Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Kotaku's Owen Good has posted what Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers gives and takes away. He also spoke with Josh Looman on something they might add to the game.

Quote:
Looman, when I revisited this subject with him in L.A., told me that the development team was still on the fence about one meta-game feature in Connected Careers, which I pleaded with him to keep. In an early build, he told me that creative director Mike Young created himself as a 37-year-old journeyman quarterback, rated in the high-70s but with declining attributes. At that age, the XP spend to improve or maintain skills is also more expensive, creating a considerable challenge even at Pro difficulty. But Young gutted it out and was named Super Bowl MVP, in a great story of a veteran plucked from the scrap pile to win it all.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 moylan1234 @ 06/13/12 09:13 PM
Good read and thanks for posting. a couple of small things
Quote:
I specifically asked if Ed Werder, Rachel Nichols, or Brett Favre had licensed their appearances in this game. No, no and no were the replies. So rest easy there.
I'm trying to figure out why that one would be a bad thing. do people not like her or something? I guess I just like her for the wrong reasons.
Quote:
How many times have you lost momentum in a Franchise or Superstar mode because you either had a player who wasn't performing, a team who wasn't interesting, or because the experience was no longer challenging?
All those things were very easy to combat in offline franchise last year. No clue about online so I understand the streamlining from that perspective if they weren't
Quote:
In the offseason, the Cardinals replaced Young with Drew Brees out of free agency.
this is the kind of thing that i'm worried about I'd like to know how far into his career he was when this happened

I like the idea of the older journeyman QB, but if they're working on getting anything in last minute I very much hope it's some type of player editing

# 2 StanleyStutters @ 06/13/12 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Good read and thanks for posting. a couple of small things I'm trying to figure out why that one would be a bad thing. do people not like her or something? I guess I just like her for the wrong reasons.
All those things were very easy to combat in offline franchise last year. No clue about online so I understand the streamlining from that perspective if they weren't
this is the kind of thing that i'm worried about I'd like to know how far into his career he was when this happened

I like the idea of the older journeyman QB, but if they're working on getting anything in last minute I very much hope it's some type of player editing
I think he was referring to Brett Favre more than Rachel Nichols. Remember last time Favre came out of retirement Rachel Nichols was the one reporting outside of his house in Mississippi nearly every day. So it looks like Favre won't be coming out of retirement in Madden (at least I hope that's what it means).

# 3 themassacre771.1 @ 06/13/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyStutters
I think he was referring to Brett Favre more than Rachel Nichols. Remember last time Favre came out of retirement Rachel Nichols was the one reporting outside of his house in Mississippi nearly every day. So it looks like Favre won't be coming out of retirement in Madden (at least I hope that's what it means).
This has struck me with great sadness.

# 4 moylan1234 @ 06/13/12 09:25 PM
Oh okay that makes Stanley, yeah I was scratching my head over that one

# 5 DeuceDouglas @ 06/13/12 09:33 PM
Nice read. Still can't wait for CC.

# 6 moneal2001 @ 06/13/12 09:37 PM
@moylan the article said he created a 37 year old qb as a challenge to see how long he could keep up his skills. so a team that could get brees to replace an aging guy like that would do it in a heart beat. and as of now brees is on a franchise contract. if things aren't worked out soon i don't know if he will want to come back. they should have given him the moon with all the trouble they got going right now

# 7 moylan1234 @ 06/13/12 09:46 PM
I don't have a problem with Cardinals signing him it's the Saints not re-signing him that troubles me. If its just an isolated event that's not a problem, but if the Pats release Brady, the Steelers Roth, the Packers Rodgers, etc. Then I have issues

# 8 Reed1417 @ 06/13/12 09:54 PM
very nice read. i cant wait for Madden 13.

# 9 moneal2001 @ 06/13/12 09:56 PM
yea i understand that it just seems a bit realistic to me if they don't pay him sometime soon. he has already been treated badly once when he got replaced by that scrub rivers in san diego. and now after all the crap the saints are dealing with this year, they are not gonna get a deal done for their only sure thing. just seems like they aren't treating him with the respect he has earned

# 10 themassacre771.1 @ 06/13/12 09:58 PM
I want more videos and screenshots of ccm.

# 11 speedy9386 @ 06/13/12 10:11 PM
Man Brett Favre is the man, I would be honored to have him come back in my season.

# 12 econoodle @ 06/13/12 10:21 PM
are player roles still in?
that might/should stop the pack/pats/saints from letting those guys go in free agency. unless there's a good reason.

# 13 cuttingteeth @ 06/13/12 10:28 PM
So...the code does allow for full editing because you can use it in play now mode, which proves that it isn't a glitch with the gameplay at all. The only glitch must be the storylines/twitter/BS that isn't necessary and can't be turned off.

# 14 Reed1417 @ 06/13/12 10:31 PM
but why would editing rosters or any of that stuff have an effect on storylines? to me that does not make sense.

# 15 themassacre771.1 @ 06/13/12 10:35 PM
Twitter lines like "So and so has made remarkable progress over the off season." Would be skewed. I dont really know all the lines but CRMosier should be able to explain it better.

# 16 briz1744 @ 06/14/12 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Wrong its an xp thing as well which is much more important to the mode. Not to mention they have other aspects to finish up before they worry about adding in the safe guards to allow editing in ccm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Doubt its an XP issue more likely an online control issue or to do with from wher CC gets its entry data

# 17 GAM3R4LYF3 @ 06/14/12 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
Doubt its an XP issue more likely an online control issue or to do with from wher CC gets its entry data
Well I can understand how it would be an XP issue. I mean if they were to implement total editing mid franchise like last year, then their whole new XP concept could be rendered useless. Many people would have a mindset similar to; "Why bother saving up experience points to boost awareness by 1 when you can just edit all of the same player's rating up by 10 with no effort?"

# 18 berad88 @ 06/14/12 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
do people not like her or something? I guess I just like her for the wrong reasons.
Every time I see her all I can think about is how awesome her hair is.

# 19 briz1744 @ 06/14/12 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
Well I can understand how it would be an XP issue. I mean if they were to implement total editing mid franchise like last year, then their whole new XP concept could be rendered useless. Many people would have a mindset similar to; "Why bother saving up experience points to boost awareness by 1 when you can just edit all of the same player's rating up by 10 with no effort?"
Not how myself and most here would use editing but if they pay their £45 and want to do that why stop them?

# 20 briz1744 @ 06/14/12 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Wrong its an xp thing as well which is much more important to the mode. Not to mention they have other aspects to finish up before they worry about adding in the safe guards to allow editing in ccm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Do you know it is an XP issue ? If you know I'm sorry but just guessing I shouldn't think XP would distinguish how any one player arrived at it's ratings merely act on how they are at the time ? Just my opinion and I may be wrong

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.