Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Phobia @ 04/17/12 05:43 PM
Also while watching this "playbook" video. I wanted to comment on something that was said and part of a reason why the camera holds back the game some.

They are talking about the new QB avoidance in the pocket. Then he said "it helps you keep your eyes down field". Now I don't know about you guys, but I play a huge issue of......look up on the screen....look down at QB....quickly look back at Wrs.....oh wait is their pressure, look back down at QB.....etc etc.

The way the camera is situated the field is elongated vertically which makes it impossible to look "past" the O-line and watch your WRs while keeping a eye on pressure with your peripheral vision.

If the camera was lowered over the shoulder of the QB more so then it would be much easier to keep a eye on both the pass rush and the WRs/DBs. Without panicking if that "let go block" animation triggers and you suffer a sack at the worst time which we currently deal with now.

# 42 freernnur5 @ 04/17/12 05:50 PM
Am I the only one that thinks some of the guys look huge, especially the skill positions?

# 43 freernnur5 @ 04/17/12 05:51 PM
Also the drop back steps are a nice small touch, but if we remain locked into their animations again and I can't move to avoid a blitzer they will be pointless imo.

# 44 Simple Mathematics @ 04/17/12 06:02 PM
Really? 3, 5, and 7 step drops? That's like the NHL team promoting "All New- Slapshots!"

# 45 der juicen @ 04/17/12 06:09 PM
Hopefully this culls some of the more annoying online users from playing.

# 46 DJ @ 04/17/12 06:15 PM
Well, that didn't do much to sell me on the game. The pass trajectories don't look any different than what we have currently in NCAA Football (especially on PS3 since the buttons are pressure-sensitive).

The part about the WR "not looking" or "looking" was bad b/c you're lead to believe that if the WR isn't looking, you shouldn't throw him the ball, but instead, the ball does go that way and he magically catches the ball.

Pump fakes worked just fine before. I guess now that it's a two-handed fake, it's different. The shovel pass wasn't even a shovel pass, more like an underhanded toss, but I'll take it.

The catch animations are great, but they touted that last year and you never saw any unless you user-caught the ball. So, for guys that just like to pass the ball and let the AI receivers make a play, you were out of luck last year. Hopefully, that's been changed this year.

Graphics look about the same as NCAA 12, too.

# 47 SemperVictoria @ 04/17/12 06:29 PM
Yawn.

Same ole same ole. If you've liked last year's--you'll probably enjoy '13.

I'm probably just getting too long in the tooth--but EA's football titles have become too boring and too frustrating for me to enjoy anymore.

I'll pass.

# 48 DGMikeBarker @ 04/17/12 06:37 PM
Looks nice. I just hope they didn't forget about the O-line, D-line interactions.

# 49 noplace @ 04/17/12 06:52 PM
Yuck!!! Thats about all I can say after watching that vid...

# 50 Hiro1 @ 04/17/12 07:01 PM
Lol @ people complaining about the qb throwing to the wr "not looking". His icon cleary appears as Y before the QB unleashes it.

In the grand schemes of things I believe the video could have shown more. Showing drop backs that were already in the game when you claim 20+ has been added is pretty funny though. Oh well I'll wait and see.

# 51 johnnyg713 @ 04/17/12 07:11 PM
To be honest, after every years sizzle trailer I come away disappointed. I seem to be in the minority, but I'm actually very impressed. This is the 1st sizzle I've seen something new in every clip. Maybe EA is finally getting smarter with the trailers and showing all the best footage, but usually I see one "wow, I can't believe thats still in the game" clip.

# 52 JerzeyReign @ 04/17/12 07:16 PM
Wasn't impressed -- not to be negative but throughout the entire video I was kind of in a 'this should of been in' type of stance.

Still not a buy for me -- everything looks good when its 'shown off' but will it play like that once we get it in our hands?

# 53 jeremym480 @ 04/17/12 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Well, that didn't do much to sell me on the game. The pass trajectories don't look any different than what we have currently in NCAA Football (especially on PS3 since the buttons are pressure-sensitive).

The part about the WR "not looking" or "looking" was bad b/c you're lead to believe that if the WR isn't looking, you shouldn't throw him the ball, but instead, the ball does go that way and he magically catches the ball.

Pump fakes worked just fine before. I guess now that it's a two-handed fake, it's different. The shovel pass wasn't even a shovel pass, more like an underhanded toss, but I'll take it.

The catch animations are great, but they touted that last year and you never saw any unless you user-caught the ball. So, for guys that just like to pass the ball and let the AI receivers make a play, you were out of luck last year. Hopefully, that's been changed this year.

Graphics look about the same as NCAA 12, too.
Re-watch the trailer. He caught the ball because his icon lit up and the QB threw it to him when he was looking.

# 54 Pokes404 @ 04/17/12 07:20 PM
1:04 - Oh, over-the-shoulder catch, glad to see you made it another year. I was worried about you when they talked about a new passing system. If it weren't for you, I'd have to watch my WRs reach back and fight for an under-thrown ball.

But, I'd have to say, that last TD by Ohio State actually looked promising. The DB had pretty good coverage, and made a decent attempt to go up for the ball, but the receiver just had too good a position and went up strong for it. Didn't see any warping on either of their parts, the DB committed to the swat and didn't get sucked into a tackle animation in mid-air, and the catch animation was nice. I guess my only nitpick would be about the DB trying to swat with his left hand. Why wouldn't he lay out and try to swat it with his right? Seems much more natural. But still, like I said, that's getting into nitpick territory.

# 55 RGiles36 @ 04/17/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
EA u stressing so much on the passing game, where are these fundamentals things in football at?? Stop with your casual/tournament games of 400 yards and more without RISK/REWARD. Give us fundamentals!!!!!!!
Exactly! The passing game is NOT one of the fundamentals of football!

I know everyone is down on the OL/DL blocking, but I did like seeing the LG get driven back in the first sequence. I can't speak for NCAA, but in Madden, typically that block would've been shed at the LOS. It's cool to see the guard get beat but not tossed aside immediately at the snap. (Edit: it's the second sequence showing off the pump fake mechanic)

# 56 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/17/12 07:24 PM
Probably not going to be the most popular opinion, but I liked what I saw. Routes looked smoother, defenders actually seemed to be playing non-Professor X D. Can't wait to play it and see how it really feels.

# 57 roadman @ 04/17/12 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Wasn't impressed -- not to be negative but throughout the entire video I was kind of in a 'this should of been in' type of stance.

Still not a buy for me -- everything looks good when its 'shown off' but will it play like that once we get it in our hands?
We can't always continue to look over shoulders and say, would of, could of's, should of's.

I understand the sentiment, but if all this stuff they are implementing works, hopefully we can look towards the future instead of looking in the rear view mirror all the time.

# 58 bigsmallwood @ 04/17/12 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
go to EA sports.com and watch the playbook #2 video...it's over an hour long about the gameplay.
I'll check it out now and let you know what I think fam'

# 59 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/17/12 07:50 PM
I would rather have scaled down graphics and better gameplay physics and mechanics than broken gameplay and pristine photoshop replay models.

2005 BMW with some paint reduction in gloss... vs 2013 Chevy Cobalt with "fresh paint"...Get it EA?

SMH...

# 60 Dashdagreat @ 04/17/12 07:58 PM
must admit.... that looks pretty good

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.