Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Te-bow-ing... It's in the game.

According to Madden NFL 13 Creative Director Michael Young, Tebowing is in.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DeuceDouglas @ 05/19/12 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Is anyone really surprised that "Tebowing" is in this game? This team is probably going to have the most authentic game true to what you see in real life that we have ever seen in a Madden. I think this year there have been more improvements "on paper" than any other Madden and maybe even several combined. This team seems really dedicated to give us a great, authentic game, that we can enjoy all season long up until the next year's game comes out.
I'm not surprised. I think I'm just more annoyed than anything. You continue to be force fed something for so long and eventually you get sick from it. I can't wait to see his rating this year, if he has anything over 70 I'll be disappointed but I'm fully expecting him to be around a 76 which is absolutely hilarious.

# 22 PGaither84 @ 05/19/12 09:46 AM
It probably won't look right, just like Aaron Rodgers' Discount Double Check in Madden 12.

I don't care about Green Bay, but please EA... if you are going to put these in, at least TRY to make them look correct.

I want WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!?

Well, even if they don't I'll still be yelling that at me TV.

NOOO-BUHDY!

# 23 Pared @ 05/19/12 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It probably won't look right, just like Aaron Rodgers' Discount Double Check in Madden 12.

I don't care about Green Bay, but please EA... if you are going to put these in, at least TRY to make them look correct.
I agree - I hope it doesn't look as bad as some of the other player specific celebrations they put in the game.

To be fair, there's no emotion involved when "Tebowing" so it should be relative easy to get right.

# 24 nightwing95 @ 05/19/12 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
So does this mean when I play the Jets and they punt I get to see Tebow Tebowing behind the line?

Doesn't seem like that would be a very good personal punt protector if you ask me.
Include his signature wobbly *** pass that somehow gets there

# 25 BEARYChi @ 05/19/12 10:31 AM
They have to add it anyway.

# 26 Bull_Dozer @ 05/19/12 10:48 AM
Such bias. As a satanist, I demand that you now also include the ability to make the devil horns sign as a celebration!

# 27 Senator Palmer @ 05/19/12 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Since they got tebowing I'm pretty sure they should include Tom Bradying
Yeah, this definitely needs to be in...

# 28 Pezell04x @ 05/19/12 12:14 PM
All they need is Obama tebowing and life will get great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 29 TreyIM2 @ 05/19/12 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

LMAO!! - NO! I have to admit, even tho I was rooting for Tommy 'n' nem and was upset they lost, seeing him do that during the game actually made me laugh. He looked like a lil kid who just got his bike stolen or sumthin....

# 30 JerzeyReign @ 05/19/12 12:26 PM
Celebration implemented for a 56 OVR QB? Interesting... lol

If Tebowing aka praying is in, DeSean Jackson running backwards into the endzone or even falling backwards into the endzone should be in.

If they want, they could even add the one where he dropped the ball before he got in, lol.

# 31 m1ke_nyc @ 05/19/12 12:40 PM
Figured it would be in. Won a kickball game at work yesterday and we were Tebowing to celebrate.

# 32 GlennN @ 05/19/12 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Meh, it's not big news. I just hope the man hours of implementing a backup quarterbacks celebration didn't detract time away from vital parts of the game. It's cool, but not too neccesary. I rather all players have a way to distinguish themselves (generalities) than one player kneel down after a big play.
Amen (or pehaps I should say "agreed"). Backup QB celebrations will not make me buy the game. Besides, has nobody ever seen a guy kneel in prayer before Tebow? Players have been doing some form of that as long as I can recall.

# 33 willz1985 @ 05/19/12 01:58 PM
So instead of improving online franchises they decided to add a gimmick from a backup Quarterback.

Makes perfect sense EA..................

# 34 KBLover @ 05/19/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing95
Include his signature wobbly *** pass that somehow gets there
So I'm guessing you'd give him "Throws Tight Spiral: **** NO"

And LOL @ Brady complaining about calls. Show him griping at the Ref every once in while when he gets hit in the pocket or a WR gets hit to drop the ball.

Of course, putting Roughing the Passer at 55+ this year is pretty much the Brady rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
Such bias. As a satanist, I demand that you now also include the ability to make the devil horns sign as a celebration!
There's already a devil logo in the game, and it's pretty much the best one!

# 35 Pared @ 05/19/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
So instead of improving online franchises they decided to add a gimmick from a backup Quarterback.

Makes perfect sense EA..................
That's not the way it works.

# 36 ryan36 @ 05/19/12 03:37 PM
Leave the politics OUT guys.

And lol @ "Tom Bradying"

# 37 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/19/12 03:41 PM
Maybe this is just my ignorance to the development process but I get the striking feeling that motion capturing or even making this animation from scratch did not detract in any way from other improvements to Madden NFL 13.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

# 38 acreyman @ 05/19/12 07:42 PM
Emmitt Smith did this for years and now its an issue? Stupid. And Emmitt is not the only other one, I know, but just right off hand he is the biggest star NFL player I can think of that did it. But, I thought celebrations could not go to the ground anymore so when are we gonna see this?

# 39 PGaither84 @ 05/19/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

I love the Pats, so I will only accept this if we also get Manning face.

# 40 ryan36 @ 05/19/12 09:35 PM
" Me I like to watch until the defense has done him harm" awesome. Horrible taste , yet awesome

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.