/12/12 03:15 PM
A franchise file ends all of this.

# 145 Totte @ 04/12/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Did we change his contract?....I didn't think so....unless it's his real one.
Original one was 1/3 and 7,6 million. The OSFM OD set has him at 1/5 and 19,9 million.

# 146 sink4ever @ 04/12/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwrite7
A franchise file ends all of this.
I don't believe you can change teams once a franchise starts, so you could only provide a 30-team control franchise file.

# 147 beantownbruins @ 04/12/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
Original one was 1/3 and 7,6 million. The OSFM OD set has him at 1/5 and 19,9 million.
Cause he got a 2 year extension. Didn't he?

# 148 Totte @ 04/12/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Cause he got a 2 year extension. Didn't he?
In a way, yes, but the way I thought it worked is that both salary and contract years are fully randomized based on the current ratings you've given the player when you do the FA3 thing.

# 149 mjsthebest @ 04/12/12 03:29 PM
If we start a 30 team franchise with OSFM OD rosters, simulate spring training and before season game one we manually set the lineups/rotations for all teams, does the CPU at least keep the same 40 man roster that exists within Knight and co.'s roster? So basically all there is to do is reset the MLB (and subsequently AAA) lineups and rotations?

# 150 Frythatchicken @ 04/12/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I don't believe you can change teams once a franchise starts, so you could only provide a 30-team control franchise file.
Exactly that is what has been done in past. I've tried everything and they won't stick. And after injuries occur, forget about it.

Last year there was a no franchise sharing code by Sony but then they changed it and thus, hustlin owl uploaded the franchise file and all was swell in the village. Hustlin, we beg that you ride in upon your white owl once again to rid us village people of our strife

# 151 beantownbruins @ 04/12/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
In a way, yes, but the way I thought it worked is that both salary and contract years are fully randomized based on the current ratings you've given the player when you do the FA3 thing.
O wow I have no idea how that works. I just remember reading that he signed an extension. I'm sure Knight or Ridin will explain it in this thread.

# 152 juicer420 @ 04/12/12 03:49 PM
I uploaded a franchise file. It is 30 team control. It's not perfect, and the lineups may have reset. I didn't check. But I got all the injuries in and restored the 40 man rosters. There are probably a few mistakes.

The only thing is...I uploaded 40 extra Giants prospects and stuck them in free agency. For the most part I overwrote fake players or whoever they were, but had to overwrite a couple SCEA players. Like some low tier catchers. No one that you want to see retire or anyone who can still make a difference on a team.

Check it out if you want to.

MLB 12 The Show SF Giants Franchise File

# 153 The Kid 24 @ 04/12/12 03:53 PM
Quote:
Exactly that is what has been done in past. I've tried everything and they won't stick. And after injuries occur, forget about it.

Last year there was a no franchise sharing code by Sony but then they changed it and thus, hustlin owl uploaded the franchise file and all was swell in the village. Hustlin, we beg that you ride in upon your white owl once again to rid us village people of our strife
Did you make sure Seattle has 25 players on there roster? And with the teams that have 4 man rotations, did you make sure they all have full 5 man rotations?

# 154 will_leisure @ 04/12/12 03:54 PM
Quote:

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I recall sometime in late April last year, Hustlin or someone that took Hustlin's roster gave everyone a link on the Internet to their franchise save with all the steps completed and all the correct players already on the DL (I think everyone had head contusions, ha!). That was when all the pitch edits were done too, I think.

We couldn't share franchises because Sony didn't give us that option, but someone found out that if we modified our sliders and then saved the franchise, it would allow us to copy and save that person's file to our PS3s

# 155 Frythatchicken @ 04/12/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Did you make sure Seattle has 25 players on there roster? And with the teams that have 4 man rotations, did you make sure they all have full 5 man rotations?
I did it for yanks only as a test. Rather than going through all that work for nothing.

# 156 ksig24 @ 04/12/12 04:04 PM
Anyone care to make a Jake Skole and Josh Sale and throw them in the vault.

# 157 The Kid 24 @ 04/12/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
I did it for yanks only as a test. Rather than going through all that work for nothing.
That is part of the reason why everything is messed up...

Seattle's roster only has 23 players on it and there is about 4-5 teams with 4 man rotations.

Fix those things and you should be golden.

# 158 Frythatchicken @ 04/12/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
That is part of the reason why everything is messed up...

Seattle's roster only has 23 players on it and there is about 4-5 teams with 4 man rotations.

Fix those things and you should be golden.
Yea but how would fixing that impact yanks lineup from shuffling?

# 159 seanjeezy @ 04/12/12 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Anyone care to make a Jake Skole and Josh Sale and throw them in the vault.
I am proud to say in the two games I pitched against Sale during summer ball a couple of years ago he only had 1 hit off of me

# 160 The Kid 24 @ 04/12/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Yea but how would fixing that impact yanks lineup from shuffling?
Because the CPU randomly fills in the empty spots and it messes everything up with every other team.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.