Home
FIFA 13 News Post

FSB has posted a bunch of FIFA 13 career mode details, including new features and details a new addition called Skill Games.
Quote:
The first thing we saw was the removal of the Player Manager option. That’s been done for various reasons, which are covered in the interview we’re posting tomorrow, I won’t go over them here. So we plumped for a Managerial Career with Chelsea, It was the most neutral team we could think of with a big enough budget to play with. I’d like to point out that Dave was driving, so some of the more bizarre decisions were down to him.
Quote:
We were asked to find out about lots of different things before we went to EAC but the one part of FIFA 13 you all wanted to know about most was Career Mode. That’s why we’re incredibly pleased to bring you this rundown of the modes new features which address many community requests of old and, introduce some truly staggering new technical innovations.
Quote:
A new addition for FIFA 13 are Skill Games, incorporated into the game using the new physics capabilities that came with the Impact Engine. On the surface it looks like they’re aimed at newcomers to FIFA (which they are) but they should also offer seasoned players a way to see areas of the games controls that they might not know about too. The idea primarily is aimed at teaching people the fundamentals of FIFA, step-by-step cranking up the difficulty of each particular skills area to show you more and more.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 alphaguy5 @ 07/27/12 09:58 PM
After not buying last years, I will definitely be getting this game after hearing that they added international play!

# 22 Altimus @ 07/30/12 09:54 AM
One thing I'm praying for is limited glitches in CM. Remember the year where you would sell a player and the AI would just throw him on the bench and never play them? Even if they were Messi? Game breaking...

# 23 grizzlies317 @ 07/30/12 11:58 AM
Not a game breaking issue for me by any means, but I sure hope they have tidied up the "team management" screen in CM. I always dread pressing the A button 250 times before every game just to set my starting XI and subs. I know they added in the feature where you can press Y to rotate players at a position, but there has to be something smoother.

Also, transfers in the initial summer window in CM are bothersome for me. A few minor transfers wouldn't bother me, but it just blew mind when Rooney would be sold to Bayern right off the bat.

# 24 NaturalSelected @ 07/30/12 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
Not a game breaking issue for me by any means, but I sure hope they have tidied up the "team management" screen in CM. I always dread pressing the A button 250 times before every game just to set my starting XI and subs. I know they added in the feature where you can press Y to rotate players at a position, but there has to be something smoother.

Also, transfers in the initial summer window in CM are bothersome for me. A few minor transfers wouldn't bother me, but it just blew mind when Rooney would be sold to Bayern right off the bat.
They did say that they had toned down transfers and made them more realistic. That doesn't mean players won't move in the first summer, but hopefully a lot less movement.

In terms of the team management screen, I doubt you'll see anything significant here. Maybe the "rotate everyone" feature will work this year (it lags in FIFA 12), but I was hopeful for saved squads like saved formations and I don't think they made it (haven't seen anything noted in any vids/interviews yet).

# 25 grizzlies317 @ 07/30/12 03:32 PM
Also, has anyone heard of anything about preseason friendlies and letting us have an expanded bench? Another minor qualm I've had with CM is not being able to use infinite, or at least more than the usual 3, subs.

# 26 Altimus @ 07/31/12 08:42 AM
Quote:
Also, has anyone heard of anything about preseason friendlies and letting us have an expanded bench? Another minor qualm I've had with CM is not being able to use infinite, or at least more than the usual 3, subs.
I haven't read anything but I'm hoping we'll be able to swap up the entire starting 11 this year. Without this kind of makes friendlies worthless.

# 27 TryHard_Nation @ 07/31/12 05:37 PM
Any word on Progressioon?

# 28 NaturalSelected @ 07/31/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
Any word on Progressioon?
From the Career Mode Q&A on FSB:

Quote:
Q: mikeastuto: @EASPORTSFIFA Any updates to the youth academy? Specifically player growth? #FIFA13Career

A: EASPORTSFIFA: @mikeastuto Some additions to the Youth Academy, and we are working on some very good improvements to the player growth system #FIFA13Career

# 29 BezO @ 08/01/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Didn't like this snippet from the CM preview:

Quote:
As for gameplay, there’s some updated impressions being posted later, but I’d be hard pushed to say we noticed the AI behaving particularly differently based on the team or reacting to events, which will be a downer for some people.

So another year of all teams basically playing the same? Has anyone else seen anything describing teams having a different play style?

Why do the members of the development team who work on gameplay for EA Sports games not care about this? All of their games suffer from this, and it is the reason their games get boring so quickly. These features in CM are nice and will do a good job of immersing you into the game, but then you actually get to playing the games and..........
Damn! I was sure this would be an area of improvement this year. I'm no longer sure about a FIFA '13 purchase.

# 30 NaturalSelected @ 08/01/12 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Damn! I was sure this would be an area of improvement this year. I'm no longer sure about a FIFA '13 purchase.
As silly as it is, if the system remains the same, you can build a roster file with the sliders/team tactics from this forum and get to a really fun FIFA experience.

You shouldn't have to do the work, but it's possible to get a more varied experience.

# 31 CeltBhoy33 @ 08/01/12 08:32 PM
Off topic... I just want to see some Rangers pics in 13.....

Sorry but in this household it's a non stop party.
RIP Rangers you wont be missed.

# 32 ZoneBlitz @ 08/03/12 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Definitely some nice additions.

Didn't like this snippet from the CM preview:

So another year of all teams basically playing the same? Has anyone else seen anything describing teams having a different play style?

Why do the members of the development team who work on gameplay for EA Sports games not care about this? All of their games suffer from this, and it is the reason their games get boring so quickly. These features in CM are nice and will do a good job of immersing you into the game, but then you actually get to playing the games and..........
...and this is, every year, what stops me from buying FIFA and sends me to PES. These improvements are awesome, but they are utterly meaningless since all the teams play the same. It is shocking to see the, ignore this year after year. FIFA would be nirvana if all teams played like they do in real life. I am hoping they are working on something and just not telling us.

# 33 grizzlies317 @ 08/11/12 06:24 PM
I'm hoping they release some info soon about the major improvements to the player growth system they mentioned.

# 34 grizzlies317 @ 08/14/12 08:43 PM
With ultimate team being so popular online, I bet it would be another couple of years before they thought about implementing something like online manager mode. Although if done correctly, an online manager mode would be an incredible feature.

Another thing I was wondering about was if they have added any new traits and specialties? It would be nice to even be able to edit traits for all players. Similarly to how you can with your VP.

# 35 poster @ 08/15/12 10:01 AM
I hope it feels different this year. They have added some nice touches to the game, just want that dynamic feel that is missing when playing matches. Sliders help somewhat, but not enough. Definitely looking forward to the PC demo and early release. I always will support PC sports gaming, and make the purchase. Just hope I don't get bored quickly, again.

The fouls better be fixed!!!

# 36 Gnemi @ 08/16/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
I'm hoping they release some info soon about the major improvements to the player growth system they mentioned.
It's literally the only aspect of the game that requires major improvement for me to stay interested in the 2013 offering.

If it's anywhere near as bad as 2012, I'll pass.

# 37 juice2142 @ 08/16/12 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
...and this is, every year, what stops me from buying FIFA and sends me to PES. These improvements are awesome, but they are utterly meaningless since all the teams play the same. It is shocking to see the, ignore this year after year. FIFA would be nirvana if all teams played like they do in real life. I am hoping they are working on something and just not telling us.

Sorry i havent played PES (besides for the demo) but do they portray a clubs play style? Do some teams play more defensive or ball control and others may play more agressive? I'm buying a soccer game for the 1st time in 10+ years and debating between FIFA and PES.

# 38 grizzlies317 @ 08/16/12 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
Sorry i havent played PES (besides for the demo) but do they portray a clubs play style? Do some teams play more defensive or ball control and others may play more agressive? I'm buying a soccer game for the 1st time in 10+ years and debating between FIFA and PES.
I have played both FIFA 12 and PES 12 throughout the past several months and I think PES more accurately portrays team styles. It definitely isn't perfect, but you have more tweaking options than FIFA, in my opinion. There are preset styles you can select for each team. Apart from those, you can also basically customize a style with sliders, similar to FIFA.

Playing both demos is your best option. FIFA seems the better overall experience in my own opinion.

# 39 bigeastbumrush @ 08/17/12 09:05 PM
In your honest opinion...is FIFA 13 worth getting for a casual follower of soccer?

I've been reading through the FIFA 12 career thread and I don't know most of who the players are..don't understand the contract offers or trades.

I like the game and how it plays. Just wondering if it's too deep for a casual fan of the sport.

# 40 grizzlies317 @ 08/17/12 10:47 PM
I actually have a couple friends who knew nothing of the sport, but started playing FIFA and have grown to thoroughly enjoy it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.