Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC will be developed by the Fight Night development team, at EA Canada.

The development team will be lead by Team and Action Sports General Manager, Dean Richards (Fight Night, NHL, SSX) and Creative Director, Brian Hayes.

What do you think about this move?

Source - EA Sports

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 seventwenty3 @ 07/19/12 10:00 AM
I'm confused, didn't they announce years ago that Fight Night and MMA would alternate. Did that mean back then that they were planning to only have the one team work on both? Or is the break up a newer thing? Either way I can only imagine some THQ guys will make their way over to EA

# 22 Jukeman @ 07/19/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Biggest waste of time there is, they act like want feedback but already have what they want to do in place. I have been there done that with these producers. Read my blogs with the wishlists they asked me for.
Just seem like a marketing tool to get people talking about the game.

# 23 ps3veron @ 07/19/12 10:36 AM
I'm going optimistic here, IMO, EA Canada's is the company's strongest arm.

# 24 DaveDQ @ 07/19/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
Was EA MMA better then Thq's UFC Unleased 1-3? Becasue i never played EA MMA, so i was just wondering.
In terms of their first effort, EA MMA was definitely better.

I'm not crazy about the FNC team shifting over to UFC, and the main reason is they focused on a very casual version of boxing and never adequately addressed some core issues with the game.

I will give an example of why I feel this development team is not the most promising for EA's first UFC game. In Fight Night 4, there was an issue of guys being able to connect an insane amount of punches and not lose stamina to where you punch yourself out. The bottom line, if you connect, you basically don't lose much stamina. Many complained about this so the FNC team tried to address it but out of the box you could still throw 120+ punches a round and still have good stamina throughout the fight.

Here's where (to me) things really went down hill. They released a patch and series of tuners that eventually tried to resolve the mega punching issue by coding the game so that you randomly miss punches. That's how they addressed it. Even if you had an opening for a flush counter, there was a possibility that you miss because the connection % became random. There was no focus on adjusting a fighter's stamina so that if you throw as many punches as possible, you pay for it with fatigue.

That's just one example of what I would call turning a blind eye coding. Instead of getting under the hood and fixing a long time issue, they created a quick fix that in turn produces more headaches.

# 25 TheShizNo1 @ 07/19/12 11:49 AM
Yea, this is not good news to me at all. I will make sure to hold onto Undisputed 3

# 26 aholbert32 @ 07/19/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Yea, this is not good news to me at all. I will make sure to hold onto Undisputed 3
Yep. Thats why I'm not worried. With Event mode, the Super CAF glitch and the openweight glitch, I could see myself playing UFC3 for at least 3 more years. Its not like the rosters are going to fluctuate that much. 50 of the 80 fighters in UFC 2009 are still in the UFC. 10-15 of the others are still in MMA or recently retired or cut.

If EA's version sucks I'll just stick with THQ. I cant tell you how many great matches I've had against the CPU recently and random results too. I had an event where I had a split draw, a first round KO (won) and a submission by gogoplata (lost, Cerrone caught Guillard with it).

# 27 whosgotcha @ 07/19/12 06:36 PM
I thought EA MMA was a very good game and actually overall better than the UFC games. It had strong elements of Fight Night in it as it used the engine if I remember correctly. EA's game actually had a better ground game to me

# 28 SHAKYR @ 07/19/12 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty3
I'm confused, didn't they announce years ago that Fight Night and MMA would alternate. Did that mean back then that they were planning to only have the one team work on both? Or is the break up a newer thing? Either way I can only imagine some THQ guys will make their way over to EA
This was their idea at the time until the EA MMA team moved on to other projects. There's no way for them to handle both projects without major assistance.

# 29 Real Talk @ 07/20/12 06:57 AM
This kinda sucks because not only do we not get a new Fight Night game anytime soon, this teams attention to details is pretty much non existent. Their saving grace tho is their consistent community interaction

# 30 Money99 @ 07/20/12 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
This is bad news, not because they'll do a bad job but because it means it'll be unlikely that we see another Fight Night game. On the plus, at least the striking might actually be good this time.
This is exactly what I thought of too when I heard the news.

# 31 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/20/12 08:32 AM
I agree with many of the limitations of the Fight Night engine that have been mentioned, but I'm still hopeful that their team pulls out all the stops for UFC and makes a solid game. There's some great things that can be borrowed from EA MMA and Undisputed and merged into this new title. I hope they don't try to totally reinvent the wheel, but at the same time I want to see something fresh. Like others in this thread, I don't plan on getting rid of Undisputed any time soon though.

If EA's UFC game means the end of the end of the Fight Night series, I can't say that I'm happy about that. Fight Night had a heck of a lot of problems, but it had a decent foundation. There's still room on my console for both sports. The Fight Night series has provided me with a lot of fun, despite some of the issues that I had with it. It would be disappointing if this is indeed the end. I guess we'll find out sooner or later. I wish the Visual Concepts crew would try their hand at a boxing game.

# 32 Money99 @ 07/20/12 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Just seem like a marketing tool to get people talking about the game.
Absolutely. Just like the 'community days'. That's nothing but cheap publicity.

The thing I want most in any combat sport such as boxing or MMA, is a very deep career mode where you have to make small micro-decisions in regards to your stable and diets.

I cannot express how sick and tired I am of boxing/fighting games where every career mode is the same; start out as a 50-OV fighter, train, earn points, distribute points, wash-rinse-repeat.

The problem is, even though you're a 55-OV fighter, you're fighting other 55-60 OV fighters.
When you get to be a 90 OV, you're fighting other 90-OV. So really, what's the difference?

None of the great fighters in either sport started out as a low-talented fighter.
Was Floyd Mayweather's speed at 42 when in his first pro bout?
Was Tyson's power a mere 67 when he stepped into the ring for the first time?
How about GSP? Was his wrestling a 35 in his first MMA fight?
NO!!!

So give us disparity right away!

And give us full stables to manage!

But this won't happen.
It's 2012 and outside of graphics and controls, fighting games are no different than what we played on an NES or Genesis.
It's pathetic that Evander Holyfield boxing still has one of the deeper career modes seen in a boxing/fighting game even to this day. Absolutely pathetic!

So EA, if you're serious about what fans want to see?? GIVE US A DEEP CAREER MODE with diet, stables, managers, promoters, etc!

# 33 Phobia @ 07/20/12 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I thought I was pretty unbiased Money. I did not just market the game, I spoke about the good and loudly proclaimed the bad. No "toot tooting" my own horn but I thought I did a good job. With that said, I wanna go to this community day a lot more than FNC!!!

I hear "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane" in my head right now

# 34 Jukeman @ 07/20/12 12:25 PM
Quote:

The thing I want most in any combat sport such as boxing or MMA, is a very deep career mode where you have to make small micro-decisions in regards to your stable and diets.

I cannot express how sick and tired I am of boxing/fighting games where every career mode is the same; start out as a 50-OV fighter, train, earn points, distribute points, wash-rinse-repeat.

The problem is, even though you're a 55-OV fighter, you're fighting other 55-60 OV fighters.
When you get to be a 90 OV, you're fighting other 90-OV. So really, what's the difference?

None of the great fighters in either sport started out as a low-talented fighter.
NO!!!

But this won't happen.
It's 2012 and outside of graphics and controls, fighting games are no different than what we played on an NES or Genesis.
It's pathetic that Evander Holyfield boxing still has one of the deeper career modes seen in a boxing/fighting game even to this day. Absolutely pathetic!

So EA, if you're serious about what fans want to see?? GIVE US A DEEP CAREER MODE with diet, stables, managers, promoters, etc!
Not to mention that when you start ur career, you are facing guys who just turned pro as well instead of journey men/cans.

We should be able to give our boxers/MMA any physical attributes we want (without buying a dlc pack..)

# 35 mgoblue @ 07/20/12 04:51 PM
Quote:

NO!!!

But this won't happen.

I understand where you're coming from, but that's pretty crazy in the level of micromanagement required.

Just being honest, I don't think I'd really care to get that in depth in a career. That's something that sounds like it'd be cool but ends up being annoying because you have to spend an hour before each fight doing all these "off the field" things.

# 36 jeremym480 @ 07/20/12 05:39 PM
I just want an MMA game that it closer to to what a "Dynasty" or "Franchise" mode is in other in other sports games. Instead of the career mode that we currently have.

What I mean by that is instead of playing as a single fighter, let us have control over the entire league. Let us have the option to create our own cards and have the game keep up with everyone's records, rankings, title holders, etc. They could even give us the Twitter updates like in Madden 13 for immersion purposes. This could even work in an online setting, as well. Could you imagine "online dynasty UFC league". That'd be awesome! To me this type of mode seems like a no-brainier, but I've never even heard it mentioned by a Dev. I wonder why?

# 37 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/22/12 07:01 PM
Because companies view MMA games as a fighting game and not a sports game. Hell most stores even sale the game under the fighting game category next to Tekken, Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat, instead of putting it under the sports category next to Madden, Fifa and Fight Night.

# 38 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/26/12 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondoCeltics9
UFC Undisputed 3 was tha ****! Still play it today. JON "BONES" JONES better be rated a 100 in this next game or it's fake and not realistic.
Jones is not perfect. He was outstruck and lost the 1st round to Machida. Yes he made the proper adjustments, got the fight to the ground and landed the vicious elbow that changed the fight. But he is by no means the perfect fighter. Yes he should be the highest rated in the LHW division. But not a perfect 100.

# 39 aholbert32 @ 07/30/12 12:05 PM
Quote:
Jon Jones IS perfect. He basically is undefeated in UFC besides the DQ when he smashed Hammil. He has never been Submitted, Knocked-Out, TKO'd, or lost by ANY decisions. He landed body kick to head kick over and over again on Machida. Knocked Lyoto down with his superman punch. So, Jones picked him apart on the feet. He also dominated Rashad Evans for 5 full rounds! Jon "Bones" Jones is going to be the highest rated fighter in the whole entire game. A perfect 100. He's the best ever.
Jones lost the first round of the Machida fight.

# 40 jeremym480 @ 07/30/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
lol wow good for him. You have to finish! Win 1 ROUND, while Jon Jones wins The Whole FIGHT. Put him to sleep. Good night. Did "The Dragon" wake-up yet? lol
Obviously if a fighter loses a round then they're not perfect, right?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.