Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (Fast forward to roughly 12:55)
  • No more psychic DB's, DB's have to see the ball, before they can make a play on the ball
  • 25 different pass trajectory zones (Drop it over LB's, lead your receiver using left stick)
  • 20+ new dropbacks, including new screen play dropbacks
  • New rollout passing animations, will still be difficult to complete passes throwing against your body, as you will not have enough arm strength
  • Icons are dimmed out, until they are actually "ready" to make a catch
  • Available in stores July 10th

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/13/12 01:26 AM

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (Fast forward to roughly 12:55)
  • No more psychic DB's, DB's have to see the ball, before they can make a play on the ball
  • 25 different pass trajectory zones (Drop it over LB's, lead your receiver using left stick)
  • 20+ new dropbacks, including new screen play dropbacks
  • New rollout passing animations, will still be difficult to complete passes throwing against your body, as you will not have enough arm strength
  • Icons are dimmed out, until they are actually "ready" to make a catch
  • Available in stores July 10th

# 2 weeeeeeez @ 04/13/12 01:28 AM
Hmmmm intriguing.

# 3 huntt26 @ 04/13/12 01:28 AM
QB rollout animations look good

# 4 bcruise @ 04/13/12 01:29 AM
Claim of "no more psychic DB's" is noted, and goes into the memory banks.

# 5 weeeeeeez @ 04/13/12 01:29 AM
NO MORE PSYCHIC DB'S !!!

# 6 huntt26 @ 04/13/12 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Claim of "no more psychic DB's" is noted, and goes into the memory banks.
Yep, hope it holds true!

# 7 johnnyg713 @ 04/13/12 01:30 AM
gameplay did not look as updated as I thought it would be.

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/13/12 01:32 AM
I just hope they better tune the player models though. That QB was too damn buff.

# 9 TripleCrown9 @ 04/13/12 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
What?? that could be bad
I think it may be closer to not being able to throw it until he's open.

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/13/12 01:33 AM
Quote:
What?? that could be bad
Not really. It will prevent people from forcing the ball down field and manually user catching a ball that wasn't even the designed route.

# 11 huntt26 @ 04/13/12 01:33 AM
Quote:
What?? that could be bad
They are not visible until they run the route, but I am sure you can still throw it to them. I think he said they are more likely to catch the ball if their icon is colored, but it all happened so fast lol

# 12 reco @ 04/13/12 01:33 AM
that sure was short clip but good info! bama ranked #2 im excited!

# 13 SteelerSpartan @ 04/13/12 01:34 AM
Anyone see any glaring horrid DL/OL Play???

# 14 PVarck31 @ 04/13/12 01:37 AM
Have to say I am pretty impressed. New passing mechanics were needed badly.

# 15 SageInfinite @ 04/13/12 01:38 AM
I liked everything I heard, but those animations

# 16 reco @ 04/13/12 01:39 AM
i need to see this again!

# 17 capn_razzamataz @ 04/13/12 01:42 AM
In terms of features: It all sounds good. I'll wait to play the game before giving praise, though. Forever negative.

In terms of animations (minus the tackling animations from last year): PROJECTILEVOMIT DOT GIF

EDIT: Interested to see how the new passing system is controlled.
EDIT 2: Players still turning stopping/turning on a dime.
EDIT 3: Fixed for SteelerSpartan

# 18 capn_razzamataz @ 04/13/12 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelraul12
those animations are from NCAA 2012.
How long are we going to use this excuse? If it still looks like this during the demo are people still going to say "Well they probably just didn't have time to put the new animations into the demo. They'll be in the full game for sure!"

Sorry for being Negative Nancy.

EDIT: I LOVE EDITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 19 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/13/12 01:48 AM
Yeah, they need to work on those animations and player models. But trajectories was badly needed to be fixed. This leads me to some questions:

1. Will the QB awareness have an effect on how fast the passing icons light up ? As in a higher awareness QB can spot an open WR quicker, therefore the icon will be visible as soon as the WR is open, but a low awareness QB won't see it right away and therefore it will take longer for the icon to light up ?

2. What ratings determines the type of trajectories a QB can and can't throw ? Since surely not EVERY QB can throw all 25 types right ?

3. Are there new ratings in the game ? What rating determines a player's field of vision ? Awareness or will it be a new one specifically for that, that decides how quickly or how often a player turns his head to look for the ball ?

4. Since QBs this year appear to throw on the run now, is there finally a throw on the run rating for NCAA ?

# 20 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/13/12 01:49 AM
Sounds good, definitely has me intrigued for the demo.

Wondering if they talked about everything or if more details will be forthcoming on Tuesday.

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.