News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 bronxbombers21325 @ 06/22/12 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I agree, scea has no doubt been all but unheard from this year. It's almost like thy gave up on this years addition and didn't want to explain themselves. The patch issues are ridiculous. First of all, the whole patch thing has gotten out of control with all games, not just the show. Secondly, if you expect people to pay 60 bucks at least use the patches to improve the experience. And my final thought is, I cannot believe that we have to download a patch to be able to play with the classic stadiums we have already purchased.
I remember back in the day when game companies had to make games good out of the box, because there was no such thing as an update. Now they just send out some lazy lame attempt and say "Ahh we will patch it later." I think it is hurting all games.

# 162 Splitter77 @ 06/22/12 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
So are there roster patches without bug/glitch patches or is that a stupid question?
i think there are.
im not sure if you need the latest patch to get them or not though.
I know i cant play in the classic stadiums because i dont have the latest patch..

# 163 Falcon999 @ 06/25/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I agree, scea has no doubt been all but unheard from this year. It's almost like thy gave up on this years addition and didn't want to explain themselves. The patch issues are ridiculous. First of all, the whole patch thing has gotten out of control with all games, not just the show. Secondly, if you expect people to pay 60 bucks at least use the patches to improve the experience. And my final thought is, I cannot believe that we have to download a patch to be able to play with the classic stadiums we have already purchased.
Yep it's my point. They're so quiet and still no patch for Vita.

# 164 DGuinta1 @ 06/25/12 07:04 PM
I agree with previous post but man this game is so freaking awesome!!!

# 165 Richie12 @ 06/25/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I agree with previous post but man this game is so freaking awesome!!!
yes and this is why we're still around.

found this.......

Since moving to the PlayStation 3, Sony's MLB: The Show has consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated sports franchises among media outlets. But despite critical acclaim, The Show has performed average at retail.
MLB 12: The Show -- 440,000 (PS3) + 70,000 (Vita) = 0.51 million total
MLB 11: The Show -- 490,000 (PS3) + 110,000 (PSP) + 130,000 (PS2) = 0.73 million total
MLB 10: The Show -- 680,000 (PS3) + 170,000 (PSP) + 410,000 (PS2) = 1.26 million total
MLB 09: The Show -- 680,000 (PS3) + 250,000 (PSP) + 330,000 (PS2) = 1.26 million total
MLB 08: The Show -- 680,000 (PS3) + 330,000 (PSP) + 420,000 (PS2)= 1.43 million total
MLB 07: The Show -- 300,000 (PS3) + 280,000 (PSP) + 930,000 (PS2) = 1.51 million total

# 166 DGuinta1 @ 06/25/12 07:36 PM
Now with the death of 2K baseball, these number will increase a lot next year. How much? Who knows.

# 167 Cavicchi @ 06/25/12 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12

found this.......

Since moving to the PlayStation 3, Sony's MLB: The Show has consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated sports franchises among media outlets. But despite critical acclaim, The Show has performed average at retail.
MLB 11: The Show -- 490,000 (PS3) + 110,000 (PSP) + 130,000 (PS2) = 0.73 million total
MLB 10: The Show -- 680,000 (PS3) + 170,000 (PSP) + 410,000 (PS2) = 1.26 million total
MLB 09: The Show -- 680,000 (PS3) + 250,000 (PSP) + 330,000 (PS2) = 1.26 million total
MLB 08: The Show -- 680,000 (PS3) + 330,000 (PSP) + 420,000 (PS2)= 1.43 million total
MLB 07: The Show -- 300,000 (PS3) + 280,000 (PSP) + 930,000 (PS2) = 1.51 million total
And that is quite surprising considering the competition, or lack of competition.

# 168 nomo17k @ 06/25/12 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
And that is quite surprising considering the competition, or lack of competition.
What really counts is how profitable the game is. Unfortunately (for me) baseball isn't really on par with NFL and NBA as far as popularity is concerned these days, so it's only expected that the sales of a baseball game is mediocre *if* compared to those of football and basketball games (or even soccer).

Don't know how much it costs to develop a game like the Show, but if the profitable margin is big enough, that's a success. You could sell several million copies and still lose money if it takes too much $$$ to develop a game.

# 169 Deutscher @ 06/26/12 04:20 PM
Hi everyone, I've seen a few people ask this recently and have not seen any answers. I also am having trouble sifting through this thread to find the info.

Let's say I'm starting a franchise from scratch.

• Do I update to the latest patch?
  • Is there any weirdness/bugs? (extra digits after decimals for stats, etc)

I couldn't really find a definitive answer, and I see lots of people asking. can anybody provide a summary of what people should do if they are just going to start fresh?

Thanks everyone

# 170 Eddie1967 @ 06/30/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Now with the death of 2K baseball, these number will increase a lot next year. How much? Who knows.
Why are you happy about the death of the other game and praising a potential increase in sales for the show next year? Do you receive any profits or are you just a fan. I will never understand this mentality by those who don't profit in any way when our choices for video games are reduced.

# 171 I3RIS3H @ 06/30/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Why are you happy about the death of the other game and praising a potential increase in sales for the show next year? Do you receive any profits or are you just a fan. I will never understand this mentality by those who don't profit in any way when our choices for video games are reduced.
I was thinking the same thing. First off I feel bad for the 360 guys who can't afford a ps3 who will be without an updated baseball game. Second, the show will now have less competition driving them to make a better game.

# 172 Knight165 @ 06/30/12 10:03 PM
Honestly though....no other game was a driving force for SCEA to make a better game.
Making a better game...and wanting to fulfill the communities wishes where possible is the real driving force behind SCEA.
(no matter how much some have tried to trod on the team with insulting and condescending posts....much to their credit IMO)

FWIW.

M.K.
Knight165

# 173 Falcon999 @ 07/05/12 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I don't consider this to be a condescending post, or an insulting one, but I believe SCEA messed up big time this year with their 'patches'. As if the practice of just patching games in favor of getting the games on the shelf wasn't bad enough, but then they caused a lot of folks to lose their seasons

(most aren't going to just delete their season and start over after having gone so far in, and most aren't going to just 'work around' the issue by not looking at box scores, schedules, etc.)

I think SCEA's saving grace is that they DON'T have competition next year, and I'm a SCEA fan. 2K quit being fun for me a long time ago. We'll see what happens. I'm eager to see how SCEA bounces back from this one.
They messed up, it's not a crime to admit it. But as far as Im concerned it's all fixed now and working.

But there's a bumch of few things that need to be fixed. Nothing major or show stopper. But sounds like they gave up on this year versions ( incl. Vita). We were used to higher standard than that from SCEA.

# 174 choochmvp @ 07/05/12 12:59 PM
I've tried everything but my game still freezes at all different times. I've downloaded the newest patch, started new franchises and every time my system freezes at some point. I was wondering if using a downloaded roster set (OSFM) and/or importing a created player has anything to do with this? Also does anyone have any other tips I could try to get my system to stop freezing during franchise modes?

# 175 Knight165 @ 07/05/12 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I don't consider this to be a condescending post, or an insulting one, but I believe SCEA messed up big time this year with their 'patches'. As if the practice of just patching games in favor of getting the games on the shelf wasn't bad enough, but then they caused a lot of folks to lose their seasons

(most aren't going to just delete their season and start over after having gone so far in, and most aren't going to just 'work around' the issue by not looking at box scores, schedules, etc.)

I think SCEA's saving grace is that they DON'T have competition next year, and I'm a SCEA fan. 2K quit being fun for me a long time ago. We'll see what happens. I'm eager to see how SCEA bounces back from this one.

It wasn't pretty....for sure.

M.K.
Knight165

# 176 Falcon999 @ 07/05/12 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochmvp
I've tried everything but my game still freezes at all different times. I've downloaded the newest patch, started new franchises and every time my system freezes at some point. I was wondering if using a downloaded roster set (OSFM) and/or importing a created player has anything to do with this? Also does anyone have any other tips I could try to get my system to stop freezing during franchise modes?
Oh really ! Feel sorry for you! Did you contacted support? Were they of any help?

# 177 Splitter77 @ 07/09/12 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12

found this.......

the quantity sold drop in my opinion is just because alot of kids dont play or watch baseball anymore.
Its just not as popular as it was even a couple years ago.

Thats not really true for me though, as I havent watched a baseball game in 5 years, but I still buy this game every year because its so fricken good.
I just would hope they stop over patching the game next year for stupid stuff.

I admit though this game is getting to the point for myself, where if they dont add a create team, create stadium, or add some more generic stadiums with unique dimension a sights, I probably wont get this game any more.

# 178 I3RIS3H @ 07/10/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
the quantity sold drop in my opinion is just because alot of kids dont play or watch baseball anymore.
Its just not as popular as it was even a couple years ago.

Thats not really true for me though, as I havent watched a baseball game in 5 years, but I still buy this game every year because its so fricken good.
I just would hope they stop over patching the game next year for stupid stuff.

I admit though this game is getting to the point for myself, where if they dont add a create team, create stadium, or add some more generic stadiums with unique dimension a sights, I probably wont get this game any more.

Before this game I hated baseball because I thought it was boring.
Not anymore.

# 179 kevinbarcusprior @ 07/16/12 03:42 AM
I was reading through the forums trying to find an answer and I am not sure if there was. I started a new franchise after I almost got to the all star game so that I can play with the players added and the new rosters. Whenever I get an extra base hit on the old franchise I shows how many doubles on the season on the new one it does not. I also had 4 or 5 throwing errors including all 3 double play balls and it showed everyone average at 0 not like it normally does at the start of a new season. I am not even sure which patch I am on. How do I download the new patch? How to I find out which patch I am on? Thanks for your help.

# 180 scooteristkai @ 07/16/12 10:44 AM
The latest patch should load automatically if your PS3 is connected to the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbarcusprior
I was reading through the forums trying to find an answer and I am not sure if there was. I started a new franchise after I almost got to the all star game so that I can play with the players added and the new rosters. Whenever I get an extra base hit on the old franchise I shows how many doubles on the season on the new one it does not. I also had 4 or 5 throwing errors including all 3 double play balls and it showed everyone average at 0 not like it normally does at the start of a new season. I am not even sure which patch I am on. How do I download the new patch? How to I find out which patch I am on? Thanks for your help.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.