Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The top 10 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 13 have been revealed.

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers 99 overall
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots 98 overall
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints 98 overall
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants 97 overall
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: 95 overall
6. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: 93 overall
7. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers: 92 overall
8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions: 91 overall
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: 90 overall
10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: 89 overall

Thoughts?

Source - Top 10 rated QBs in 'Madden NFL 13' (ESPN)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 volstopfan14 @ 07/30/12 05:11 PM
I understand why, but I would have liked to see Peyton higher than a 93. Also, I think Stafford, Big Ben, and Romo are too high, but that's debatable.

# 42 at23steelers @ 07/30/12 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scala42
steelers fans are the worst
I agree!! Generalizing and stirring a fan base while adding nothing to the thread is always the best route to take! Keep up the good work!

# 43 DGMikeBarker @ 07/30/12 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesmurized
I don't get how Philip Rivers is rated so highly. If I'm not mistaken, he was 3rd in interceptions last year and had an off year altogether.
I'm fine with every other rating, wished they were more spread out but the NFL is a quarterback league now
I agree. Rivers would be my 10th rated QB because of his INT's and except him to drop this year with the loss of Vincent Jackson.

# 44 raiders81tim @ 07/30/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_made409
How is Matt Schaub not in the top 10? I think he's a better quarterback than Vick, no disrespect.
He was snubbed big time.

# 45 raiders81tim @ 07/30/12 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMikeBarker
I agree. Rivers would be my 10th rated QB because of his INT's and except him to drop this year with the loss of Vincent Jackson.
Please dude had a higher qbr than both Eli and Ben in his worst season ever as a starter. Rivers is a stud, very underrated.

# 46 Gaycandybacon @ 07/30/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
He was snubbed big time.
I could see Schaub taking Vicks place. But who knows, maybe Schaub is 89 OVR just like Vick.

# 47 DGuinta1 @ 07/30/12 05:20 PM
Get rid of Vick and give me Cam! wo0t!

# 48 RustyShark @ 07/30/12 05:34 PM
Notice how Brady gets sacked and also throws an incomplete pass in the video while everyone else is completing 50 yard bombs.

# 49 Gaycandybacon @ 07/30/12 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShark
Notice how Brady gets sacked and also throws an incomplete pass in the video while everyone else is completing 50 yard bombs.
He's showing off his nonexsistant 99 toughness rating

# 50 seasprite @ 07/30/12 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I understand why, but I would have liked to see Peyton higher than a 93. Also, I think Stafford, Big Ben, and Romo are too high, but that's debatable.
He is old and coming off missing a complete season due to a surgically repaired neck.........I think they were more than fair with him. JMO

# 51 Alliball @ 07/30/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMikeBarker
Did you feel the same way about Brees when he threw 22 picks in 2010? I wouldn't expect Rivers to drop with a healthy Gates and what he did in 2010 without Jackson.

# 52 Bull_Dozer @ 07/30/12 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Wondering how they managed to spell "Jay Cutler" as "M-A-T-T-H-E-W S-T-A-F-F-O-R-D"? I mean, Stafford's good, but Cutler's better, especially if you watched the Bears/Lions game from last season in Soldier Field. I feel like the only reason Cutler isn't on this list is as No. 8 is because he was injured during the second half.

But this year, with being reunited with his old QB coach and Brandon Marshall, I think EA Sports might be raising his rating...
I think Stafford is better than Cutler. And I'm pretty sure Stafford had an injured finger in that game you're talking about.

# 53 Madwolf @ 07/30/12 06:26 PM
First of all I'd go:

1 Aaron Rodgers
2 Drew Brees
3 Tom Brady

Brady is great, but he was showing a little age in the Super Bowl IMO. Regardless, he and Brees are inter-changeable.

Eli Manning - Great player, should be in the Top10, but I think 97 is a little high. He should be in the 92-95 range. He great, but his consistency ranges from good to great until the 4th quarter, then he becomes Elite.

Big Ben - Big Ben is a good QB, and Eli deserves to be ahead of him, but he had some struggles last year. Too many to warrant anything above a 92 IMO.

Peyton Manning - He had to drop based on his injury, but I think they got his rating right. Enough to show that he's still great, but age is catching up.

Tony Romo - Deserves to be in the Top10 after last year, had a amazing season.

Matthew Stafford - Had a good year, as would almost any QB throwing to Calvin Johnson, but he looked good throwing to his other team-mates as well. Definitely Top10.

Phillip Rivers - Okay, so Rivers has been a good QB, no one is going to argue against that, but last year was attrocious by Top10 QB standards, and he needs to take a ratings hit. Somewhere between 88 and 90. It wouldn't be the end of the world Charger fans, but keeping Norv Turner another year just might be.

Mike Vick - Vick probably deserves his 89 rating, but I still have trouble putting him into the Top10 un-contested.

Guess you could make an argument for:

Cam Newton - Is anyone going to argue he couldn't be Top10 this year? Had an AMAZING rookie season for a QB, in fact, it was the best ever! The Panthers lost Shockey, but got other pieces of their offense healthy. If Gary Barnidge, whom Cam hooked up with really well in camp this past season, can secure the #2 TE spot, I think the Panthers are looking good replacing Shockey. Between Gettis, Pilares, Adams, and Murphy, Carolina should have a good slot WR too.

Matt Schuab - Guy played like Superman last year. He was the real snub on this list. Kick Rivers out and but Schuab in IMO. The only knock he has on him was getting injured.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Deserves some fringe love. Had a solid season last year, and he is forgotten about way too often.

Jay Cutler - Should be due for a better season this year. Has really shown himself in games, and crapped the bed less this year. If he can keep up his consistency with the Bears additions he could earn some fringe Top10 respect again.

Matt Ryan - Also deserving a little love. In past years he might be considered on the edge of the Top10. Until he proves that he hasn't peaked and can win a playoff game though I think he's camped right outside.

Tim Tebow - Naaw, I'm just messing with you. lol.

# 54 Ferweezy @ 07/30/12 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
I think Stafford is better than Cutler. And I'm pretty sure Stafford had an injured finger in that game you're talking about.
Stafford finger on his throwing hand was injured in that game and a couple of other games during the middle of the season. It affected his accuracy and the zip on his throws. Which led to a lot of INT during that short time span. Has soon as his fingered healed up, he went on a monster tear towards the end of the season.

# 55 N51_rob @ 07/30/12 06:32 PM
Madwolf, you have a good list. But I think Fitzpatrick's second half was pretty awful. He is probably in that 17-20 range for me.

But I like your list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 56 agreene7 @ 07/30/12 06:37 PM
Vick is better than Rivers Romo and Stafford imo. Big Ben and Eli both have multiple rings so they are not overrated to me.

# 57 z Graffitti x @ 07/30/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Madwolf, you have a good list. But I think Fitzpatrick's second half was pretty awful. He is probably in that 17-20 range for me.

But I like your list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
he played the last 9 games with 2 cracked ribs when he was healthy the team was 5-2 so that says a lot

# 58 SaintBrees @ 07/30/12 06:39 PM
Obvioulsy im being biased, but i think Brees should be ahead of Brady. Especially after the record setting season he just had.

# 59 jpdavis82 @ 07/30/12 06:48 PM
For those concerned that the authentic qb throwing motions were removed, they weren't.

Josh Davis@jpdavis1982 @JDewiel Have authentic throwing motions for qbs been removed for Madden 13?

1h Justin Dewiel@JDewiel
@jpdavis1982 no, they're in. I just confirmed with the dev team as well.

# 60 Senator Palmer @ 07/30/12 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
For those concerned that the authentic qb throwing motions were removed, they weren't.

Josh Davis@jpdavis1982 @JDewiel Have authentic throwing motions for qbs been removed for Madden 13?

1h Justin Dewiel@JDewiel
@jpdavis1982 no, they're in. I just confirmed with the dev team as well.
I must not have any sort of touch with the twitter. I tweeted this question a few months ago when the vids started rolling out and got crickets.

@Madwolf - good list, but I'm with Rob, I'd put Cutler and Ryan over Fitzpatrick

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.